• The first day of our new Mushroom Season event has passed, but things are just getting started. Read the update about changes made to the schedule, starting with day two. Be careful foraging and good luck!
  • Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

The ACNH Rant Thread

It does look strange how they look at the camera. I think I take a picture mid-way through their turn toward or away from the camera sometimes. Also, I know it's part of Animal Crossing's style, but it would've been nice if there was a way to make characters look forward instead of to their left constantly. Their iris-pupils can move, so why is there not a graphic for them looking straight ahead? (Only a couple eyes do that, the rest are like my profile picture.)

There was a joke in Mario kart 8 (before they had irises) when they did this, it looked like the villager girl was going to kill someone when they did the look back (or the stink eye basically)

I am really not a fan of the 'wait a day' mechanic this game has. I understand the point of this game is to relax and not rush but when you just need stuff moved and it's not moved until the next day because of some 'construction' nonsense, it's pissing me off. Also the price tag to move buildings is ridiculous. This game is really getting on my nerves and it hasn't even been 3 months since its release.

So many people have complained about this already but Redd is getting frustrating. I’ve had him visit three times now. He had the scary painting every time. Two times it was the only genuine art, and this time everything is fake. If it continues at this rate it will take me almost five years to get everything.

I don’t usually time travel but that moment has come. The art exhibit is my favourite exhibit and realistically in years to come I won’t be checking every day on the off chance Redd visits. I’d rather make occasional time adjustments to have it finished.

The seasonal items at Nook's are pointless. There are only 2 items in the item pool, and they are the same 2 items. If you are even interested in them, and do buy them, it will be completely useless to see them being sold for the rest of the month (or rest of summer?)
Post automatically merged:

not particularly a game specific complaint but i guess it's more so about certain type of players?
it irks me when i'm walking back over to someone's airport after finishing a trade or whatever and like four steps out i get kicked by them ending the session. ?????. please let me just leave through the airport counter and not use the - button? i thought it's already common sense by now? sad that it happened with a couple of trades i made through the forum..

Correct me if I am wrong, but the host closing the session with the "-" button doesn't harm anyone. It's only a problem when visitors use it. That is because it teleports everyone to the airport, resets the town, and all progress since the last save is lost.

Last edited:
I am sick of fishing up stones. I am trying to FISH! If I wanted stone, I would go around my island and hit its rocks.

Same with the trash! -_- I got all the trash Nook Miles within a short amount of time, caught and donated a fly, and possibly have all of the trash recipes, so its no longer beneficial to me. How I miss ordinances. ;-;

But at least our flowers live forever. :)
Post automatically merged:

?????
Why can you decline a new DIY recipe from your crafting villagers,
but not one that you've already got
?????????
?????¿¿¿¿
IKR? It should at least be the other way around -.-

Speaking of duplicate recipes, WHY THE NOOK CAN WE NOT STORE THEM?!?!?!

I was looking forward to selling duplicates I got on here after collecting so many, but now I don't even feel like doing it because I don't want to clutter my island or my house with them.

Last edited:
I know this has probably been said before but I really hate that we basically have to trade to get different colors for items I just think that was a really stupid design choice.
Yeah. I just found out about this and I really hate it. I only know one other person who plays the game and that's very irregularly. Yes, I can trade online with random people, but that's still a pain and potentially going to expose me to griefers/hackers. Plus it basically makes it so you have to pay real money for the other furniture varieties because you need Nintendo Online now. I really hope after the wedding event is over, they bring back Cyrus in some capacity so he can customise the shop furniture for you. Otherwise I'll probably never get all the colour varieties I would like.

More custom design slots!

Also being able to change paths easily. I want to change from the red brick I've put down to a lighter one for summer but the only way to do it is to go over each path and replace each square individually. I wish there was an option to just edit current paths to save time.

The whole 'let's ask villager A if they are okay with moving' when they always are. Because what Animal Crossing needs is more pointless and endless dialogue.

To be honest, I quite like this feature! Sure, it's more pointless dialogue for most of us, but since the game is still mostly catered towards kids I think it is a nice way to teach them the importance of asking permission for certain things in life :p

Though it can get annoying at some point, sure.

I’m really upset because someone was auctioning off Audie (with the auction ending at 8:00)
I checked the page at 7:59 to make sure no one placed a bid, and no one did. This person decided to place a bid at 8:00 so she could win her. I just found out that is against the guidelines so I’m really angry that I didn’t find out earlier.

I’m really upset because someone was auctioning off Audie (with the auction ending at 8:00)
I checked the page at 7:59 to make sure no one placed a bid, and no one did. This person decided to place a bid at 8:00 so she could win her. I just found out that is against the guidelines so I’m really angry that I didn’t find out earlier.

Just report them if what they are doing is against the rules! Maybe it helps.

To be honest, I quite like this feature! Sure, it's more pointless dialogue for most of us, but since the game is still mostly catered towards kids I think it is a nice way to teach them the importance of asking permission for certain things in life :p

Though it can get annoying at some point, sure.

You have a good point. It is annoying but the idea of it sending kids the message to ask for permission does make sense.

I’m generally just sad because i haven’t had the drive to play NH in the past two weeks. i’ve probably played a total of 2 hours in these past two weeks. Everyone has reiterated all my rants in this thread, it just makes me sad now

Ive been defending this game and i also have been quite positive about it.

But my god, i did think updates wouldve come way more often and include more features...

I hate to say the game is getting boring. I still play everyday but its becoming repetitive im afraid...

So I restarted Wild World because I wanted to see some different villagers, and so I’ve been playing it lately. And wow, I just realized how right you guys are for the first time. It’s one thing if you haven’t played WW in years, but playing WW and NH back to back, it suddenly becomes super-clear which game has the more compelling and quirky dialogue between the two.

Wild World villagers are actually entertaining to talk to just for the sake of talking to. In New Horizons, talking to your villagers almost feels like a chore!

I still love New Horizons to death and unlike (seemingly) most people here, I actually adore the game and would always choose it over Wild World generally. I mean, come on. Animal Crossing has progressed amazingly. But in the villager personality department, Wild World actually wins. Despite having 6 separate personalities instead of 8, it feels like it has tons more character.

Back