• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

Smash Bros Smash Bros. Ultimate Discussion Thread

https://twitter.com/nintendovs/status/1026202051884150784?s=21

A Smash presentation is coming in a few days. What do you guys think we'll see? I'm hoping for some new fighters revealed.

This would be a pipe dream but it would be cool if Isabelle was announced along with confirmation of AC Switch being in development during/after her trailer. :rolleyes: I know this is a Smash focused direct but it would just be great lol.

I honestly expect Ashley from WarioWare to be announced but I would personally like Bandana Waddle Dee or Dixie Kong.

Welp Ashley is an assist trophy. </3

Last edited:
https://twitter.com/nintendovs/status/1026202051884150784?s=21

A Smash presentation is coming in a few days. What do you guys think we'll see? I'm hoping for some new fighters revealed.

I think there'll be one new fighter revealed, and I'm hoping for my boi K. Rool. He's been my #1 most wanted since the announcement of Brawl. I think it would be cool to see some others like Isaac, Banjo-Kazooie, Simon Belmont or a Rhythm Heaven character, but I think I'm the only person who would actually like to see Captain Syrup from Wario Land get some recognition, although I doubt it will ever happen in any Smash game.

This is going to be really random, but if they do announce a new character, I’m hoping it’s Viridi from Kid Icarus: Uprising, along with an announcement afterwards of a new Kid Icarus game. That franchise hasn’t received nearly enough love as it should.

Simon Belmont from Castelvania confirmed.
38726055_1841614549258432_8603069959200833536_n.jpg

Edited
Chrom from Fire Emblem and Dark Samus from Metroid confirmed
38714585_1841624702590750_8644651139616210944_o.jpg

38783161_1841624899257397_6686708006161219584_n.jpg

Last edited:
A moment of silence for Luigi and Dedede, whose lives were mercilessly taken for newcomer trailers.

Still no one new I’m really interested in, but that’s fine because Fox, Ryu, and Lucario are already confirmed for the game.

Also, it’s probably a good thing Ridley and King K. Rool were added, because lots of Smash fans wanted those two for a LONG time. Lol

Don't let the newcomers distract you from the fact that the best stage is back
i3vxo1q.jpg

ybpoGI5.jpg

Last edited:
I’m not really a fan of Castlevania, but the presentation overall was pretty good! King K. Tool was a nice surprise. Now that he’s been announced, I have a little bit of hope that Waluigi could possibly make an appearance in the future haha.

I'm still holding out for a Paper Mario reveal. I mean come on that game has such a large fanbase, especially those who cling onto Paper Mario 1 and TTYD. This is a series that should get recognition for their age and fame.

Pretty cool Smash Direct! Excited to see King K. Rool and Chrom, and while I don't play Castlevania, they look like cool fighters.

Simon looks amazing. Like damn. He's perfect. I'm becoming more interested in this game the more they reveal, but I still probably won't get it on launch. Definitely curious to see what else they may add, so far it's shaping up to be an excellent definitive edition of the Smash series.

Also I'm enjoying the majority of the designs over Smash 4's look, everyone just looks... better. And they picked some surprising iterations for characters like OoT Ganondorf and ALttP Zelda. I'm really digging the variation, though I think FE is way over-represented, Chrom feels largely unnecessary. Another sword lord, great. Had it been an iconic lance user like Ephraim, it would've felt like a more justified addition to at least add some flavour to the FE cast.

Very pleased with Dark Samus as well. I feel like that's been long overdue.

Wasn't the point of excluding Chrom in Sm4sh because he isn't that interesting/different of a fighter? He even made fun of the hype in a cameo in one of Pit and the goddesses' conversations.
I'm really concerned they haven't shown a story mode yet, especially with the emphasis on pleasing veteran fans. I would not have waited years and bended over backwards to play the Earthbound games if Lucas hadn't had his Subspace arc and got kid me interested in the character. Like 90% of my cousin's and my fun with Brawl was dubbing the silly cutscenes and roleplaying the characters based on their depiction in them. Sm4sh was bundled with my Wii U and it bothered me how contextless and uninterestingly presented the fighters were, and it's only going to be more daunting now that we're approaching 70 fighters. If Nintendo alienates kids from the Smash games by expecting too much familiarity I'm worried we'll lose this golden age for old IPs most people learned of through Smash (look at what it did for Fire Emblem!!).

Last edited:
Agreed, there seems to be more and more Fire Emblem characters flying into the show every time. It's getting a bit bland to be honest. Why couldn't they had made it an ax or lance user? That would had brought a breath of life to a series they're introducing to the smash roster like kicking a horse to death.

Also why so much highlight on Awakening? They could had used Hector from the very first FE game we ever got overseas.

Last edited:
This part of the direct pretty much scarred me forever.

screenshot_20180808-171008.jpg

But I almost crapped myself when I saw that Simon Belmont is in the game! I've personally never played Castlevania (I would prob be terrible at it) but I've seen plenty of videos of people playing the original NES games to know what they're doing here!
It really did surprise me though.

Also where my Waluigi boi at ninty?? :confused::confused:

- - - Post Merge - - -

I'm still holding out for a Paper Mario reveal. I mean come on that game has such a large fanbase, especially those who cling onto Paper Mario 1 and TTYD. This is a series that should get recognition for their age and fame.

Yes it would be fun to go around beating people with giant mallets and whatnot.
And idk if this is a feature, but if they could take some of the mote popular allies from those games and make them assist trophies with the same abilities they had before, that would be really cool.

I'm really concerned they haven't shown a story mode yet, especially with the emphasis on pleasing veteran fans.

I was actually wondering the same thing. I think the best thing about SSBB was that you could actually play a story mode and that gave the game some character a d made it more interesting. If the game is nothing but people fighting each other and they're trying to make up for it by bringing back a bunch of characters and stages, then it becomes oversaturated and boring very quickly.

Back