Spooky Scary Scavenging

Round #1 Submissions!

IMG_0123.jpeg

The spooky chip on her cheek though…

IMG_0124.jpeg

This one was probably my fav just because the lantern itself was sooo cool. Almost bought it tbh!

IMG_0122.jpeg

I didn’t add the text, found it like that!!

I have a doll made of velvet? Would that count me as a doll? It doesn't look like a real baby doll though.

But it is a human form and shape. I actually have two, could I send them to you so you can look?
I've been accepting some dolls made out of softer materials, but feel free to PM me and I can check.

Item 1:“Creepy” humanoid doll
(I hope it's doll enough)

View attachment 591844
I'd consider this one to be more of a figurine because it's attached to a stand, but feel free to edit it if you're able to find a different one and then PM me so I can adjust your coins. Thanks!

question about item #1. are these types of dolls okay?
View attachment 591905
i thought i had some dolls but it turns out i have more plushies if anything lol
Same as above, these are a little too far towards a figurine on the doll scale.

Round 1 submissions :> I was initially worried about only having one of these but I hope all three of these are eligible!

Item 1:“Creepy” humanoid doll
I'm not quite sure where this originated from... but it's one of the dolls that I often pass by in my parents house. Either them or possibly one of my grandparents got this while travelling? 🤔 Either way, it's cool to see them still around after all these years.

JsxtG24.jpeg

Item 2: Rust
Rust on some pliers.

Halloween scav hunt_r1_rust.JPG

Item 3: Bat or bat imagery
I was searching all over the place for a webkinz bat plush I had, but I think I may have donated it just this past summer which I highly regret for multiple reasons now. 😭 Thankfully my BOTW concept art book came in clutch. Gonna mourn my webkinz bat though.OTL

PylEvpD.jpeg

Hunt 1

Creepy Doll:
I found a mediocre doll at the Dollar Store, but then went to grab some oil at the auto shop and this little lady was waiting for me at the exit.
IMG_0362.jpeg

Rust: Found along the frame/rocker of a car (also at the auto shop!)
IMG_0363.jpeg

Bat: A challenging puzzle from a friend who thinks I’m 10…
IMG_0364.jpeg

Hunt #1

Item 1:“Creepy” humanoid doll (must be a humanoid shape and be a proper doll; no plushies, teddy bears, action figures, porcelain figurines, etc.)
1729461018883.png

Item 2: Rust (any rust on metal)
Forgotten rusty drill bit
1729461008369.png

Item 3: Bat or bat imagery (can be a real bat, bat plush, Batman poster, bat decal on a t-shirt, etc.)
I managed to find a single Halloween sticker with a bat on it
1729460989704.png

I spent more time making my name card than I did on the hunt itself >.>

#1. Creepy Dolls
- courtesy of a hunt through Wal-mart. I walked the isle until I came across these two looking at me funny.
20241020_165403.jpg

#2. Rust- courtesy of the back of my fiancée's vehicle ((affectionately nicknamed The Boat))
20241020_171030.jpg

#3. Bats- courtesy of me hoarding Squishmallows.
20241020_174805.jpg

Hunt 1

Creepy Doll:
I found a mediocre doll at the Dollar Store, but then went to grab some oil at the auto shop and this little lady was waiting for me at the exit.

Rust: Found along the frame/rocker of a car (also at the auto shop!)

Bat: A challenging puzzle from a friend who thinks I’m 10…
I would instantly buy that doll. The only question would be where to put her, in my attic or in my basement? Or next to the bed? 🤔

I’m not a creepy doll sort of person, but luckily I visited my friend today who has a whole doll collection. The eyes push it into the creepy zone for me.

IMG_2302.jpeg

Rusty can opener! That dark ring around the screw near the middle is entirely rust. It does not do a very good job opening cans any more.

IMG_2303.jpeg

And #3: bat(s) miniature, courtesy of my D&D obsessed roommate.

IMG_2304.jpeg

Hunt #1 | October 18th | Ends on October 21st at 11:59 PM EST

Greetings, ghost hunters! Our first round of scavenging calls for you to find the following items:

Item 1: “Creepy” humanoid doll (must be a both a humanoid shape and a proper doll; no plushies, teddy bears, action figures, porcelain figurines, etc.)

Item 2: Rust (any rust on metal)

Item 3: Bat or bat imagery (can be a real bat, bat plush, Batman poster, bat decal on a t-shirt, etc.)
Hunt #1

Creepy Doll -- She's not porcelain, but I'm not sure how to show that. Her beady glass eyes used to scare me, but I have otherwise always found this to be the most beautiful in my mom's collection:
1729466681189.png

Rust:
1729466725374.png
Hmm... is that clear enough?

Bats-- on a card from the game Boss Monster:
1729466949433.png

Here are my items for round 1!
IMG_4488.jpeg

Story about the doll for anyone interested: when I was little, my Uncle used to send me a doll or $50 for my birthday every year. His family didn’t have much so anything he sent was a big deal to me. This was the last doll he ever sent me and I was easily 16-18 when he sent it. I don’t have any of the others, and I don’t know what happened to them. He passed in 2007, but I’ll always have this doll. ❤️

IMG_4489.jpeg

Came across this rust randomly today while cleaning and thought, “Oh! That’ll work for my rust!” 😂

IMG_4490.jpeg

I KNEW I hung onto these for a reason! 😂😉

Item 1: “creepy” humanoid doll. I kinda feel bad calling her that ^^; Her body is plush, but the head and limbs are plastic or somethin, hope that’s ok ^^;
IMG_6219.jpeg

Item 2: Rust. This is a super rusty old dog leash clip.
IMG_6220.jpeg

Item 3: Bat/Bat imagery.
IMG_6221.jpeg

I am here for all the creepy beautiful dolls and adorable bats!

@Firesquids Showing you're not here to play by breaking out the reaper! 👀
Since I already posted mine, here’s some extras just for fun!!!! (This was from when I did doll in the hall at work)
IMG_2903.jpeg

IMG_2904.jpeg

IMG_2905.jpeg

IMG_2907.jpeg

IMG_2909.jpeg

IMG_2910.jpeg

THEN one of my coworkers called my kid and had him move all the dolls from my trunk into my car without me knowing!!!!

IMG_3022.jpeg

IMG_3021.jpeg

Back