• Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

Mafia TBT Mafia XV: The Siren's Call (Game Over/Mafia & Third Party Win!)

Making a claim doesn't solve anything. You just put a town power role into the line of fire if what you're saying is true. I don't care how pressured you were feeling. This was a really bad idea and you're probably going to die either way.

Well if he's to die either way, should he claim his role name?

You guys are urging me to do this.

i'm a Town Roleblocker! I roleblocked ]KarlaKGB] so i think i roleblocked scum because there was only 1 kill.

I was only urging you regarding detective because if you were you actually had the power to out (and were also in danger of getting killed tonight because you seemed like one). You should have just said 'no' in response to me but w/e.

- - - Post Merge - - -

out inspection results*

Hi. Yeah I wanted to post something sooner, but Comcast is a **** so my internet's been in and out for the majority of the day. Not feeling like typing up posts on my phone at all today as I'm sure anyone who's been in the IRC at all today can vouch for (to be honest I'd rather be sleeping, something I haven't been doing much of).

Been reviewing the thread to try and churn something out, but to be honest I'm not getting much in the way of early games leads, gut feelings or noticing anything that appears to be a slip up to me. Things that stood out to me the most was Sataric v Oath about the possibility of an Arsonist type role and then Lauren v KarlaKGB over posting. Not going to beat the Arsonist discussion to death again, pretty sure Dad and a few others covered that well enough but not enough to actually sell me on the idea that Oath2order is third party or mafia. Lauren and Karla though... I dunno, despite just wanted to skip through those pages like nobody's business, I do find it interesting how both reacted. Lauren seemed insulted Karla wasn't posting the big walls of text that he's been known for as town usually, Karla seemed insulted that he's required to make large post walls. I'd keep an eye on both, as if I remember correctly when Karla didn't at least post some big post or the posts weren't that informative/helpful he usually flipped scum.

As for Ryan I'm not expecting much. Still interested in knowing what's so important about Karla that he FEELS the need to claim (willing to bet 10 TBT Bells its over nothing), but whatever.

- - - Post Merge - - -

oh that's what i get for delaying posting a finished post rip

Hi. Yeah I wanted to post something sooner, but Comcast is a **** so my internet's been in and out for the majority of the day. Not feeling like typing up posts on my phone at all today as I'm sure anyone who's been in the IRC at all today can vouch for (to be honest I'd rather be sleeping, something I haven't been doing much of).

Been reviewing the thread to try and churn something out, but to be honest I'm not getting much in the way of early games leads, gut feelings or noticing anything that appears to be a slip up to me. Things that stood out to me the most was Sataric v Oath about the possibility of an Arsonist type role and then Lauren v KarlaKGB over posting. Not going to beat the Arsonist discussion to death again, pretty sure Dad and a few others covered that well enough but not enough to actually sell me on the idea that Oath2order is third party or mafia. Lauren and Karla though... I dunno, despite just wanted to skip through those pages like nobody's business, I do find it interesting how both reacted. Lauren seemed insulted Karla wasn't posting the big walls of text that he's been known for as town usually, Karla seemed insulted that he's required to make large post walls. I'd keep an eye on both, as if I remember correctly when Karla didn't at least post some big post or the posts weren't that informative/helpful he usually flipped scum.

As for Ryan I'm not expecting much. Still interested in knowing what's so important about Karla that he FEELS the need to claim (willing to bet 10 TBT Bells its over nothing), but whatever.

- - - Post Merge - - -

oh that's what i get for delaying posting a finished post rip
you owe Ryan 10 TBT bells

Also it's really annoying and he shouldn't have put himself on the line like that, but I don't think Ryan outing his role and who he roleblocked should be disregarded. It's nowhere near as telling as an inspection, but like he said there was only one kill and KarlaKGB was roleblocked. A little detail to keep in mind imo. And Ryan has never lied in any of his claims in past games and just tends to...claim honestly all the time. That's why I think he's being honest.

Tbh I've never played with Karla is this his usual play style? Idk when Oath is scum and someone points it out he usually is more mad and sassy (see xcom mafia)

you owe Ryan 10 TBT bells

He ain't getting it

Still even if he blocked KarlaKGB who could flip Mafia/Third Party, that would imply at least two KP. Secondly, how do we know this isn't an attempt to look town? Pretty much everyone who's played a game with Ryan before knows how he likes to roleclaim without reason, but for them to not claim at the start was off putting enough to consider them a lynch candidate. Not trying to discredit the possibility Karla isn't town, but we can't exactly just take Ryan at face value.

Tbh I've never played with Karla is this his usual play style? Idk when Oath is scum and someone points it out he usually is more mad and sassy (see xcom mafia)

The one game where I remember Karla in particular as scum was in Animal Crossing mafia. He was quiet, would come forward with a big case, and then back off to let us fight it out.

we can't exactly just take Ryan at face value.

tbh we should, everything about Ryan tends to be at face value when he plays.

- - - Post Merge - - -

I'm interested in whether or not Karla will confirm or deny Ryan's roleblock on him.

tbh we should, everything about Ryan tends to be at face value when he plays.

- - - Post Merge - - -

I'm interested in whether or not Karla will confirm or deny Ryan's roleblock on him.

It's currently 3am for Karla we might be waiting a while

We have a little under a whole day left thanks to 48 hour days. *shrug*

I'm a bit suspicious of what Ryan said because he only said a general role and not a role name, and as far as I know all roles have specific names.

That being said Ryan DO NOT tell us your specific name in case you really are town, but yeah. It could be an easy mafia fake claim too. But then again, the KP would make more sense if you are telling the truth.

You guys are urging me to do this.

i'm a Town Roleblocker! I roleblocked ]KarlaKGB] so i think i roleblocked scum because there was only 1 kill.

Oh. Well that's certainly interesting... I'd like to see what Karla has to say. I'll be wondering about Ryan's claim. If Ryan claims to be a roleblocker, is it possible that he could be a mafia aligned roleblocker, not blue? Because we were talking earlier on in the day about the possibility of there being a town roleblocker, and I feel like that is something mafia could use to their advantage by having a mafia roleblocker (if there even is one) claim to be a town-aligned blocker. And unlike Dad, I can see Ryan88 being told (or greatly influenced) about what to say or do by a smarter player. But I might be reading into his claim too much, because like Dad said, he has been truthful so far with all his claims.

However, the way Karla replies to this will influence my opinion.

I'm a bit suspicious of what Ryan said because he only said a general role and not a role name, and as far as I know all roles have specific names.

That being said Ryan DO NOT tell us your specific name in case you really are town, but yeah. It could be an easy mafia fake claim too. But then again, the KP would make more sense if you are telling the truth.

You're sus of Ryan for not giving the full name but you're telling him not to give the full name because you think he could be softclaiming? I don't get it. He wouldn't be able to if he really was softclaiming (unless he comes up with something silly, which we could just analyze against our own PMs and Tina's writing style), and if he wasn't then it's not going to change much for him since the damage is already done.

Back