TBT’s Third Egg Decorating Contest

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Hatchling

Hatchling.jpg

Hatchling proof.jpg

The eye of the egg was painted with acrylic paints, and I drew the scales and wings on paper first, colored them, then cut them out and attached them to the egg. The wings are taped on the back, the scales are glued on! 🐉

The nest was made by crumpling, shaping, and gluing in place brown packing tissue, then I decorated it with two thicknesses of twine, pine straw, dead leaves, and pieces of bark from my yard.

This was a lot of fun to make and the perfect thing to distract me so I wouldn't be too nervous about my appointment today. ;w;

The Hatchling

View attachment 489146
View attachment 489147

The eye of the egg was painted with acrylic paints, and I drew the scales and wings on paper first, colored them, then cut them out and attached them to the egg. The wings are taped on the back, the scales are glued on! 🐉

The nest was made by crumpling, shaping, and gluing in place brown packing tissue, then I decorated it with two thicknesses of twine, pine straw, dead leaves, and pieces of bark from my yard.

This was a lot of fun to make and the perfect thing to distract me so I wouldn't be too nervous about my appointment today. ;w;
Merielle this is gorgeous! How did you get this done so quickly?! 😍🤩

Merielle this is gorgeous! How did you get this done so quickly?! 😍🤩
Thank you! ;; I had this idea for a while and was really excited to use it—a lot of it also was that I had a ton of anxious energy this morning and needed something to fixate on instead of my looming appointment ahahaha

The Hatchling

View attachment 489146
View attachment 489147

Thats insanely good :love:

Mutti's Egg Entry

rsz_1rsz_1image1.jpg

With this craft egg i started by choosing the colours i need to make up Zipper T Bunny's facethen got to work, after the fine detail took a long time, this is the best i could create😛
rsz_image0_1.jpg

Last edited:
@Chris I have a question about the submission. My egg has a 3D effect going on which is not super visible in static images. Would it be allowed to upload a simple stop motion turnaround / 360° view gif? I am happy to send an example to staff so that you can see what I mean.

Last edited:
Here's hoping I can come up with a good concept and can make it look halfway decent, though I doubt anything I come up with this year will surpass the Nat egg I made last time. I have no hope of winning anything considering the artistic talent and ingenuity among the community here, but decorating these eggs is a fun project and I was planning to make some this year anyway just for the heck of it.

Anywho, I'll be back once I've got something.

Peacock Easter Egg

1680850629869.png

1680850910537.png

I had a lot of fun hand drawing and adding detail to each feather then cutting them all out.
I was ready to decorate my egg.

1680850816795.png

The Peacock body, neck and head had all been drawn and attached all that was left was my feathers.

I'll be pretty busy next week but I'll try to find time to eggsecute (hehe) my egg idea. Nothing too grand though. ;w; Coincidentally going to the mall tomorrow with my family so I'll probably stop by to get some clay. I hope I'll be able to make my idea work! 🙏

On another note, everyone's eggs are so good so far!! <3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back