• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

Tales From Our Travels

Here’s my hand drawn entry. My apologies that it’s not in color, but I think black and white is a nice touch. And I don’t own colored pencils.

I hope it’s not too difficult to read. The dog is Mac, for anyone wondering.

View attachment 389557

Oh my, those poor souls of cabin 5... no plumbing, no food, and now not allowed to even colour pencils?! :cry:

(I'm just joking and following the flavour trends that were kinda established in the previous Camp Bell thread, I mean no offense to anyone!)

Alright, everyone get in the cool ranch dorito!
1628506710153.png

1628507205713.png

Will edit this with an entry if it's acceptable; I physically am unable to draw. Would taking a photograph of an area near me and editing it into a postcard be allowed? I live by some really pretty woodsy walking paths that remind me a lot of summer camp. ; v;
Hi there! Please do not edit entries into existing posts - this is how they get missed!

Everything needs to be handdrawn by you for this event so you are not able to use a photograph.

Would it be possible to use stuff from nature for example real plants from the forest or is it against the rules 🤔

Yes like different kind of flowers and plants together at the front (real ones no photo) I was dumb and actually spend the morning with searching plants for the postcard and realised later it could be against the rules 😂

Last edited:
I had a few pictures from when I was at a National Park and thought they’d be cool to use, but screenshots are against the rules, even your own.

Would it be possible to use stuff from nature for example real plants from the forest or is it against the rules 🤔
Afraid not! We're only accepting 'flat' drawn elements for this event given the nature of postcards. Thank you for checking! :)
I had a few pictures from when I was at a National Park and thought they’d be cool to use, but screenshots are against the rules, even your own.
Oooh, I'm sure these are beautiful shots! While screenshots/photos are not allowed, using them as inspiration for illustrations is welcome.

I'll be home to review/accept entries later this evening (EDT) - want to give them the attention they deserve! 🙌

Last edited:
Oooh, I'm sure these are beautiful shots! While screenshots/photos are not allowed, using them as inspiration for illustrations is welcome.
Thanks! I’ve definitely been using them as inspiration. I’m sure I’ll be able to use them as inspiration throughout the Camp Bell Tree event, as well!

Hi there! Please do not edit entries into existing posts - this is how they get missed!

Everything needs to be handdrawn by you for this event so you are not able to use a photograph.

Ah, then I guess I can't enter. ; v; Ty anyway.

Guys, don’t put a like on this version, put a like on this one! Or it won’t count.

After one hour, here is mine:
17F2D668-8B4B-4717-ABC2-B8BC6F8E1CF5.jpg
F707D12D-21EC-4527-A3C6-9A13BE284A1A.jpg

I had to edit because I forgot the stamp(left) and the address(right)

You may need to zoom in to read it

Attachments

• 0BC0E115-674B-468B-BE2F-C54DE0F0A0AE.jpg
    0BC0E115-674B-468B-BE2F-C54DE0F0A0AE.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 28
Last edited:
The rules say I can’t use graphics of any kind so I can’t do this :/ I have 0 drawing skill…

Once more I'm convinced that woodsy backgrounds are really hard for me
Since addressing postcard to another human resident is fine, this is addressed to my second player character Lyn with a mention of my third character Silver.
Let's say, it's my main player character taking photos in the camp surroundings... Huh? A weird shadow hiding in the woods? What shadow?
pc1.png

pc2.png

Back