Sketchbook (share your daily/random doodles!)

My portrait of Sofia Vergara. I haven’t drawn in a while, so it was nice to return to an old hobby.
1719582993560.jpeg

I should be asleep, but after clearing my desk today, I was feeling ambitious and wanted to try using Clip Studio Paint again. I have been trying to switch over because most of my favorite artists are CSP users and I have better posture when looking at my screen compared to when I use Procreate on my iPad.

Long story short, after 2 hours:
1722838797790.png

did another traditional sketch this evening during my down time at work, I wanted to draw Sandy and Sterling again. I haven't drawn them together for a while. 😌
here Sandy is walking along and going through papers in a file with a pencil, and he's just throwing the papers all over the place while Sterling scrambles to pick them up, as they are important case files (they are detectives). and Sandy is rambling along and suddenly turns around and looks at Sterling frantically reaching down, and says "are you paying attention to me?" he's a little bossy lol.
20240827_184351.jpg

I find that I've been much more interested in traditional art lately, idk I think it feels more personal than digital art in a way. plus there's something unique and interesting about working within the confines of mistakes with traditional art. less is more, as they say.

I outlined and colored this thing so it doesn't really count as a "sketch", but I don't feel inclined to share it in my art thread so I'll put it here.

Here is Crisp talking to Kieran (as a cat) while they're walking to a sign somewhere in Kitakami. The cat next to Crisp is her partner Sprigatito, Kwazii (named after an Octonauts character...don't ask ><) When I created Crisp I wanted to write a Pokemon Scarlet/Violet fanfiction where she is a pet cat who wakes up in the game's universe and must navigate the story with Kwazii. I unfortunately scrapped plans for it after a few weeks, but Crisp lives on as my main OC/persona/fursona/whatever you call it.
IMG_1296.jpeg

Oh yeah, I wanted a good excuse to draw a Sprigatito for the first time. I think I did a pretty decent job on it.

Back