Yellow Candy
Yellow Candy
Corrupted Rainbow Candy
Corrupted Rainbow Candy
Corrupted Rainbow Candy
Corrupted Rainbow Candy
Corrupted Rainbow Candy
TBT's Favourite Starter Tourney continues! ❤️

This is the “red” version of the final two preliminary rounds for the tournament. The Grass starter poll is now closed and Meganium is the starter who won!

Each starter of their type will compete against each other. Each vote will go to the starter's final evolution. The winners of the final two rounds will face off against Meganium in the fourth and final round of TBT's Favourite Starter next weekend!

NOTE: If you only like a pre-evolution and not any of the final evolutions, you still vote for the final evolution. For example:
Your favourite is Charmander --> Vote for GF’s Love Child Charizard.

FINALISTS:
🌱 Grass: Meganium
🔥 Fire: ???
💧 Water: ???

This round is for the Fire type starters.

Here are the contenders:

Charizard
1723837129135.png

Typhlosion
1723837170814.png

Blaziken
1723837203803.png

Infernape
1723837240091.png

Emboar
1723837279749.png

Delphox
1723837313985.png

Incineroar
1723837345084.png

Cinderace

1723837379332.png

Skeledirge
1723837412693.png

Last edited:
Cinderace. I love my bnuuy. I was hoping Scorbunny would turn into a Jackalope, but oh well. Still cool!

The runner up might be Delphox. But I always tend to overlook it because I think Braixen is perfect as it is.

If I could vote I would vote for Infernape. Since I can't I will go over each starter instead.

Charizard: Original Fire starter. It was my fav starter as a child despite choosing Squirtle first. I remembered doing mono teams in Yellow version and Fire was a difficult one to do. The special attention it gets sometimes makes me dislike but I understand. Its a boxart mon of Gen 1. Its Megas are pretty cool too.

Typhlosion: I chose Cyndaquil first but fell in love with the Totodile line later. Still though, I have fond memories of using it in Silver version. In Legends Arceus, I picked Cyndaquil as my starter knowing about its Ghost type regional form. I dislike the modern models of it because they didn't display the fire. Not displaying the fire severely hurts the designs for the Cyndaquil line.

Blaziken: I picked Torchic first but switched to Mudkip when I saw the Mudkip line (this will continue one more time). I did like its Fighting type and thought it was interesting but not as interesting as Swampert. Despite that, its Speed Boost ability in Gen 5 helped me like it more.

Infernape: My favourite Fire starter simply by design. It is based on Sun Wukong from Journey to the West and its Fighting type was much needed in the Sinnoh games. Even though I also like Empoleon and Torterra, Infernape is the last Fire starter that I used for first playthroughs. Because Sinnoh was so HM heavy, Empoleon became better in subsequent playthroughs even with a HM friend like Bibarel. Little did I know that Infernape is the best starter to use in Sinnoh but this caused me to go Water for the next 3 gens. I like Infernape a lot and want it to be better (Mega please?) because even though it can use Iron Fist its not as good of a HA as Speed Boost for Blaziken.

Emboar: From here on out I chose Water starters over Fire starters. I also stopped resetting and finishing playthroughs even if things didn't go well. To be honest, I've never picked Emboar in a playthrough. Its not my favourite but its shiny is pretty awesome. I feel this mon needs more love than even mons like Meganium because it got such a bad reputationfor being the 3rd Fire Fighting starter...and for being bad.

Delphox: Never picked Fennekin but used one after getting one via Friend Safari. Fennekin is cute, Braixen is too furry and Delphox is too...disappointing. Yes, Delphox is disappointing because they should've made it Fairy type and made the design witchier. It would've been cool to have a Fairy starter in the gen they introduced the type. Oh well. Lets hope Legends ZA does it kind.

Incineroar: An abomination. Litten and Torracat get a pass though. Next...

Cinderace: Broke tradition and used this thing instead of Inteleon. Pyro Ball is just a really good move to use in game. Surf no longer functioned the way it did in the past so choosing the Water starter wasn't necessary. I like its designs compared to the other two Galar starters. Its middle evo Raboot is like a trainee with the fur hoodie. Out of the 3 Galar starters, Scorbunny line is the only one that I like all stages.

