• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

Mafia TBT Mafia: Attack on Titan - [Game Over/Town Wins]

doc should be on me, i thought that was obvious since pregame.

You are entitled to that opinion but that is really not something I can agree with. As a matter of fact, all this talk about you dying on night one makes it seem far less likely to actually happen in reality since it's the most predictable of outcomes, and a scum team that's predictable is easy to take down. Whomever should be healed or not really shouldn't ever be decided during the pregame though, before roles have been handed out.

That said, I understand your frustration from dying early. But remember that Last Wills are included in this game, and even though you express having little faith in people picking up where you left off, I can assure you that I will do my best to take all of your reads into account in case your life would end. (Provided that you flip town, of course)

Tom's playstyle so far reminds me of the Game of Thrones mafia when he was indeed scum. I think he'd make a great target for a detective to check tonight, and I can state that openly since we know there's no framers in the mix. Of course that is not my call to make, though. Just something to consider.

By the way, a question for Minties:
In the role list, there's a Miller named Ymir. Am I right to assume, although this is not directly stated, that it's a SELF-AWARE Miller? I just want to be absolutely sure. Thanks!

This is how a lot of people in this thread look to me right now:

****ing canada and your ****ing maple syrup ass **** why is this **** not available in my ****ing country america has ****ing rights were the cornerstone of ****ing democracy. go eat at tim hortons or something

****ing canada and your ****ing maple syrup ass **** why is this **** not available in my ****ing country america has ****ing rights were the cornerstone of ****ing democracy. go eat at tim hortons or something

tim horton's is actually an american company now

Interested to see why Jacob is still suspicious of me when he backed off of me when i called his case weak, hmmmmm

I don't recall backing off of you ever, maybe I stopped talking about you? Not the same thing
"Still suspicious" of you because all of your posts are still suspicious to me.

I don't recall backing off of you ever, maybe I stopped talking about you? Not the same thing
"Still suspicious" of you because all of your posts are still suspicious to me.
O rlly?
- Once again fairly early in the game, but I played a Micro Game with Call Me Daniel once, much like this game it started out with a lot of spam. Daniel was actually one of the only people who took the game seriously, but then backed off and played along much like he is doing this game. He turned out to be Mafia, so I have my suspicions despite it being early. Call it "meta" or even "gut feeling" if you will, but Daniel is my first early scumlean.
You seem pretty confident to give an early suspcion on me, I don't think an unsure person would do that. But then when I defend it you say
I guess I was just interpreting your posts from that game wrong, because I shot you because I thought you were backing off. I'm still suspicious of you but I'm not gonna lock you in as scum, as I am basing this all off of a Micro game with exception rules. Just keeping you in the back of my head from now on (As I will do with Bingo ;) )

(By backing off I meant: )

I wouldn't say I am confident that Daniel is scum, he is just an early scum lean I have. As always, I am not confident in my reads until at least one person dies, when I can analyze interactions.
That you're not sure about anything. That's backing off to me.

God can you show us at least a little emotion? All your posts sound so directed and fabricated. In your town games you type so differently that I don't really buy a drastic change in meta as "I'm just trying to play better". I'm pretty sure you couldn't cut out any emotions you have like that as town.

I'm confused, why do I need to show emotion?
Why are you guys getting so upset that I'm not showing emotion?

Once again, I am trying to change the way I play as town. Keep on following my meta if you want but I am trying to break it. (As is Meow I bet)

@Jacob
Ok, fair enough
Giving up arguing with Trundle yes, he seems like he thinks he's got it figured out and I doubt there's anything I can say or do that will change his mind atm, so I'd rather not waste the time.

But no I am not scum.
@Ashtot, I don't really have any way to defend myself here because Trundle is using my previous post size and effort levels to pin me as scum, there really is no retaliation for this kind of claim.

The only response I can give in reply is:

- I want to have better and longer posts so I can finally be of use to the better players. In previous games I haven't really helped out as town because apparently my posts "weren't thought out" which I guess is now my meta?
I thought I'd change my playing style so I wouldn't be called "Scummy or just Bad Town" anymore, but I guess that's not really working either

Your third reply actually shows you can retaliate to Trundle's claim, as I remember before the game started you said you wanted to play seriously and your first post in the game (quoted below) show that intention.

What I find weird is, you're giving off the impression that you want to give up trying to change your playstyle because Trundle finds you scummy. If you want to improve your playstyle, can't you try figuring out why Trundle is going after you specifically?

Extremely excited for this game. Haven't watch AoT in many months but I think I remember the gist. Welcome to the new players, excited to be playing with you all.

Expect some game behavior changes from me this game. (Also I have been told to expect some changes with other players like Tardis2016 and Crys ? I will keep that in mind.)
Since you mentioned their names early on, what's your opinion on Tardis and Crys now?

That's true, like did you see your play in BoI as town?

This trundle Vs Jacob scene oddly reminds me of Papers Please mafia.

