• Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

Team Fortress 2

no, they should work on balancing what weapons exist, and work from there..

but instead, we get new spammy promotional items.. whoop.

I think considering how much Valve often listens to it's fans, people tend to forget that Valve is actually a big game company, rather than an indie studio.
this is true.. but it would be hard to imagine where any company would be, without a fanbase. tf2 is not valve's only source of income.. and if it were, adding micro-transactions is a great way to pick up the slack they've lost.. but i think they're just not trying, right now..

the quality of the items (or lack of), and the rate at which promotional items are being pumped out is what my gripe about tf2 is.
i'm all for donations for map makers and people who make good community content. i am not for having a new weapon and hat for each major game release.

this is true.. but it would be hard to imagine where any company would be, without a fanbase. tf2 is not valve's only source of income.. and if it were, adding micro-transactions is a great way to pick up the slack they've lost.. but i think they're just not trying, right now..

the quality of the items (or lack of), and the rate at which promotional items are being pumped out is what my gripe about tf2 is.
i'm all for donations for map makers and people who make good community content. i am not for having a new weapon and hat for each major game release.

Major game release?

Major game release?
not the right words, but you know what i mean..
at first it was alright, sam & max, nbd. maybe worms, too. then it got out of hand after poker night. every other week there's a new promo to buy
just kinda underhanded on valve's part to do that
the in game store.. okay.. but just using it to promote other stuff.. meh.

not the right words, but you know what i mean..
at first it was alright, sam & max, nbd. maybe worms, too. then it got out of hand after poker night. every other week there's a new promo to buy
just kinda underhanded on valve's part to do that
the in game store.. okay.. but just using it to promote other stuff.. meh.

Yeah... it should be just for valve games or something

I got the Half-Zatoichi the first day I played after the update. I really like it. It's exceptionally good if you're planning to play Medieval Mode. I played in that mode and ended being 1st MVP on our team. Well with the help of my trust Charge n' Targe of course.
My friend pre-ordered Shogun 2 so he got all the items. The other ones look okay. The new Spy knife looks neat, but I'll stick to my Eternal Reward.

still, the item whores could post a bit. :(
and not an -aaron in sight.

DON'T WORRY. I AM ALIVE.

As for the update, I'm sort-of-happy that we got some content. I just with they weren't hats all the time. It would've been an awesome update if the contents were the new weapons and a new, Shogun-themed Medieval mode map.

DON'T WORRY. I AM ALIVE.

As for the update, I'm sort-of-happy that we got some content. I just with they weren't hats all the time. It would've been an awesome update if the contents were the new weapons and a new, Shogun-themed Medieval mode map.
i was actually wondering why there wasn't one.

i can just imagine a bunch of rocky pillars/cliffs with bridges and such connecting them.. towering above clouds and stuff, masking what's below if you fall.

and a big japanese-style house at the end point. not that degroot **** where you have to come in through one way.. multiple ways to get over, under, or through the castle walls. that'd be fun.

i think i need to lern2/map

i can just imagine a bunch of rocky pillars/cliffs with bridges and such connecting them.. towering above clouds and stuff, masking what's below if you fall.

and a big japanese-style house at the end point. not that degroot **** where you have to come in through one way.. multiple ways to get over, under, or through the castle walls. that'd be fun.

Try this map, mebbe. See if it's any good?

Try this map, mebbe. See if it's any good?
no.. i didn't mean a 5CP map.. and i have played on that map at some point in time, a long while ago.. i didn't really enjoy it, though.. sadly.

very similar to some of the japanese-themed levels in spyro the dragon (series) if you know what i mean by that.. huge chasms, and the like. i dunno.

no.. i didn't mean a 5CP map.. and i have played on that map at some point in time, a long while ago.. i didn't really enjoy it, though.. sadly.

very similar to some of the japanese-themed levels in spyro the dragon (series) if you know what i mean by that.. huge chasms, and the like. i dunno.
Yeah, I think I know what you're getting at. Foggy mountain top, rickety wooden bridges connecting pagodas. Jade and stone dragon statues as they're more PC than a much more realistic for that setting Buddha. I get what you're talking about.

I would really appreciate if Valve optimized and balanced their ****ing game instead of giving me Fans of War or some **** like that.

MAKE IT NOW

Anyone gain any vintage items from the last update? Apparently some crafting recipes changed so those who crafted it using the old blueprint now have a vintage version instead. I checked today and found out I now have a vintage Loch-N-Load.

It seems we now also have all the possible blueprints viewable on the crafting screen. They're a tad disorganized though if you ask me.

Back