The ACNH Rant Thread

Do the spoiled turnips make more bugs appear or something?
Spoiled turnips attract both ants and flies. If I remember correctly, trash items attract flies while certain kinds of food items attract ants. Ants seem to appear more reliably so I'll look for some food items to drop instead.

Edit: It looks like the food items necessary are candy and lollipops. I'm not sure how many of those I have in storage. If necessary, I'll just drop trash items for flies instead.

Last edited:
Spoiled turnips attract both ants and flies. If I remember correctly, trash items attract flies while certain kinds of food items attract ants. Ants seem to appear more reliably so I'll look for some food items to drop instead.

Edit: It looks like the food items necessary are candy and lollipops. I'm not sure how many of those I have in storage. If necessary, I'll just drop trash items for flies instead.
Aw cool, thanks for the tips!

Every time you create a new character in ACNH, the dialogue is very excessive, especially in Happy Home Paradise. But here’s what’s more bothersome. When you first start up after paying your moving fees, the game forces you to the airport just to have a long dialogue with Lottie, not giving you any freedom at the start, followed by Tom Nook’s monologue on customization and Nook Miles Tickets.

I typically don’t like it when games make you go through loads and loads of dialogue before you have your freedom. This is part of the reason why The Indigo Disk from Pokémon Scarlet/Violet was so terrible. I don’t want Animal Crossing going this path.

i wish some of the characters in the game would learn to be quiet. they like to talk too much.

why does it seem like the characters that i dont like are the first ones to run towards me saying the name of the character that im on atm then think that im going to talk to them?

Back