I don't remember if you've elaborated on this but please link if you do, but if not, mind elaborating?

i bet you're wrong and you suck

why would anyone target you

I recall Dolby pointed out before that when you're scum you tend to insult people and you do that here. And that second reply sounds like role-fishing?

I'm confused, why do I need to show emotion?
Why are you guys getting so upset that I'm not showing emotion?

Once again, I am trying to change the way I play as town. Keep on following my meta if you want but I am trying to break it. (As is Meow I bet)

You're setting a double standard. When you say that you're town here, but you're not following your town meta because you wish to change it. But from what I've seen, you're suspicions on me are based off me following my meta. How am I scum because I apparently followed my scum play for a micro, but you're not because even though you're following the scum meta for your main games, you're just town changing gameplay?

Changing meta and voiding emotion is different. Changing meta would be posting less, more substantial, and well written posts. I've seen players change their meta and still don't sound like robots. Cutting off emotion just seems as if you are not honest and just writing what your teammates are telling you.

- - - Post Merge - - -

@Ayaya, I went off of what I vaguely remembered from Papers Please. Trundle bussed Jacob pretty hard that game, and his bussing started to remind me of this. Now reading back, I misremembered that because I mainly remembered him calling Jacob scum in the video where he ate his hat. That was my bad memory, yikes.

I think the void of emotion is a bad argument. You could use that against tardis saying he's scum every single game because he has little emotion in his posts.

Like I could go total robot, and guess what? I'm still town!

So yeah for me to think someone is *** id like real evidence instead of tone.

its ironic cause even though i've been ****posting i've posted more substance than yourself :lemon: you're so blatant when you're scum, you try to sound superior by patronizing people but in reality your arguments are contradictory, circular, and weak.

OKAY lets look at my last 5 games aka more than half of my total games

BOI- i was scum so i lived to endgame ; )
tarot- N1'd
trump- almost n1'd
ness' minigame- n1'd
xenoblade- n1'd

in xeno i actually tried and had like 3 scum d1, four including you, and did anybody listen to me? nah. i lost faith in letting people "pick up where i left off", because they don't. being constantly killed is frustrating and sucks the fun out of the game for me. i'm not going to justify my playstyle anymore to any of you. i'll play however i want to.
Hey at least I'm not alone with a superiority complex Ms Doc On Me. And of course my arguments in Xenoblade were circular, I didn't want anyone too look terribly closely because I just wanted you lynched so I could get out and win. Hell I'm surprised mafia even let me win considering how I pegged most of them.

And of course few look back, those who did sought to twist your words or were going ignored. It's too easy to sheep and when town doesn't even read the thread (never forget Tae vigshot), mafia is going to have their way. Glad you're all riled up now. :)

also double standards; ate = Mafia, no emotion = Mafia. Like why does one have to speak a certain way to be cleared or not.

Since you mentioned their names early on, what's your opinion on Tardis and Crys now?

Haven't read into them yet but I will go over their posts now. (Not gonna get a lot tho, its still the first half of the first day)

Tardis

Tardis has one of the highest post counts this game like usual, and none of it screams scummy to me.
He keeps posting with that certain security that he needs validation for every suspicion thrown at him. I remember when I thought he was scum last game, he reacted in the same manor.

ie.:
How does my lines sound forced?

How am I doing weird behavior? I'm just playing normal like my last games.

I don't know if he legit doesn't understand or if he wants to know so he can quickly quit what he is doing so he seems less scummy.
Generally Tardis doesn't seem threatening at all.

Another thing that people have brought up with him is his flipping from preferring to be Mafia in the previous thread and preferring to be town in this thread, but I can understand how that could've been easily confused with "I'd rather play as ____ this game."
1. What is your timezone? CDT timezone
2. How do you react under pressure? I'm okay with being under pressure.
3. Do you prefer to play as town or mafia? Town because I like to work alone and find out who is mafia.
4. What are you going to be known to do this game? Lynching scum
5. I will shoot Tae just to see what his role is.

One thing new that I have noticed is his willingness to start the game himself and actually get things moving while everyone else was spamming early this day. I don't think I have seen him do something like this yet so I don't know what to make of it.
So we should lynch Cory D1?
Are we going to use the RQS in this game?

Basically my general 1 day consensus on Tardis is that he is either town or an unthreatening scum.

As for Crys, you know as well as I that she is a wildcard and probably one of the hardest people to read. However someone above posted that normally she takes the game more seriously when she is scum, which I think is true also. But since she posted the other day that she wanted to also play with a new style, I am inclined to believe that if we let her under our radar so quick, it could seriously bite us in the butt.
I admit that I don't have a real read on her, but I'm not sure how much you are expecting of me at day 1

I think the void of emotion is a bad argument. You could use that against tardis saying he's scum every single game because he has little emotion in his posts.

Like I could go total robot, and guess what? I'm still town!

So yeah for me to think someone is *** id like real evidence instead of tone.

I don't think I've ever said that about Tardis, show me where I said that?

Back