• The first day of our new Mushroom Season event has passed, but things are just getting started. Read the update about changes made to the schedule, starting with day two. Be careful foraging and good luck!
  • Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

The ACNH Rant Thread

They need to make a megaphone like in New Leaf asap. I am sick of looking for visitors every day and I couldn't find Daisy Mae for a good 30 minutes just now. It'd also be handy to have for looking for your villagers also. Plus it'd be nice if you have the option to just type in the keyboard instead of talking out loud if you wanted to.

They need to make a megaphone like in New Leaf asap. I am sick of looking for visitors every day and I couldn't find Daisy Mae for a good 30 minutes just now. It'd also be handy to have for looking for your villagers also. Plus it'd be nice if you have the option to just type in the keyboard instead of talking out loud if you wanted to.
Villagers have phones, don't they? I thought for that I saw a villager with one. Anyway, what I'm thinking of is instead of the mega phone, make it possible to turn on a GPS sort of thing on your phone, so that when you look on your island map, you'll see an animal face icon of where the villagers are currently at.

I'm really missing the exterior house customization of New Leaf. It was a bit annoying to have to check everyday, but there was a greater variety of options -- now it's all the same house with different siding and color. The houses are more realistic, but more boring.

And why can't I paint a player character's house without having to upgrade? You have to have a mega mansion just to customize your house... you can't choose your room placement or size, or even your roof style. Overall, a downgrade from New Leaf and HHD.

Last edited:
I'm really missing the exterior house customization of New Leaf. It was a bit annoying to have to check everyday, but there was a greater variety of options -- now it's all the same house with different siding and color. The houses are more realistic, but more boring.

Speaking of house exterior customization, I really wish there was a white tile or white shingle roof option. The only remotely white roof is a weird eggshell beige that doesn't match many of the white doors, and it's made out of a straw-like material that doesn't go with the look of the rest of my house 😩

show.png

I can't imagine this hasn't been mentioned before, but I really don't like KK Slider hosting concerts right in front of resident services. There just doesn't seem to be anything special when he visits for me. Wild World got it right with the cozy museum cafe concerts.

And why can't I paint a player character's house without having to upgrade? You have to have a mega mansion just to customize your house... you can't choose your room placement or size, or even your roof style. Overall, a downgrade from New Leaf and HHD.
I was hoping we'd have the exteriors from New Leaf along with the ones they introduced in HHD as well, plus maybe some new ones. I loved the mushroom exterior in HHD and really wanted to use it for my own house.

I also wish we could customize the exterior without having to upgrade. In New Leaf I would make extra characters so I could turn their houses into specific buildings (like a shop/gym/bar/things like that). I can't do that in this game because most of those only need a room or two, but you can't fully change the exterior unless you upgrade more.

I wish there were way more villager interactions/games/and deliveries. It's all gotten pretty stale now. I'd love if villagers would ask you to craft something for them or would play hide and seek with you. I want to do more deliveries and solve more arguments between neighbors, but it's been a while since I've been asked to or I've stumbled upon it. I just wish their characters were much more fleshed out. I haven't done a treasure hunt in weeks now, and it seems like that is the only "game" we can play together.

I forgot about it when I made previous rant posts in this thread, but today, I went to Harv's Island and remembered...
Arbitrary lack of customization.jpg
For some reason, even though human characters have a "custom design" option under shirts and dress up, animals don't! Why is it arbitrarily disabled when choosing an animal's outfit? They can wear all custom designs fine, as Chrissy shows in this picture, so why doesn't the option appear for animals? It's dumb having to hope an animal decides to wear a certain outfit, or having to rush to Harv's Island the very same day in hopes of getting a picture of them wearing a design.

Again, the option shows up when pushing X on a human character, but randomly isn't available for animals.

While I'm at it, I also have to question why I can hide my character when taking Wedding Season pictures but yet can't any other time. I can run off-camera when taking pictures no problem, but having a way to "poof" out of existence temporarily is more handy, and the minus button's always available...

I got a crummy glitch today where I can’t enter Fang or Judy’s houses : (
I had it once when I was playing my boyfriend’s switch on his town, where most of the houses had lights on (but no chimney smoke) and most of the villagers were outside. Logging in and out fixed the issue instantly.
On mine, their lights are on, there is chimney smoke, and they are in their houses (also one of them is my crafter of course..) Restarting did not fix it, I haven’t moved any villager houses recently, and I do not time travel at all. I hope it sorts itself out later!!

Why can we only order 5 things each day. That's so arbitrary.
Same with sending gifts to friends through the dodo post cards. Why only two? Can the game not handle more or what?
Post automatically merged:

I wish there were way more villager interactions/games/and deliveries. It's all gotten pretty stale now. I'd love if villagers would ask you to craft something for them or would play hide and seek with you. I want to do more deliveries and solve more arguments between neighbors, but it's been a while since I've been asked to or I've stumbled upon it. I just wish their characters were much more fleshed out. I haven't done a treasure hunt in weeks now, and it seems like that is the only "game" we can play together.
But the villagers have to tell you tutorial dialogue, months into the game! -sighs in sadness-

I'm so annoyed with this random plot fill in I just got. I dont understand my game's thinking: I already have 3 Normal villagers on my island (coco, flurry and marina). When I went villager hunting, all I was getting were Jocks with a little Snooty and Uchi. Well, I gave up villager hunting and now it's the next day... and Savannah, which is a Normal villager, moved in! So annoyed.

Why do bushes have a specific 'blooming season'? Why cant I just look at pretty flowers all year long instead of ugly bare bushes? Who thought this was a good idea? This wasnt a thing in new leaf if I remember correctly. I planted some white azeleas near Diana's yard today to decorate and now she just has bare bushes. Little did I know azeleas only bloom April to May. I swear this game goes out of its way to make everythign as tedious and inconvenient as humanely possible for the player...

Why do bushes have a specific 'blooming season'? Why cant I just look at pretty flowers all year long instead of ugly bare bushes? Who thought this was a good idea? This wasnt a thing in new leaf if I remember correctly. I planted some white azeleas near Diana's yard today to decorate and now she just has bare bushes. Little did I know azeleas only bloom April to May. I swear this game goes out of its way to make everythign as tedious and inconvenient as humanely possible for the player...

It was also a thing in New leaf unfortunately. Only way to overcome it is to keep yourself in the blooming months via TT :( (as far as I know but maybe there are hacks)

Back