• The first day of our new Mushroom Season event has passed, but things are just getting started. Read the update about changes made to the schedule, starting with day two. Be careful foraging and good luck!
  • Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

The ACNH Rant Thread

i'm struggling with my hybrids, i have too many and nowhere to put them so at the moment they're clogging up my beaches but in time i will run out of space there too. i don't know what to do with them, i wish we could put the actual flower plants and not just plucked flowers in our storage in the houses, that would make it so much easier for me.

?????
Why can you decline a new DIY recipe from your crafting villagers,
but not one that you've already got
?????????
?????¿¿¿¿
this is the worst! i don't understand why they did that, it's stupid and annoying and doesn't make any sense whatsoever.

This is exactly why I like Static less in this game :(
His mouth was already changed in New Leaf too. I miss that old mouth. He looked so cuter and grumpier. Maybe they changed it because he would probably look too similar to Marshal? Idk I'm sad, I want them to change it back. I still love him though. 😩

His mouth was already changed in New Leaf too. I miss that old mouth. He looked so cuter and grumpier. Maybe they changed it because he would probably look too similar to Marshal? Idk I'm sad, I want them to change it back. I still love him though. 😩

Oh, I didn't know that! I never had him in NL... he was in my WW town and one of my favourites. I like this old appearance better because it is indeed grumpier... and his face kow looks like some smiling creep (at least to me.. luckily, many people still love this little squirrel regardless ;)). I hope it wasn't done because of Marshall, but maybe. First thought in my mind was that the villagers are generally so much nicer now and thus we cannot have one that looks grumpy like Static did :p But that doesn't explain Marshall, I suppose..

Anyway, I only noticed his new mouth a couple of weeks ago while going through villager lists to compile my 'dreamy' list. It really is a shame :(

I got a feeling that it's longer than that. :ROFLMAO:

honestly.
i don't understand people defending nintendo, telling me "we're not meant to complete the museum that quick" uhh, first of all obviously. but i mean, i feel like people aren't considering that in a few months (and years) we won't be able to play daily. if you happen to log in on days where he won't visit, there's definitely no way you'd be completing even half of the artworks by next year! so no, it's not really possible to complete it quick, unless you're one of the time travelers with a lot of time to forward daily as opposed to random skips.

honestly.
i don't understand people defending nintendo, telling me "we're not meant to complete the museum that quick" uhh, first of all obviously. but i mean, i feel like people aren't considering that in a few months (and years) we won't be able to play daily. if you happen to log in on days where he won't visit, there's definitely no way you'd be completing even half of the artworks by next year! so no, it's not really possible to complete it quick, unless you're one of the time travelers with a lot of time to forward daily as opposed to random skips.

Why do you think that everyone won't have time to play daily? I had to go back to work and I still have time to play daily. Now, if it is not wanting to play daily, that is a different animal.

I do agree that they should make Redd guaranteed to be seen more regularly. I'm not sure if once a week would be too much or just right. I know he comes much more often in New Leaf because I have gotten him twice in three weeks and that isn't with daily play. Just plain luck.

honestly.

I definitely feel you on this. Because Redd only visited me thrice since his release. There was one time that he only sold fakes. My best guess is that we are going to quit this game before completing the collection.

Why do you think that everyone won't have time to play daily? I had to go back to work and I still have time to play daily. Now, if it is not wanting to play daily, that is a different animal.

I do agree that they should make Redd guaranteed to be seen more regularly. I'm not sure if once a week would be too much or just right. I know he comes much more often in New Leaf because I have gotten him twice in three weeks and that isn't with daily play. Just plain luck.

but in my post, i was talking about few months later, or a year after. not right now. because i feel like you're talking in the present tense. i'm not saying literally everyone will not play every single day. if you will play new horizons for every single day until 2021, feel free to quote me by then.
but, even now, we're just like 3 months in, and already not all of my friends log in daily. sometimes i want to trade with them and they won't have time & it's okay. i've been a long time player too, and i didn't play every single day a year after i had my new leaf town.
of course if you didn't play every day and miss out on things, that's on us. but knowing how rare he is now, it'll be hard to come by him as time goes. just because you got lucky, doesn't mean we'll all get lucky.

I don't know if anyone has said this yet, but when your villagers are crafting something that you haven't learned yet, you can decline it. Why would you though? But, if you already know it, you're locked into just accepting it. I usually just end up selling it anyway. I don't know if you can actually refuse one you don't know, because I always say yes to something I don't know (even if it sounds like something I will never craft; for completion purposes)

Has someone actually refused one? I might actually make a new character just to test that out. But what logic is this? It's stupid. I would rather refuse crap I already know so I don't have to waste more time.

