• The first day of our new Mushroom Season event has passed, but things are just getting started. Read the update about changes made to the schedule, starting with day two. Be careful foraging and good luck!
  • Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

Mafia TBT Mafia II: Mafia Strike Back [Game Over/Mafia Win]

I'm surprised how many people are voting just going off the last game so far. I mean, shouldn't we ideally come up with these votes as if the previous game never happened? While yeah, there were many great players and observers last time around, we should focus on the now. :/ While I do think many of the listed are good players, I am weary that some of them maybe be mafia this time around and they could pick fellow mafia to fill the Sheriff roles.

I'm surprised how many people are voting just going off the last game so far. I mean, shouldn't we ideally come up with these votes as if the previous game never happened? While yeah, there were many great players and observers last time around, we should focus on the now. :/ While I do think many of the listed are good players, I am weary that some of them maybe be mafia this time around and they could pick fellow mafia to fill the Sheriff roles.

i dont want to base all of it off from the last game but it gives us a good starting point. also SP and kayla have posted some good stuff since the game began so that just gives me more of a reason to vote for them

im afraid of that happening as well tho tbh

i dont want to base all of it off from the last game but it gives us a good starting point. also SP and kayla have posted some good stuff since the game began so that just gives me more of a reason to vote for them

im afraid of that happening as well tho tbh

Yeah it does give us a good starting point and they do post aplenty, but I think Kayla knows a key piece of information that Carlos has stated on the mumble many times so I'm weary of her as well. SP I'm not sure if he knows though, so I feel a tad better than that.

I'll withdraw my vote for now. I think it was a little hasty to make a vote so early on. I'm going to see who I should really vote for.

Yeah it does give us a good starting point and they do post aplenty, but I think Kayla knows a key piece of information that Carlos has stated on the mumble many times so I'm weary of her as well. SP I'm not sure if he knows though, so I feel a tad better than that.

What key piece of information has Carlos stated on the mumble many times?

I'm not sharing it here. :) It could make it substantially harder on the town if I did, though I'm sure its common knowledge to a few veteran players.

I'm completely in the dark here. If it's going to make things harder for town to win then, by all means, do not share it. I'm still curious though, as to what was being said on Mumble.

I'm not sharing it here. :) It could make it substantially harder on the town if I did, though I'm sure its common knowledge to a few veteran players.

i cant really think of anything that would make it harder for the town ? doesnt the town want more info but whatever

I don't get what the piece of information could be though. If you're really sure it's going to affect Town's victory, then I wouldn't risk it. At the same time, I'd really like to know & I'm sure others are going to start questioning it too.

You should just post what you know Tom. What if it's going to help Town in the end? How do you know it's going to affect whether Town wins or not? Give us a little hint at least on what it's about.

I don't get what the piece of information could be though. If you're really sure it's going to affect Town's victory, then I wouldn't risk it. At the same time, I'd really like to know & I'm sure others are going to start questioning it too.

You should just post what you know Tom. What if it's going to help Town in the end? How do you know it's going to affect whether Town wins or not? Give us a little hint at least on what it's about.

If you'd get on mumble I'd consider sharing it, but your lack of activity says I won't be sharing it anyways.

Wow, I'm shocked that people voted for members before they even had the opportunity to post. I see that you're basing it off of the previous game, but like it's stated in the introduction "There are many different ways to approach the game and every game is a very different experience." And I think we could have approached this a much different way. Seeing the early votes make me feel like there's no need to hear from the candidate because they may be involved among the mafia. I think Justin handles himself very well, and would do a great job leading the town, but I'm hoping he'd speak up more and give me a reason to vote for him and give me a reason to gain his trust. But why the need to speak up if people are already blindly following you?

I probably won't be so quick to cast my vote since I would like to hear from everybody who wants the position as mayor. Especially those who were not involved in the previous game: give us your voice, get our attention, give us a speech, or convince us that you will lead our town. I just want something solid and real to go off of from this game. There are too many posts naming members that have yet to even post. I'm sure they will speak up, but how they handle themselves now can be very well different than how they handled themselves the previous game. Power changes people.

I agree, they are many potential candidates but they just aren't speaking up :/ I hope someone steps up to the plate so we can have a good mayor.

