Spooky Scary Scavenging

Item 1, creepy doll
IMG_8515.jpeg

hopefully this counts, I know its pretty plush but I think I would still consider this as a doll? it also actually has a hard head just covered in fabric, but its a spooky witch! I thought that was fitting

Item 2, rust
IMG_8518.jpeg

Rust on the hinge of a sawhorse

Item 3, bat

IMG_8517.jpeg

Mini bat decor my parents had

I’ve been backing off on this for quite some time, and I think I’m ready to answer my question:

Does the creepy doll HAVE to look creepy? I don’t think I even have any dolls that are creepy enough to submit an entry here, so I ask if they have to have unnerving attributes instead of just cutesy looking.
Since no one has answered my question, I'll just find one that looks creepy enough and submit it.

Last edited:
NVM my post, I didn't notice the first round already ended so my question is probably pointless.

Last edited:
the first round hasn't ended! it doesn't end until tonight (Oct 21st) at 11:59pm EDT!
Lol I was half-asleep when I edited my post, thank you :^)
---
As I was about to ask (not to you Xara), would a big Grogu (Baby Yoda/The Child) doll count as creepy and humanoid for this round, or no?

EDIT: Found something better, but leaving this question up in case people are also wondering. :]

Last edited:
I decided to share one of my decidedly-not-creepy dolls. I have a number to choose from, but limited access to them right now or else I could have shared a group photo including Chucky.

This is Laura. Despite her youthful appearance, she has witnessed the passage of more than 30 years. Her eyes and the set of her mouth reveal the truth of her sorrow. She raises a hand, imploringly, as the world quietly passes her by.

20241021-152118.jpg

Note: Staff entries are just for fun and not eligible for prizes.

This is for Hunt #1! :o
This belongs to my art teacher now. She says her grandmother, who was born in 1923, used to play with it.
IMG_1421.jpeg
Taken at home yesterday. This winter hanger has been out here for over a decade!
IMG_1418.jpeg
Also from yesterday. I went to the library and found an illustrated animal dictionary.
IMG_1419.jpeg

my mum's doll from when she was a kid, perfectly situated in our creepy basement lol
ZvLIxKz.jpeg
my dad has an interest in boilers and steam engines, here's a rusted out firebox he has sitting around for some reason
w9mMZVI.jpeg
I knew I'd find the perfect book for this haha, sometimes working in a public library pays off!
aMaS8Jd.jpeg

🦇 hunt #1 🦇

no doll for me this round, but 2 coins are better than none!

item 2
IMG_2422.jpeg

I took ownership of my grandmother's small silverware collection after she passed. her collection isn't very big, but I still think it's neat! crazy what you learn about someone after they're gone. :')

I have no idea how old these are, but they have... definitely rusted over the years... LOL. I took a pic of their backs since that's where they're the most rusty.

item 3
phonto.jpeg

one of my Tokidoki Unicorno figurines; her name is Trixie! she has 2 bat accessories on her head, but they're on opposite sides, so I could only clearly photograph one. hopefully it's visible and obvious enough that it's a bat lol

Back