Skeledirge: Went back to Water again, but I like Skeledirge. Not a fan of the middle evo but I like Skeledirge. Torch Song is a good move to use in the game. Its also a nice touch that this Fire starter is on all fours. I guess really really tired of bipedal starters. I really hope they make the next set like Skeledirge.

I think my choice is obvious if you read my posts.

1723857010894.png

I love him so much. 💚 To be honest, I think Typhlosion is kind of mid and Quilava is just okay, but Cyndaquil is one of my favorite Pokémon ever so he gets my vote. I know he’s not going to win but I still want to show him how much I love him 🥰 realizing how weird this sounds to say about a Pokémon lmao
1723857434697.png

Chimchar is the first fire starter I'd been drawn to over the water type, so I have to go with Infernape. You can't go wrong with a fire ape.

I have to narrowly give it to Typhlosion—but the fire starters are on average my absolute favorites of the trio. (We don’t talk about Inceneroar.)

Runners up would be Infernape, Delphox, and Skeledirge. But most of them are pretty solid!

I don’t HATE Emboar as a…creature thing….but I absolutely love boar in real life and they reeeeallly did the concept dirty. I would have been over the moon about a fire boar that looked like an actual quadrupedal boar creature, like something out of a Miyazaki film. It saddens me deeply that “fire boar” is a real Pokemon we have and it looks like a human circle in a skin-tight outfit.

I voted for Charizard! :D My second choice would probably be Typhlosion because Cyndaquil is one of my favorite starters. I also like Cinderace and Skeledirge. The others I haven’t tried yet. I think at some point I did try Blaziken, but I don’t think I liked it.I kinda like Emboar and Infernape’s designs 🙂. I like Litten’s first two evolutions!

The only fire starters I've chosen are Charmander and Fuecoco. I do really like Charizard tbh, but as he is so popular and for some recency bias from Scarlet/Violet, I've chosen Skeledirge as I really like the whole line, Skeledirge's cry is awesome and he has a great signature move! If they maybe buffed base Charizard in some way, I may prefer it.

Finally something that I don't need to think about. Delphox for me as I love every step of his evolution line. Gen VI also holds special nostalgic place in my heart so the choice was even easier. Some other time it could have been Charizard but the focus on him from the Gamefreak and Pokemon Company is a bit annoying and somehow because of that I don't like him that much as I used to.

This is hard one as I love so many fire starters and it’s my most commonly chosen type. Charizard, Delphox and Typholsion come extremely close but I gotta go with my fave fire chicken Blaziken. It was my first ever Pokemon (and I still have mine safely stored away). I actually remember the Christmas before I got my game I was so excited to get a Charizard as I saw other kids at school playing FireRed and LeafGreen. Boy was I disappointed when he wasn’t in the game cause I got Emerald. That disappointment faded overtime though as I loved Emerald so much and grew to love my fire chicken even more.

okay I thought Meganium being popular was odd yet endearing but Infernape is just bizarre to me, esp when you have the literal perfection that is the Torchic line

I’m having the same problem as the water starters where I LOVE infernape and Typhlosion.

Monferno and Quilava are two of my favourite Pokémon, But as cyndaquil was my first ever starter in HGSS I’m going to vote Typhlosion
Post automatically merged:

It’s weird looking at all the fire starters together because, surprisingly, charizard is 2nd to last for me. Cinderace is last because wtf is even that

okay I thought Meganium being popular was odd yet endearing but Infernape is just bizarre to me, esp when you have the literal perfection that is the Torchic line

Aerith, please have mercy. I was too young to play Pokemon when R/S/E came out.... : (

(i'm joking, obviously LMAO).

Be sure to read op! If you have a fav pre-evo vote for its final evo!

I voted Typhlosion but like, you’re right cause they could’ve easily ruined it with Mega Blaziken too but they just made it wayyyyy cooler

Back