• Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

Mafia TBT Mafia XV: The Siren's Call (Game Over/Mafia & Third Party Win!)

I honestly don't feel minties is mafia, I personally have a strong feeling for Alise, her play style niggles[\b] me. She says one thing but doesn't do it. She makes no effort to actually help us find scum. I just don't like it.

- - - Post Merge - - -

This above post really irks me. I am now strongly feeling Yui-Z is mafia. Funny how she didn't comment on the whole Minties situation right now, which is essentially our main topic for lynch today. All your above opinions are just wishy washy opinions where you try to appear town by sympathizing with mainstream, yet dull opinions, which is essentially how I usually play as scum.

Yui, like I said is slippery, she is another im keeping a close eye on. She's good at deceiving, you could be on to something here, trundle.

I ****ed up my bold tag, feck.

I'm not getting a scumread from Yui. Her level of contribution has been on par to games where she is town. What I noted is that she is very aggressive as mafia, actively pushing people for lynch.

See her filter from MMXI: http://www.belltreeforums.com/searc...d=194663&contenttype=vBForum_Post&showposts=1

At this stage, I believe Jeremy to be the scummiest player. He's spent the game either ironing out the details about roleblocking kills, making up cases against me with bogus points, or expressing his disagreement to just about every plan that we come up with.

What I haven't seen is him making a solid case against anyone that he sticks to. He even admitted that his flimsy case against me was moderate suspicion and the best that he could do. Look at his filter and think to yourself, is this someone who is trying to move things forward.

This above post really irks me. I am now strongly feeling Yui-Z is mafia. Funny how she didn't comment on the whole Minties situation right now, which is essentially our main topic for lynch today. All your above opinions are just wishy washy opinions where you try to appear town by sympathizing with mainstream, yet dull opinions, which is essentially how I usually play as scum.

Oh yeah? Well, breaking news, I'm not you. :) If you think my opinions are dull, then that's fine by me but at least I'm offering them out there.

I can't seem to win really. You want my opinion on Minties? I don't think she's scum. She's one of the people near the back of the line of people I think are mafia. I can see she's making an effort to contribute with her busy lifestyle. I hadn't even gotten to the "Minties situation" before because I'm still searching post filters of people who I actually believe to be mafia.

I feel like I can't defend myself because the post I'm defending myself against is too vague. When did 'wishy washy' even become a thing? Karla used it once in his case on Natty, and all of a sudden I see lots of people using it.

#Karla4BestTrendsetter2014

It's a secret of how many we have. You will never know lel.

I honestly don't feel minties is mafia, I personally have a strong feeling for Alise, her play style niggles[\b] me. She says one thing but doesn't do it. She makes no effort to actually help us find scum. I just don't like it.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Yui, like I said is slippery, she is another im keeping a close eye on. She's good at deceiving, you could be on to something here, trundle.

I ****ed up my bold tag, feck.

niggles offends me

I'm actually trying, like, I finally got to finish my Sataric thing, but most of it I doon't really have confidence in. Like Karen said, people overshadow posts. {im a world class procrastinator if u didnt know.} I also have limited time on this computer so it takes a liitle longer. :(

I'm not getting a scumread from Yui. Her level of contribution has been on par to games where she is town. What I noted is that she is very aggressive as mafia, actively pushing people for lynch.

See her filter from MMXI: http://www.belltreeforums.com/searc...d=194663&contenttype=vBForum_Post&showposts=1

At this stage, I believe Jeremy to be the scummiest player. He's spent the game either ironing out the details about roleblocking kills, making up cases against me with bogus points, or expressing his disagreement to just about every plan that we come up with.

What I haven't seen is him making a solid case against anyone that he sticks to. He even admitted that his flimsy case against me was moderate suspicion and the best that he could do. Look at his filter and think to yourself, is this someone who is trying to move things forward.

Disagreement isn't scummy. I'm trying to lead town down the best path to win the game. And of course that post was the best I could do on day 1. It wasn't any more lacking than your post against Natty. My comments about the thieves were not an attempt to move the game forward, rather it was an attempt to prevent the game from moving backwards. Apparently the vig agreed with me too. I think you're still paranoid over even a weak case I made against you way back in the beginning of the game. Also, you seemed to have mixed up your facts. I rarely mentioned the roleblock, so you must be thinking of someone else.

Please go on and tell me how I normally play as town, because I'd really like to make sense of it for myself. I've stated many times that my playstyle revolves around how I'm feeling at the time, whether I'm town or scum. I'll admit I've done pretty crappy this game.

