Chinese Dragon Body
Chinese Dragon Body
Chinese Dragon Tail
Oarfish Head
Oarfish Body
Oarfish Body
Oarfish Body
Oarfish Tail
We're going to start a starter tournament in honour of TBT's 20th Anniversary!

For this event we will begin by splitting the tourney into three individual rounds. Each starter of their type will compete against each other. Each vote will go to the starter's final evolution. The winners of each round will face off against each other in the fourth and final round of TBT's Favourite Starter!

Edit Note: If you only like a pre-evolution and not any of the final evolutions, you still vote for the final evolution. For example:
You only like Bulbasaur --> Vote for Venusaur.

This round is for the Grass type starters.
Here are the contenders:

Venusaur
1723384802397.png

Meganium
1723384900000.png

Sceptile

1723384931378.png

Torterra
1723384971460.png

Serperior
1723385010184.png

Chesnaught
1723385044552.png

Decidueye
1723385088953.png

Rillaboom
1723385142447.png

Meowscarada
1723385226898.png

Last edited:
It was hard to pick between Decidueye and Sceptile… like, SUPER hard. I think Sceptile is slightly better.

i love meganium's design the most BUT the one that has a special place in my heart is torterra 🥹 torterra was the first pokemon i ever levelled up to level 100 both because i love him lots & was curious whether there was a level X (my friend said there was but now i know theyre wrong!!!)

I don't usually like starters final stage but Meganium is cute.

oh wow I didn't think this many people would like Meganium, I thought I was going to be the only one. I love our plant dinosaur, its super cute!

My favorite happens to be Serperior due to how it can make use out of the ability Contrary better than all the other Pokemon who have the same ability.
And because of this, it can make use out of the sub-par stellar tera type by using a boosted 100 base power Tera Blast to raise your Attack And Special attack by 1 thanks to Contrary (Which normally lowers your attacking stats on normal conditions)
But because it's more valuable to tera your Pokémon defensively by either being the popular Fairy, Water, Steel, or using types to prevent certain status inflicts such as Grass to avoid Spore, Fire to avoid getting burned etc, Serperior is better off using Tera Fire or Dragon to make use of Tera Blast Fire or it's Dragon Pulse move.

Overall, Serperior is great. I mean, Gen 5 is easily my favorite gen.

But I swear if you like Rillaboom just to spam Grassy Glide, something is wrong with you.

Just a reminder, I will close the poll before starting the Fire starter round in a few days. You can probably guess when that poll will come out next so be sure to vote while you can!

Sceptile is my pick, I chose him in my Alpha Sapphire play through and he's pretty cool.

This is super funnn. I know I’ll be in the minority but I voted Chesnaught.

I loved Chespin ever since it was announced and whilst I wish it was better I do still love Chesnaught

This is a fun idea :D. This is tough. I went with Meowscarada 🙂; Decidueye is growing on me a lot and I love Venusaur too.

Even though I'm biased towards gen 4, I absolutely had to go with Serperior... the Snivy line has grown on me a lot in my playthroughs of B2/W2, and is super useful against the final gym. Not to mention Serperior's design is amazing and it's a... snek. 😉

While I wasn’t big on it at first Meowscarada has really grown on me so I had to go with it. Serperior is a very close second however.

Let's see how its going...Meganium winning so far is actually pretty predictable tbh. Rillaboom not getting any is pretty based tho.

I don't usually like starters final stage but Meganium is cute.
If you have a pre-evolution that you prefer over the final evolutions you still vote for the final evolutions. For example, if you only like Chikorita and dislike all of the final evolutions, your vote would still go to Meganium because its the final evolution in the evolutionary line.

I honestly like a lot of them but if I had to narrow it down to two, It would be between Torterra and Decidueye. I went with Decidueye on the pill though since I usually go with piplup in gen 4 games, but they’re really close.

I just realised that I don't like final evolutions of the grass starters very much. Most of them are fine but I don't love any of them. First forms would be a completely different story.

I just realised that I don't like final evolutions of the grass starters very much. Most of them are fine but I don't love any of them. First forms would be a completely different story.
I will add a note in the op for this, but yes if you only like a pre-evolution and not any of the final evolutions you vote for the pre-evolution's final evolution. This was done so I don't have to make too many poll options and also include special forms like Megas and regional forms.

Back