TBT’s Third Egg Decorating Contest

Status
Not open for further replies.
actually i was going for something alot more fun this year but it ended looking up like a horrifying skin egg with two eyes 🫠 so… have a plain olde swirly egg
09B81200-EA4F-46FE-8212-45766E8DEED6.jpeg

Officially dubbed squishmallow egg by my cousin's daughter. I manually speckled this little one with a toothpick, would not do it again. Also, rip to poor lighting, the phone I used to take these pictures is not the best so it's a little dark and I assume adjusting the brightness falls into the 'no enhancement' rule so I left it as is The nametag picture shows off the gradient enough hopefully,

20230409_184506.jpg

20230409_184910.jpg
20230409_184853.jpg
Featuring the rainbow eggs too, I also made two little birds but I stupidly didn't take their picture, alas.

last minute decided to make a participation egg like a previous year, but took it a lot more seriously than i expected to asdfghjkl. pretty proud of how it turned out considering that i can't draw, let alone paint.

tumblr_a5eb4b19aa3da4e1e4f30b2f43780249_aae40a00_2048.jpg

tumblr_85ab60d43e7d9e75a0d69d987233f495_e3d5a7cc_2048.jpg

Hoping to get my entry in soon, the longest part is waiting for paint to dry enough to apply another layer.

Are the participation eggs going to be distributed periodically throughout the week now that we know who the Golden Easter Egg winners are, or are they going to be awarded and all of the participation currency distributed at the closing ceremony?

can we use stencils on the eggs or do designs need to free hand?
question about wood eggs - is pyrography/wood burning an acceptable medium? :)
@Chris, @Mick

Can we use crystal beads?
The above are all fine.

I have a question, could I crochet elements for my egg?
As long as we can still see the egg then this is fine. You may be asked to provide evidence, so take pictures as you go along!

@Chris I have a question about the submission. My egg has a 3D effect going on which is not super visible in static images. Would it be allowed to upload a simple stop motion turnaround / 360° view gif? I am happy to send an example to staff so that you can see what I mean.
You could include a .gif in addition to a still image, however for complete transparency this may not be included in the poll if your entry was nominated.

Can I use my own egg that I personally hatched or do I have to get one from the other hens? 🐣
This isn't Hatchlings & Hairpins. Please only decorate unhatched eggs!

Are the participation eggs going to be distributed periodically throughout the week now that we know who the Golden Easter Egg winners are, or are they going to be awarded and all of the participation currency distributed at the closing ceremony?
This isn't going to be a helpful answer, but they'll be sent when I've time to send them to put it simply! I've not gone through the entries submitted so far yet - I've only skimmed the thread to answer questions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back