• The first day of our new Mushroom Season event has passed, but things are just getting started. Read the update about changes made to the schedule, starting with day two. Be careful foraging and good luck!
  • Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

The ACNH Rant Thread

?????
Why can you decline a new DIY recipe from your crafting villagers,
but not one that you've already got
?????????
?????¿¿¿¿
Man this is annoying. Also not sure why there is a dialogue option to say either "yes I know this recipe" or "of course i know this recipe" :rolleyes:

I’m sure this will echo a lot of things people have said before (I’m not reading 110 pages of comments I’m sorry, but this is my rant). There’s a ton of things I LOVE about this game, don’t get me wrong, but there’s tons of things that have irked me.

I hope they add back a lot of stuff they got rid of. I hate that:

They got rid of swimming/diving (what the hell??)
The islands do not have a box like in New Leaf
They got rid of a ton of staple characters (Pelly + Phyllis for example)
The villager dialogue is even more repetitive than New Leaf to a ridiculous degree. I hope they update with more dialogue because it’s pretty bad at how repetitive it is.
How easy it is to pluck a flower/erase a design on the ground when you really want to pick up an object
How they changed the finned fish so it’s a lot harder to tell they are finned fish at certain angles (nitpicky tho)
I dislike that there is a phone call cutscene every time you start the day (instead of just a letter?)
The game is so nitpicky about where you can place objects and you have no room. At times there clearly was room outside to place an object but I was faced slightly too far one direction and instead of it plopping time the open space it just says there’s no room.
It seems they got rid of lucky items and I liked that mechanic a lot.
I wish game kept track of recipes you got and only gave duplicates after you got all the recipes.
They made the amount of money the bell rock spits out way less for some reason.
They have way less cooking items than in New Leaf. I hope they add more furniture in the future.

They got rid of swimming/diving (what the hell??)
The islands do not have a box like in New Leaf

They made the amount of money the bell rock spits out way less for some reason.

Swimming/Diving will be added back according to a data mine

This I thought would be fixed since the dodos started offering a delivery/selling service on Harvey’s island, but apparently not for mystery islands...

This is wrong? on normal days you get 16,100 bells (but in NL if you had good/bad luck days you’d get 32,000 and 8,400 respectively)

I planned to place my shops tucked away inside cliffs and have an incline going through the middle of them. Everything was going smoothly until I realised that there has to be one block of space in between the stores and the incline. Right side went fine, didn't count it correctly on the left side though. I was one block off too. :( Makes me wish you could reverse certain errors even after paying.

Anyway, I'll have to probably start again not tomorrow but the next day. It's a shame that shops don't completely disappear after you've placed them in a different spot. I understand why, but it would be easier if whatever you still wanted to buy on that particular day, you can just select from The Nook Stop. I need everything out of the way so I can map things out.

Also not sure why there is a dialogue option to say either "yes I know this recipe" or "of course i know this recipe" :rolleyes:
This is a problem this game has in many places. I've forgotten all of the times it happens during the "prologue" and otherwise, but it's really dumb to give the player multiple responses if both are basically the exact same. I guess Nintendo didn't want to actually write dialogue for saying "no", or to avoid the "but thou must" weirdness, but...either would be better than "yes or yes".

O
Swimming/Diving will be added back according to a data mine

This I thought would be fixed since the dodos started offering a delivery/selling service on Harvey’s island, but apparently not for mystery islands...

This is wrong? on normal days you get 16,100 bells (but in NL if you had good/bad luck days you’d get 32,000 and 8,400 respectively)

Oh! Thanks for the swimming, diving data bit.

weird, I only ever got 32,000.But then again I always coordinated to have good luck so that makes sense. Thanks for the correction.

?????
Why can you decline a new DIY recipe from your crafting villagers,
but not one that you've already got
?????????
?????¿¿¿¿
I wish I could unlearn all of the fruit DIY's.
They really are horrid.

My theory is they let their grandkids loose in the office with a box of crayons and paper, and whatever they scrawl down, the parents are like, "That's the pear set done!".

I was excited to see Redd on my island today...

I was not excited to learn that all four of his paintings were fake.

There is a Nook Miles achievement for giving Blathers fake art though, and I do like the fake academic painting, so... not the end of the world, I guess.

I need to rant about adopted villagers keeping their clothes from the previous owner.
Even when I tell Isabelle about it, it resets just for that instance and when I log back in, they wear the clothes again.
I gift new clothes in an attempt to override it, and they still wear the old-village's clothes and put the ones I give them in their house.
Like wtf? I saw on reddit that someone got a Judy from a different island and she was wearing a shirt that said "fxck yeah." The reddit user wanted to remove it because she shares her island with her daughter, but Isabelle just can't seem to remove it permanently.

THIS IS A BUG, and Nintendo really has to fix it!!!!