It's one of the reasons I don't place my own suspicions on people only for playing differently to another game. People change, and I'm not as predictable as people might think I am.

I don't think you are predictable at all. Far from it. You're clever and slippery and difficult to read. And this applies to the current game very much as well. I found you scummy at first, then when you started to write more posts I found that I agreed with much of what you were saying, and I suddenly felt you were way less suspicious again.

But the truth is that you're just popping in and telling people what they want to hear this game. You're sort of just floating by. There has not been a terrible amount of original ideas coming from you, and that bothers me. You played similarly to this in the Apocalypse/Super Natural Mafia. I mean, if you were town, wouldn't you try a little bit harder to find scum? I just feel that you're normally better than this.

But there is one thing that really speaks in your favour: Ashtot, Karen, and Jeremy are all on my radar as well. (Though I feel that Ashtot and Karen are both stepping up their game a bit now) - Not so much Karla; I think he's town. And I think that both Tom and Alise are very shady. So we have similar scum reads. And you suspect me meanwhile I suspect you.

But there is one thing that really speaks in your favour: Ashtot, Karen, and Jeremy are all on my radar as well. (Though I feel that Ashtot and Karen are both stepping up their game a bit now) - Not so much Karla; I think he's town. And I think that both Tom and Alise are very shady. So we have similar scum reads. And you suspect me meanwhile I suspect you.

You STILL never answered my question! What 'shady things' have I done?

I don't think you are predictable at all. Far from it. You're clever and slippery and difficult to read. And this applies to the current game very much as well. I found you scummy at first, then when you started to write more posts I found that I agreed with much of what you were saying, and I suddenly felt you were way less suspicious again.

But the truth is that you're just popping in and telling people what they want to hear this game. You're sort of just floating by. There has not been a terrible amount of original ideas coming from you, and that bothers me. You played similarly to this in the Apocalypse/Super Natural Mafia. I mean, if you were town, wouldn't you try a little bit harder to find scum? I just feel that you're normally better than this.

Why not Jello? Both Karen and Jello stick out to me as not contributing very much to town's overall goal. Karen claims she is, but her posts are simple observations.

alise isn't active, so I have no "scumreads" on her, but we can't let inactives slip by. I'm curious to know how everyone else wants to deal with her.

Fourthly, Alice seemed overly anti-Dad. Then when he died, she kind of just brushed it off. I'd be interested to hear more from Alice or what everyone else thinks about how's she's playing this game.

Disagreement isn't scummy. I'm trying to lead town down the best path to win the game. And of course that post was the best I could do on day 1. It wasn't any more lacking than your post against Natty. My comments about the thieves were not an attempt to move the game forward, rather it was an attempt to prevent the game from moving backwards. Apparently the vig agreed with me too. I think you're still paranoid over even a weak case I made against you way back in the beginning of the game. Also, you seemed to have mixed up your facts. I rarely mentioned the roleblock, so you must be thinking of someone else.
Disagreement is scummy if that's all you do.

Do role blocks in this game block kills?

What's a factional kill? A mafia or cult kill (excluding vig and sk)?

Well since it's apparently up for interpretation:

What is the definition of a factional kill for this game?

Your excuse that it was the best you could do on day 1 only holds while it's day 1. It's now day 3, what have you been doing? I'm "still paranoid" over the weak case you made against me because I'm struggling to believe that's the best you can do at this stage of the game. You argue that you were trying to prevent the game from moving backwards. You were seriously wavering towards towards the end of the day. And besides, you shouldn't be simply trying to prevent the game moving backwards, you should be actively trying to move it forwards. If you think shooting the thieves is such a bad idea you wouldn't have spent all of your posts yesterday talking about them. You would be building a case on people you actually thought were scummy. Which brings me full circle again - what have you been doing?

You STILL never answered my question! What 'shady things' have I done?

Let's make a list then, just from the top of my head, shall we..

1. Claims to not have much time to post, and to not have access to a computer much, yet you're very active in the Nub Mafia game. Obviously a flat-out lie.

2. You never really take a stance on ANYTHING. Someone's suspicious to you one day, when everyone else also finds them suspicious. But as soon as someone questions you, you're suddenly "uncertain" and have no "confidence in it".

3. Whenever possible, you're playing it safe, and avoids all confrontations that puts you on the spot with excuses. You didn't even vote Day 2, because you knew Crystal would reach majority anyways.

4. You don't appear to be suspicious of many of the people that I find suspicious. I think that may be because they are on your scum team.

5. You sit idle for the first half of the game - Then, after encouragement from people playing (and from your scum team, I reckon) and many of us finding you suspicious, you finally start making a couple of posts but they're completely lacking content.