On another note, my villagers are always crating garbage that you're given by Nook during the tutorial. You're telling me they couldn't program these out of the villager's list of crafts? I feel like they lazily programmed this game.

now more than ever I wish you could have multiple islands on one switch (the same account or diff accounts, either works for me!). I want to try different things out with my island but I've come too far to try some of them out... it's a struggle leaving me *this* close to resetting, but equally I don't want to lose allll my work.

Last edited:
Oh I know it's not possible to refuse ones you already know. The options are just 'I know' and 'Duh!' but neither really indicates do I want them or not? Unless you meant refusing ones you don't know. Either way if it is possible, it's a stupid implementation and should be for when you're about to get a dupe.

but in my post, i was talking about few months later, or a year after. not right now. because i feel like you're talking in the present tense. i'm not saying literally everyone will not play every single day. if you will play new horizons for every single day until 2021, feel free to quote me by then.
but, even now, we're just like 3 months in, and already not all of my friends log in daily. sometimes i want to trade with them and they won't have time & it's okay. i've been a long time player too, and i didn't play every single day a year after i had my new leaf town.
of course if you didn't play every day and miss out on things, that's on us. but knowing how rare he is now, it'll be hard to come by him as time goes. just because you got lucky, doesn't mean we'll all get lucky.

I was also talking about a few months later and among the "hardcore" fans. There is already a big drop off of casual players. I'm predicting that the second big drop of players will happen around August when (hopefully) life goes back to normal and schools start back up (in the US at least).

I mentioned myself because I thought my playtime would drop off as soon as I went back to work. I thought I was more of a casual player than I am. And nearly 3 months of daily play is a huge commitment for one game. When I was playing NL, 3 months is when I stopped playing daily and took a break for a week or so.

I also agree with you that he needs to come more often. I think he should be switched with Leif (who in my understanding is guaranteed once a week).
Post automatically merged:

I don't know if anyone has said this yet, but when your villagers are crafting something that you haven't learned yet, you can decline it. Why would you though? But, if you already know it, you're locked into just accepting it. I usually just end up selling it anyway. I don't know if you can actually refuse one you don't know, because I always say yes to something I don't know (even if it sounds like something I will never craft; for completion purposes)

Has someone actually refused one? I might actually make a new character just to test that out. But what logic is this? It's stupid. I would rather refuse crap I already know so I don't have to waste more time.

On another note, my villagers are always crating garbage that you're given by Nook during the tutorial. You're telling me they couldn't program these out of the villager's list of crafts? I feel like they lazily programmed this game.

I know for a fact that you can refuse and not receive a DIY you don't know. My niece was playing my character that day and that's when I decided she needed her own character.

Last edited:
My favorite trading subreddit has changed its rules and now there's not even a point in using it, you can't post about a villager crafting anymore, no villager trading etc.. etc.. I can't find any good places that are active enough to trade, esp. when I'm giving out Island access for Celeste or a crafting villager for free.

If they expected us to do so much trading for items, they should have added an auction house or some type of online merchant or the ability to send mail to anyone. Between talking to the dodo and his 15 choices, flying out, cutscenes, and if you're unfortunate enough to visit an island with lots of people coming and going, it can take forever to trade.

And yikes if you have people over and someone loses internet.... progress is lost and reset... I think they could have done it mich better. There should be a save option without the need to leave the island.

I love Isabelle but I too am annoyed at how repetitive and "useless" her script is.
She should say hello, give the time and weather, mention any visitors or special events (maybe some people like hunting for npcs, but this ensures you don't miss them if you don't have the time), and once in a while mention her lost socks or tv habits... not every day. And they need to add to what she says. Nobody finds that many lost socks...

I also need a way to clear flowers that doesn't involve digging them up one by one.

In NH villagers don't pick up a guitar and play it they just bend down and strum the string with their hand lol.
And while it's shown in New Horizons that both animals and humans can hit the tambourine, but not shake it. Of course, this tweet shows they can in Pocket Camp...but not in NH. It's kinda weird to me, since K.K. Birthday (strangely low-quality on purpose?), Welcome Horizons, the Wedding Season music all have the sound of a shaking tambourine in them.
It makes the game a bit lifeless and NH should be more advanced than a mobile game.
Yeah, I agree, it's weird a mobile game would do some things better than the latest main Animal Crossing game.
I also need a way to clear flowers that doesn't involve digging them up one by one.
It would be nice if the Island Designer's cleanup option removed flowers. Why are they strangely unable to be cleaned up, yet trees can be? Flowers will get in the way due to how insanely easy they spread in this game, and yet they're basically the one thing that isn't cleaned up.

Back