• The first day of our new Mushroom Season event has passed, but things are just getting started. Read the update about changes made to the schedule, starting with day two. Be careful foraging and good luck!
  • Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

The ACNH Rant Thread

haven't seen redd in more than a month. this is frustrating as h*ll.
when i finally get 20 artworks by 2024 :love:
Hey, Redd is at my island today if you want to come over and check it out. I was timetraveling to get a villager to move out then came back to my regular date and he was there. My island still a major work in progress so its ugly rn and you have to bring your own pole since I destroyed my bridges lol.

I'm bummed right now because this game is just blatantly getting boring for me. I'll probably stop playing for a while soon, I really just log on to try and get villager photos...
Conversations with villagers are so dang stale, I've already heard everything they have to say to the point where I don't even like talking to them anymore. I HATE terraforming, it takes too long and I usually hate the results, so there's literally nothing else to do. I already have 5 stars despite my island not even being half-developed... It just feels like there's nothing to work towards, this game is starting to feel like a chore :(

Wedding season helped a bit but even that's getting boring; now I just placed down random stuff to get heart crystals.

That's my beef to. Villager's will also talk to you like they're asking for an opinion, but you're never given an option. 'I wonder what I should do today...' Oh wait? It's over? Well ok than...

Or I go back to them 5 real time hours later. 'yOu AgAiN!?' I only talked to you once in the day...

Remind me how this is supposed to make us want to interact with villagers? It's not. It's like they fired all the veterans and put new people in charge that never worked on a title similar to AC.

That's my beef to. Villager's will also talk to you like they're asking for an opinion, but you're never given an option. 'I wonder what I should do today...' Oh wait? It's over? Well ok than...

Or I go back to them 5 real time hours later. 'yOu AgAiN!?' I only talked to you once in the day...

Remind me how this is supposed to make us want to interact with villagers? It's not. It's like they fired all the veterans and put new people in charge that never worked on a title similar to AC.
Or "Is this island not big enough for the both of us?!?!" I talked to you once this morning, relax.

I talk to my favorite villagers three or four times a day, but sometimes there’s snarky remarks can be kind of degrading. “You again?” yeah its me again, I’m basically your only friend here because you spend all day inside crafting. Like chill, I just wanted to see how you were because I talked to you 3 hours ago. If you don’t wanna be on my island, that’s fine!

All of them do it and they all sound like they want nothing to do with you. I have to play today, but I don't think my normal and jock do it, but the others have. Or I remember their lines the most because they come off as rude. It'd be fine if it was just a snooty and cranky thing. I could deal with that. It'd work with their personality.

Except none of them really have one. They somehow managed to lobotomize them even more than in NL. I was also getting my villagers interacting with each other so much in the beginning, but within the past few weeks I haven't seen them talk to each other at all.

All of them do it and they all sound like they want nothing to do with you. I have to play today, but I don't think my normal and jock do it, but the others have. Or I remember their lines the most because they come off as rude. It'd be fine if it was just a snooty and cranky thing. I could deal with that. It'd work with their personality.

Except none of them really have one. They somehow managed to lobotomize them even more than in NL. I was also getting my villagers interacting with each other so much in the beginning, but within the past few weeks I haven't seen them talk to each other at all.
My favorite normal villager Molly is super excited when I talk to her more than once, but other than that everyone else just brushes me off. I would like to see my villagers interacting more as well. I haven’t gotten a gift to give to another villager in so long, and I really miss when you could try and repare a relationship between villagers by talking to them about it. They just seem so distant from each other and it makes me sad.

Do you think Nintendo goofed and messed up their interactions during one of their updates? I haven't seen any of them talking to each other in a very long time. I think it was even before Wedding day that they stopped.

Remind me how this is supposed to make us want to interact with villagers? It's not.
tumblr_inline_o2cgt0hsTa1qzb5w4_75sq.gifv
"I have an idea... Let's see how many more times we can talk to each other today, honeybun!" Oh, c'mon, Gabi, I've only talked to you a couple times! You're one of my favorites on my island, how can I not talk to you more than once?

But, yeah, what happened to the animals in this game? They usually keep conversations very short, but in Wild World, they were usually a good length. Also, I don't remember the animals in that game implying they don't want me to talk to them often. (I know, the animals always got tired of talking, but I never did it enough to annoy them.)