6. Your first REAL and solid contribution to the thread overall is a case against me that's quite baseless. You're analyzing a post of mine that's friggin' ancient, just after Natty has claimed. Then you point out that I listed several people as possible scum OR third party/mermaid. And you even edit half of my post! Such as the fact that I was right about Trundle. Just to make yourself look better, and to make me look worse.

7. Of course it was unfortunate that Ryan roleclaimed openly if he was Town, when Tina confirmed that the factional kills could not be blocked anyways. He basically outed himself for very little gain. And at the time of posting that, I really thought he would be dead by now for it. I was upset that town would lose a power role.

I'm sure I can think of more things if you give me some time. But I think this list is quite substantial as it is.

Why not Jello? Both Karen and Jello stick out to me as not contributing very much to town's overall goal. Karen claims she is, but her posts are simple observations.

alise isn't active, so I have no "scumreads" on her, but we can't let inactives slip by. I'm curious to know how everyone else wants to deal with her.

Fourthly, Alice seemed overly anti-Dad. Then when he died, she kind of just brushed it off. I'd be interested to hear more from Alice or what everyone else thinks about how's she's playing this game.

Alice - Like I said in my, 'fluff', post, Alice's style is quiet as town, and shes very vocal as scum. You can easily go back to older mafia games and see how she plays as scum.

Aren't all posts literally observations at the end of the day? At least I've done more than you the past day.

The way you categorized the players is weird. Jello should the the inactive one and following your standards, alise the person "not contributing to town's goals". She's contributed more than you the past day too.

Why not Jello?

You know what, you're right - I almost forget that Jello is even playing from time to time. They definitely win the grand prize for most inactive player this round so far. They could definitely be scum. I think their scum team would be fine with them not posting so much since nobody's really put the hammer down on them with full force yet, and they're sliding by just fine. Truth is that there's just too many scummy people left in this game. I don't know who to trust, and I am starting to feel rather desperate at this point. If we don't do something soon, we're screwed.

There's 18 players remaining. If the Thieves claims are true, then 5 are Mafia and 3 are third party. That means only 10 are town. We lose one more town player today, and then Mafia kills one at night, and we'll be looking at 8 vs 8. Then all the thieves need to do is ally themselves with Mafia and the game is more or less lost. We have to step things up RIGHT NOW - We cannot afford to wait.

Disagreement is scummy if that's all you do.

Your excuse that it was the best you could do on day 1 only holds while it's day 1. It's now day 3, what have you been doing? I'm "still paranoid" over the weak case you made against me because I'm struggling to believe that's the best you can do at this stage of the game. You argue that you were trying to prevent the game from moving backwards. You were seriously wavering towards towards the end of the day. And besides, you shouldn't be simply trying to prevent the game moving backwards, you should be actively trying to move it forwards. If you think shooting the thieves is such a bad idea you wouldn't have spent all of your posts yesterday talking about them. You would be building a case on people you actually thought were scummy. Which brings me full circle again - what have you been doing?

I thought you were referring to ryan's claim to roleblock you. I was merely asking for a clarification of the rules. This argument doesn't make sense from your perspective. You're proposing that you are town and I am scum, therefore we would be on opposing teams. So why would I be trying to clear your name by discrediting the role block claim against you? And don't tell me I'm not trying to move the game forward just because I don't agree with you on killing third party roles.

1. Claims to not have much time to post, and to not have access to a computer much, yet you're very active in the Nub Mafia game. Obviously a flat-out lie.
LOL, like I said, I'm ALWAYS QUIT DAY 1 / NIGHT 1, oh look, it's night 1, in nub mafia. I'm going to take my word for it and say I'm always quiet around those cycles. :lemon: I'm always quiet in general, anyways. I'm not very active in nub.
2. You never really take a stance on ANYTHING. Someone's suspicious to you one day, when everyone else also finds them suspicious. But as soon as someone questions you, you're suddenly "uncertain" and have no "confidence in it".
When did someone question me? Also, yes, that is true. I don't have confidence in my posts, not rly anymore. lel.
3. Whenever possible, you're playing it safe, and avoids all confrontations that puts you on the spot with excuses. You didn't even vote Day 2, because you knew Crystal would reach majority anyways.
Are you serious? I didn't vote because I WASN'T HOME! I literally said that, right in the thread, omfg I'll even quote it, now YOUR making ME look bad!
4. You don't appear to be suspicious of many of the people that I find suspicious. I think that may be because they are on your scum team.
Ah yes, I'm supposed to find the people YOU think are suspicions. Who said I wasn't suspicious of anyone? Even IF I did share my suspicions, people would just say I'm just piggybacking on other people. ?\_(ツ)_/?
5. You sit idle for the first half of the game - Then, after encouragement from people playing (and from your scum team, I reckon) and many of us finding you suspicious, you finally start making a couple of posts but they're completely lacking content.
I've explained numerous times that I'M ALWAYS QUIET D1/N1.
6. Your first REAL and solid contribution to the thread overall is a case against me that's quite baseless. You're analyzing a post of mine that's friggin' ancient, just after Natty has claimed. Then you point out that I listed several people as possible scum OR third party/mermaid. And you even edit half of my post! Such as the fact that I was right about Trundle. Just to make yourself look better, and to make me look worse.
I literally said, "I'm going to snip out the parts I don't need, so the post is smaller." This just makes me look rude! I'd never do that to make myself look better.

