Pokémon TBT's Favourite Starter Tourney: Blue Water Version💧

Which Water Starter is your favourite?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
This is a hard one but I voted for Swampert, overall I've mostly picked the water starters in the game but gen 3 was the first time I did pick the water one and it's also my favourite game so I have a soft spot for them.

Very close seconds would be Emopleon, Samurott and Primarina as well as Totodile when it comes to the initial stages.

The poll is now closed and the votes are in!

And the winner is….

🎉🧜‍♂️🎉 Primarina! 🎉🧜‍♀️🎉

1724346955871.png

Congratuations to the only non-Johto starter to make it to the finals! Look forward to the final round of the tourney that will start later today!

Thank you for all that have voted!

Rip I missed this poll because traveling. I was waiting for it too! I would’ve picked Blastoise. My OG starter. 💖

Oh no I took too long to vote oh well lol 😅 well, my vote would have easily gone to Samurott. I love its hidden ability Shell Armor and I just simply adore Oshawott with every fiber of my being 💙💙💙 close contenders were Blastoise who is just overall a beast, Empoleon since it has one of the best dual typings in Water/Steel, and Greninja since I think frogs are cool.

I really just never use Feraligatr even though I don't think it's bad in the slightest, and I really like Totodile and Croconaw. It's just that the other two Gen 2 starters always call out to me more. Swampert I've definitely used and I think it's great (but I'm not that crazy about its Mega, lol)

Inteleon is the worst designed final stage water starter of all time imo it's an insult to my love of lizard-based Pokémon, but hey we were going to get a stinker at some point. It completes my unholy Triforce trifecta of most hated starters of each type: Cinderace for fire, Meowscarada for grass and Inteleon for water.

And Quaquaval unfortunately doesn't get a pass from me. I do like its movements in battle and its typing, but I just can't get behind that overall design. I can at least say that I don't quite hate it as much as Inteleon. It doesn't look as huggable and squeaky clean as Quaxly, but it also isn't as horrendous as Quaxwell.

Good on Primarina for winning! I think it's pretty great. The Water/Fairy typing is powerful.

I absolutely love the Oshawott line. Cute Sea otter to cute and cool sea otter to badass sea lion. So many people seem to hate Samurott but I honestly love the design. Funny thing, I didn't even know about that sword until it's animation in the 3D app. Imagine my surprise. It's the cherry on top for me~

People rip on it's Hisuian form because it's not as redone as the other two starter designs but I like it. Dark type is my favorite type so I like the added dark type and how it's based on a rōnin. It also ended up being really good competitively. Sharpness + Ceaseless Edge is insane.

Back