You guys should go with the veteran players in preference over me. Last game was my first and if you look back on it you'll see that some of the decisions I made weren't at all the best. Foxwolf64 knows what I'm sayin'.

I'm thinking Justin, gallows or kayla. Don't want to just hop on a bandwagon but they all did pretty well last game. Bear in mind that with the veteran players comes well hidden scummy-ness. Took a 6-0 belting in the irc mafia to learn that from jubs.

I'd like andy to speak up too. Lots of members still to talk but there's a long while to go yet.

Also, those votes in the voting thread are for mayor/sheriff and not lynching hmm?

I better start reading! There have been quite a bit of posts for nearly four days! Just by glancing at some posts I can see that people are voting based off the previous game. As some people said; can't we just pretend the previous game never happened? It's ridiculous that some people are voting others for how they acted in the previous game. Don't you think that they may have a different strategy this time?

- - - Post Merge - - -

Oh, just saw Gandalf's recent posts. Disregard what I said.

I better start reading! There have been quite a bit of posts for nearly four days! Just by glancing at some posts I can see that people are voting based off the previous game. As some people said; can't we just pretend the previous game never happened? It's ridiculous that some people are voting others for how they acted in the previous game. Don't you think that they may have a different strategy this time?

- - - Post Merge - - -

Oh, just saw Gandalf's recent posts. Disregard what I said.
But there were some really good tips in the first game x3

You guys should go with the veteran players in preference over me. Last game was my first and if you look back on it you'll see that some of the decisions I made weren't at all the best. Foxwolf64 knows what I'm sayin'.

I'm thinking Justin, gallows or kayla. Don't want to just hop on a bandwagon but they all did pretty well last game. Bear in mind that with the veteran players comes well hidden scummy-ness. Took a 6-0 belting in the irc mafia to learn that from jubs.

I'd like andy to speak up too. Lots of members still to talk but there's a long while to go yet.

Also, those votes in the voting thread are for mayor/sheriff and not lynching hmm?

I was about to say it's probably a lot of people's first game, but I know Jubs has done this before.

If I'm reading the first post right, that's correct.

Yeah that's where I was going with it.

On that thought, River is also a fairly experienced mafia player. She may just be getting a bad wrap considering we have only seen her as a Mafiosa thus far.

Well I'm definitely willing to look at other options after seeing the bandwagons. It happened so fast too? I don't see any new player standing up & saying they'd like to take on Mayor / Sheriff. For fear of being accused as a part of mafia or something. Pre-game someone called it out too .. I forgot who posted but they said " we need to pay attention to those who actually want to be mayor and make a case for themselves " something along those lines. That probably scared off people from wanting to speak up (aimed at the newbies not posting). =P

I still think those players (that were listed) are a better choice, for sure. What are the chances all 6 suggested names are mafia? It's just a matter of making the right choice & hitting a green/blue player(s) amongst them. A lot of us are agreeing that those names are the best candidates for mayor at the moment. We really have nothing else to go on. That's why those names keep getting discussed .. there's really nothing else to go on because no one else is stepping up. So people keep referring to the older game, to start the conversation somehow.

I honestly don't blame the newbies from not posting, everything can get you accused to be a player on the mafia team. Playing it safe. =P

- - - Post Merge - - -

#Tom4Mayor

Well I'm definitely willing to look at other options after seeing the bandwagons. It happened so fast too? I don't see any new player standing up & saying they'd like to take on Mayor / Sheriff. For fear of being accused as a part of mafia or something. Pre-game someone called it out too .. I forgot who posted but they said " we need to pay attention to those who actually want to be mayor and make a case for themselves " something along those lines. That probably scared off people from wanting to speak up (aimed at the newbies not posting). =P

I still think those players (that were listed) are a better choice, for sure. What are the chances all 6 suggested names are mafia? It's just a matter of making the right choice & hitting a green/blue player(s) amongst them. A lot of us are agreeing that those names are the best candidates for mayor at the moment. We really have nothing else to go on. That's why those names keep getting discussed .. there's really nothing else to go on because no one else is stepping up. So people keep referring to the older game, to start the conversation somehow.

I honestly don't blame the newbies from not posting, everything can get you accused to be a player on the mafia team. Playing it safe. =P

Why not elect a veteran for mayor and then vote in a new player (like myself *coughmodestcough*) for Sheriff?

Back