• Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

Mafia TBT Mafia III: The Murder Before Christmas [Game Over/Town Win]

Do you guys think you will set it so players have a different role than the previous game?

Will there be ponies? If so, which ones and what will they be doing?

Do you guys think you will set it so players have a different role than the previous game?

If they set it so that they got a different role then the previous game, then that's seven suspects(at maximum) eliminated from the mafia watch list

If they set it so that they got a different role then the previous game, then that's seven suspects(at maximum) eliminated from the mafia watch list

I meant for the ones that didn't have a chance to play a role in the mafia/town section before.
Ex: Say you always played in town but never mafia, and vice versa.

Last edited:
No guarantees but we will try to change some roles up.

Will there be ponies? If so, which ones and what will they be doing?
Your role is now pony.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Yes, because only the Bus Driver will know if a switch took place. So the Detectives will see the role of the person who got switched, with the name of the person who they wanted to inspect.

iLoveYou = Townie
Tom = Mafia Goon

Let's say the Detective wanted to inspect iLoveYou but the Bus Driver switched Tom with iLoveYou, then the Detective will inspect Tom without knowing it and it will show iLoveYou as a Mafia Goon (Tom's role) instead of what she really is.

Who said I'd be the scum in the Day Post?!

Will a Vig and Mafioso still trade hits like they did last game? (Vig X targets Mafioso Y, Y also targets X, both die)?

I'll play! I just won't be really active till the weekend. :D

Updated the list. If you're unfamiliar with the game, please check out the previous two threads linked here and here. Wednesday at 7 PM EST is IRC Mafia night, a quick and simpler version of this and can help you get a feel for things (for example some folks have tells).

Isn't it a bit tough to enforce the minimum post rule? What if being quiet is part of one's strategy? Also, do you think this will encourage posting or cause more modkills?

Last edited:
Will the effect of the bus driver last one night, or until a bus driver happens to switch them again?

Back