I feel the same about this. It's like Nintendo forgot one of the important parts about Animal Crossing is talking to your villagers/islanders, not just peeking at their daily life, afraid to annoy them by merely talking to them. In this game, just talking to one twice can make them hint like this...or "YOU AGAIN?" (I avoid talking to Phoebe more than once just so that line doesn't appear.)

I loved Hazel and Frita in my NL town, but I barely talk to them in this game now. I may just end up letting one of them move. I never played Pocket Camp. Was interacting with the animals one of the low parts of the game? I feel like they may have been to heavily influenced by it because this game has a mobile feel to it.

• More events need to happen
  • More themed furniture including Nintendo themes
  • The option to let villagers come over or you get invite to yours (like wild world)
  • Let us hold items like drinks, food etc
  • The beachball/football should be able to be kicked around
  • Update villagers conversations
  • Let us store diy recipes

overall, I do love this game very much but these tweaks will make a huge difference

I'm a little recent to new Horizons, but I have played New Leaf for the last 6.5 years. Upon launch, I guess I would have expected Brewster and the Roost to be in the game. I'm glad they brought in Redd, and I'm happy to see Reese and Cyrus, but hello, Iet's use Reese and Cyrus for their purpose- I don't want 5 different stand mixers, I want to customize the one I have into the right color.

When I tell you to look at the camera, I don't mean point your chin way up and look down your nose at it
It does look strange how they look at the camera. I think I take a picture mid-way through their turn toward or away from the camera sometimes. Also, I know it's part of Animal Crossing's style, but it would've been nice if there was a way to make characters look forward instead of to their left constantly. Their iris-pupils can move, so why is there not a graphic for them looking straight ahead? (Only a couple eyes do that, the rest are like my profile picture.)
  • More themed furniture including Nintendo themes

This. I'd love it if this umbrella got added to New Horizons since I think it's cute even in Mario games when Peach has it. It'd look cute in my character's hands too! I barely played New Leaf, and didn't even play City Folk, the two games it was in.

Yea, I either need more inventory space or once you collect an item in a different color, the ability to customize it. I like to keep things on hand, makes it easier to see what I have and change things up, but I find myself selling a lot of things I like because I don't have the storage or space.

There are so many npcs that take up the plaza spot/the island that there have been months before I saw one of them again. I just finally saw CJ and Label and I haven't seen them in months.

Nintendo really got lazy with this game. They need to make an update where Leif and Label make a return. It wouldn't be hard. All they would have to do is make a secondary room in Able's/Nook's without making the place larger. Like a second floor or even a basement.

I feel like most of the snarky comments you guys mentioned are from sisterly villagers, so much for being sisterly lol i am just kidding. I used to not like these types of remarks but now i dont find them annoying anymore. I also recall a jock or a lazy telling me that i dont need to check up on them that much but i didnt find that rude.

not particularly a game specific complaint but i guess it's more so about certain type of players?
it irks me when i'm walking back over to someone's airport after finishing a trade or whatever and like four steps out i get kicked by them ending the session. ?????. please let me just leave through the airport counter and not use the - button? i thought it's already common sense by now? sad that it happened with a couple of trades i made through the forum..

Instead of the specific crown and wreath DIYs, I wish we had an option to create our own color combinations - maybe we could bring 10 flowers of the same type to Leif or Cyrus + Reese, then they could make the crown or wreath for us. Right now I'm struggling to find a wreath that "fits" each villager

not particularly a game specific complaint but i guess it's more so about certain type of players?
it irks me when i'm walking back over to someone's airport after finishing a trade or whatever and like four steps out i get kicked by them ending the session. ?????. please let me just leave through the airport counter and not use the - button? i thought it's already common sense by now? sad that it happened with a couple of trades i made through the forum..
theres annoying things you can't do with your gate open though, you can't order stuff through nook shopping, you can't donate to the museum. so people probably would rather just close their gate than have to walk all the way over to the airport and go through orvilles 90 dialog boxes again. that's the reason i do it anyway lol
(i know orville only has 1 dialog box when you close the gate but damn, has his incessant dialog that just goes on and on and on while island hopping or trying to just visit someone or EVEN OPEN THE DAMN GATE, made me despise seeing his face and just hate him in general)

Back