• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

Smash Bros Smash Bros. Ultimate Discussion Thread

I mean the word Deluxe kinda means it comes with everything. It was just a port. Smash is a new game, so it is incredibly likely there will be DLC for it.

That’s good to know. Thank you once again. :D

I will definitely be picking up a copy once I have a Switch.

Very happy that Daisy is finally in Smash. However, very disappointed that Waluigi is still not playable.
I wonder if they could give him a "promotion" in the future, like turning him from a assist trophie into
a fighter. Otherwise, nice that all characters are in this game, glad to see that Ice Climbers, Pichu,
Snake as well as Wolf are back. The idea of the Echo Fighters is also nice, I wonder if maybe Birdo
become a Echo Fighter for Yoshi? The stages looking also pretty good so far, I would love to see
that stage based on New Donk City from Super Mario Odyssey.

I don't have a Switch yet, but once I have one, I will definitely gonna buy that game, lol.
I don't see that as possible. Echo Fighters have to be practically identical with only minor differences. While I can see some of Yoshi's moveset working, and while they do share a very similar body shape, they'd have to do too much to change the moveset since Birdo doesn't shoot her tongue out like Yoshi. At least to my recollection anyway. They'd have to probably turn that move into an egg projectile or a sort of suction akin to Kirby's or King Dedede's. The same work would need to be done to her throw. Birdo would be neat to see though if they wanted to add her in the future as a standalone.

As far as the much beloved and desired Waluigi is concerned, I don't see him becoming a fighter unless something drastic happens. He needs more character and more spotlight in the Mario series proper if you ever actually want to see him become playable in Smash Bros. He doesn't really have much to work with other than Mario Sports games and that Mario DDR game he was the boss of, and Peach already uses a golf club and a tennis racket. I can see him throwing (maybe loaded?) dice blocks from Mario Party and maybe doing something with pinball because of his Waluigi Pinball race track in Mario Kart, but what else is there beside that and his Crotch Chop taunt from Super Mario Strikers? I'd love to see him as a character, he's awesome, but he needs some love from Nintendo first.

Anyway, the game looks fantastic and I can't wait for December. I absolutely need to get a Switch before then.

Last edited:
I mean the word Deluxe kinda means it comes with everything. It was just a port. Smash is a new game, so it is incredibly likely there will be DLC for it.
Great!

So that means my main boi Mario Kart 8 Villager can be in Smash now, thanks to the introduction of echo characters? I'd like that.

Great!

So that means my main boi Mario Kart 8 Villager can be in Smash now, thanks to the introduction of echo characters? I'd like that.

Not sure that would need to be an Echo fighter, maybe just a new skin for Villager. Nintendo hasn't done anything like that for Smash before but it is a cool idea to be able to purchase unique skins for your favorite fighters.

Not sure that would need to be an Echo fighter, maybe just a new skin for Villager. Nintendo hasn't done anything like that for Smash before but it is a cool idea to be able to purchase unique skins for your favorite fighters.
Wait, you can buy new skins?

As far as the much beloved and desired Waluigi is concerned, I don't see him becoming a fighter unless something drastic happens.

Just saying, besides the Animal Crossing fans who letting out their frustration, the Waluigi fans
"spammed" every chat, comment section and post about Nintendo with Waluigi related comments,
and they still doing it. Even The Washington Post made a news article about this with the title
"Waluigi was robbed and humiliated by Nintendo, and his fans are furious" (no joke, google it).

Who knows, maybe Sakurai will realize how many fans Waluigi actaully has and how important
it is for them that Waluigi should be playable and will turn him into a fighter one day to make
the fans finally happy.

No, but it would be a cool idea!

That reminds me... it would be a great idea if Nintendo made it so that we earn currency from online matches in order to buy things in the game, even certain DLC would be nice as a reward. I feel like they may have had something like this in Sm4sh, but a full-blown shops & rewards system for online matches would be nice.

Just saying, besides the Animal Crossing fans who letting out their frustration, the Waluigi fans
"spammed" every chat, comment section and post about Nintendo with Waluigi related comments,
and they still doing it. Even The Washington Post made a news article about this with the title
"Waluigi was robbed and humiliated by Nintendo, and his fans are furious" (no joke, google it).

Who knows, maybe Sakurai will realize how many fans Waluigi actaully has and how important
it is for them that Waluigi should be playable and will turn him into a fighter one day to make
the fans finally happy.
I'm not denying his popularity. I count myself among the Waluigi faithful. I want him as a playable character not only in Super Smash Bros., but in the main Mario titles as well. When there's four players available, I don't see why they don't add Wario and Waluigi sometimes. Like in New Super Mario Bros. U, I don't see why we couldn't have Wario and Waluigi instead of two differently colored Toads.

I believe Sakurai probably does know of Waluigi's popularity, but that's only worth so much. Maybe something like the Washington Post article will influence something, but I still feel like he doesn't have enough moveset potential to work with as things stand. Again, it's all just mostly sports games, the Kart games, the Party games, and that Mario DDR. Peach has a tennis racket and golf club already, so it would seem a bit redundant as things stand right now.

Last edited:
I'm not denying his popularity. I count myself among the Waluigi faithful. I want him as a playable character not only in Super Smash Bros., but in the main Mario titles as well. When there's four players available, I don't see why they don't add Wario and Waluigi sometimes. Like in New Super Mario Bros. U, I don't see why we couldn't have Wario and Waluigi instead of two differently colored Toads.

I believe Sakurai probably does know of Waluigi's popularity, but that's only worth so much. Maybe something like the Washington Post article will influence something, but I still feel like he doesn't have enough moveset potential to work with as things stand. Again, it's all just mostly sports games, the Kart games, the Party games, and that Mario DDR. Peach has a tennis racket and golf club already, so it would seem a bit redundant as things stand right now.

I really wish Waluigi (but also Wario) would appear in more Mario main games too. I agree with New Super
Mario Bros. U, they could easy replace those Toads with other characters, Wario and Waluigi would have
fit perfectly into the game. In general, it's kinda sad to see that Nintendo or Sakurai doesn't give other
characters a spot in a bigger game like a main game or something like Smash. I mean, it's a miracle that
Daisy made it finally into Smash (even if she's just a Echo Fighter), as she's also one of those Nintendo
characters which is overall in more Spin-Off games like Mario Kart or Mario Party then in main games.

Guys I'm sad

They didn't put Boss Baby Hiding Behind A Rock or Knack or Jimmy Neutron or Bert and Ernie in this game

0/10 actual garbage

I'm so glad they put Pok?mon Trainer back in. It felt so good playing as Squirtle again in the demo. qwq Charzard was literally the last pok?mon I'd want to use of the three that I'd do what I could to switch to him before I could get KO'd so I wouldn't get stuck with him. But in Ultimate, that's not an issue. :)

Just real happy that Nintendo included all the old characters to the roster and added the Inklings. I'm super hyped for the release.

https://twitter.com/nintendovs/status/1026202051884150784?s=21

A Smash presentation is coming in a few days. What do you guys think we'll see? I'm hoping for some new fighters revealed.

- - - Post Merge - - -

https://twitter.com/nintendovs/status/1026202051884150784?s=21

A Smash presentation is coming in a few days. What do you guys think we'll see? I'm hoping for some new fighters revealed.

I feel like there’s already a large amount of fighters in the game, so I’m hoping they show off some new stages or perhaps even a new mode to the game or two. That would be interesting, imo

Back