Yikes! And I agree! Consulting Isabelle does nothing and I can’t believe Nintendo hasn’t fixed it. Or if it’s supposed to not do anything the way it does, I don’t understand why on earth it wouldn’t. (Which is why I agree that it’s most likely a bug, and a serious one.)

Imagine if suddenly, your adopted villager was walking around with clothing that was designed to be really offensive, and you couldn’t do anything about it. (Offensive as in a graphic, disturbing, or hateful message or image.) That could potentially ruin the entire game for me and many others!

Had a very positive experience with trading and decided to host a giveaway last week. Almost went crazy! There were definitely a lot of issues with doing giveaways, like people not following rules, forcing me to fence off areas. And also the people who told me they wanted something and then not replying forever and now the stuff is just taking up space and held when i couldve given them to someone who actually needs it! Funny how the negative experiences start when stuff is free :/ Ah well rant over, thanks for reading!
Side note: Connection issues are driving me crazy in acnh! Paying nintendo 20$ for p2p connection is really terrible!

I know! I see like maybe one a day for some reason!

Sorry you had a negative experience with hosting giveaways. Some people just can't behave properly. :(

That's why in trades I always do first come first serve. I never hold things for people cause I've been burned before by being ghosted and missing out on a sale.

Sorry you had a negative experience with hosting giveaways. Some people just can't behave properly. :(

That's why in trades I always do first come first serve. I never hold things for people cause I've been burned before by being ghosted and missing out on a sale.
Its happened a lot to me and it rly feels bad so i dont do it to anyone lol(as in leaving people hanging). I still hold stuff for people but if they disappear i just let it go and move on. I guess i just got used to it?

Its happened a lot to me and it rly feels bad so i dont do it to anyone lol(as in leaving people hanging). I still hold stuff for people but if they disappear i just let it go and move on. I guess i just got used to it?
That's true. Setting a timeline is good as well. Pick up by this time or it goes to someone else.

Why can't the additional accounts on your island have their own slots for custom patterns instead of it being shared 😖 Some patterns I really enjoy, but they take up a multiple slots so I don't have the room T v T

Why did they change his mouth??? 😔

Attachments

• 3b9c1149b5631182c382ca440c4e7ed2.png
    3b9c1149b5631182c382ca440c4e7ed2.png
    183.4 KB · Views: 10
  • Static_NH.png
    Static_NH.png
    181 KB · Views: 16
fruit DIY's.
Oh yeah, that reminds me of something I've noticed in New Horizons that first was changed in New Leaf. I understand there's a big company named after a fruit and that's why it was changed, but the "Juicy Apple TV" change just bothers me. It's so inconsistent with the other apple furniture. Instead of blatant trademark-avoiding of "Apple TV", they should've renamed the other apple recipes along with the TV, plus gave the other fruit prefixes like that.

most of my complaints have already been posted so this is another peeve I have with NH.
In Pocket Camp your villagers can interact with items much more realistically and I would like to see that in NH (as well as your own character being able to interact which isn't done in PC either). In NH villagers don't pick up a guitar and play it they just bend down and strum the string with their hand lol. The villagers and you can't enjoy the pool or the teacup ride it's only for decoration etc.
It makes the game a bit lifeless and NH should be more advanced than a mobile game.

It's been mentioned but...

Do people with their "dreamies" even talk to them? They get them, dress them up, and that's it. That's not entirely players' fault (Nintendo did downgrade on the dialogue) but they make such a fuss over nothing. It's a cat in a dress. You only care about him because everyone else does.

Everyone's island feels the same now. It's always going to have at least one of the following: Raymond, Marina, Stitches, Marshall or Judy. It's absolutely fine to like these characters and have them but it's just a bit of a bummer when I'm trading, because I see at least one or two of those villagers and it's like new AC fans don't even know other villagers exist.

No, I have Marina and Marshal and talk to them all the time. They are my favorite normal and smug respectively. Diana, who is also popular, is my favorite snooty. Rosie is my favorite peppy. I also have Punchy, Beau,(favorite lazies) Fang(favorite cranky), Molly(one if my favorite normals and so cute) and Cherry(one if my favorite uchis) who are also popular. The only unpopular one that I have is Poncho. I love each and every one of them and feel very attached to them. Marina, Rosie, Punchy, and Fang I've had in multiple AC games. Before I knew of tier lists and now popular they really were. The rest I've had since New Leaf.

Did it ever occur to you that they are popular because people like their designs? That they seem to fit their personality? Or a multitude of other reasons? They are certainly not just for show with me. But, I'm sure though to some people they are.

Sorry, I hope I'm not being rude to you. But you do know that people are being bullied on other sites like Reddit and Twitter for having villagers like Raymond. Or even drawing a popular villager.

Sorry for the rant. But it's in the right topic. 😂

Back