7. Of course it was unfortunate that Ryan roleclaimed openly if he was Town, when Tina confirmed that the factional kills could not be blocked anyways. He basically outed himself for very little gain. And at the time of posting that, I really thought he would be dead by now for it. I was upset that town would lose a power role.
Thanks for clearing that up.

You know what I just realized? My Majora's Mask Mafia post was AFTER the game had ended. It was considerably more aggressive than the bird mafia one, so you're making a case on me based on a single post?

I contributed a ton when it was the weekend. It's now Tuesday in Australia. I work full time and don't have the luxury of sitting on my ass on the forums for hours like many people do. I literally work Sun - Thurs 9AM - 5PM currently. You're all sleeping by the time I even leave the building. Who am I supposed to debate with? Myself? I posted suspicions, but you guys have just skimmed them or ignored them all together.

You guys have continued to harp on me for posting less aggressively (when my previous playstyle made people WANT TO NOT PLAY). This is the exact ****ing thing we all did to Karla at the beginning of the game and now he's cleared? Tom, you're trying to pull a case on me out of your ass. Can everyone just take TWO SECONDS of their time and just take one damn look at my posts from Sunleth (one of my recent games) where I was the Godfather?

I posted literally nothing on anyone. All of my posts were short and lacking in content.

CLICK HERE FOR THE FILTER OF ALL MY POSTS

I've been spending hours putting together posts for this game BECAUSE I'M ****ING TOWN. I haven't tried so hard in a game in a while now, most of my postings in previous games have been short. That's why I'm confused as to why you and Ashtot think me posting longer posts is scummy? Have you not been around for the past few months that I've been back? I've been trying to change my playstyle to not be so aggressive and angry because it definitely didn't help new players learn mafia by jumping down their throats. Yeah it pisses me off that you guys are putting me up for lynch based on the same thing you excused Karla for.

It's seriously ironic that Tom is putting me up for lynch when his behavioral change from being a strong player to playing like **** and lurking is far more significant to me. Honestly I wouldn't be surprised if Ashtot and Tom were scum buddies trying to push someone vocal out of the game (because mostly everyone else is silent anyways or just bandwagons).

Also @Ashtot, you win the award for the most hypocritical post of the whole game!

Click here for Ashtot's Filter

Note the majority of one liners, questions and stating blatantly obvious things. "Town is screwed" "I'm not good at no PM games" "Dude I'm totally town" You haven't contributed ANYTHING. All you have been doing is backpacking on Tom or Trundle or Karla without contributing a single original thought of you own. Don't you dare tell me for a second that you've done more than I have. I'm at least trying while you sit there and spew out one liners and other bs.

You wanted pissed off Minties back? Here you go.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Also, where the **** is Alice during all of this?

Minties this whole post is you misunderstanding my posts, and calling me a hypocrite when I never mentioned anywhere that I was some big help to Town. You're really just writing up useless crap.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Also I have contributed at least 3 times so, #rekt.

I think that Karen is scum. She seems to be mainly saying things already said. She is also trying to get me lynched, this makes me think that she is trying to get rid of easy town.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Yeah well the fact that we haven't hit scum so far means that we're doing something wrong. Hypothetical scum team jello, Cariad, yui, Dolby, Alice/alise gg
But yes I understand what you're getting at. There's the thief problem too.

Btw Tom, are you going to reveal the Kallie thing or waiting for Sataric to say it?

The part in bold is her scum team. All people who have previously been suggested and are players who are more likely to defend themselves worse. This just makes me think that she just want to lynch anyone. If she was mafia, I would think that she would include one of her team in there to so we 'disregard' them. I think I may be going too far with this.

Back