• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

The ACNH Rant Thread

I really miss more interaction with the villagers
like said before in this thread the way they talk now just seems unnatural,
in New leaf I really felt like they were all very individual characters and they said different stuff more often
I also really miss playing games with them and visiting their house, or them visiting my house,
it was so cute and it was a good way to get your friendship level higher

I really miss more interaction with the villagers
like said before in this thread the way they talk now just seems unnatural,
in New leaf I really felt like they were all very individual characters and they said different stuff more often
I also really miss playing games with them and visiting their house, or them visiting my house,
it was so cute and it was a good way to get your friendship level higher

i feel the same way ): really wish their scripts were more,,, them

Trying to decide if I should spend all my Nook Miles on nmt to find Dom or save them in case someone sells him today and wants nmt.. 😵

Aah trying to get a villager I want feels like such a gamble! Scrambling to raise a decent amount of NMT but then I'm not sure if it would be a better use of the NMT to go island hopping or wait and see if a listing pops up today.

If I spend them all on islands and don't find him it would be so sad! But there's a possibility that no one will have him in boxes today either so I guess I have to wait it out. Worst case scenario I spend some island hopping at the end of the day and hopefully find a different cutie. (Not a rant about the game mechanics just venting the struggle of finding a villager without an amiibo you really want). If not today I'll get Dom eventually, oh well!

This may be a dumb complaint, but are we ever going to have up to 15 villagers in our towns again like the GameCube days? That would make things a lot more exciting, and we might not have to be so indecisive about villagers now that we could just have more.

There are 402 villagers and some we might never truly get to “meet” during our lifetime. :(

Probably just being childish, but I'm sick and tired of the villagers hinting at you being a bother. I talked to Lionel 2/3 times this morning, around 9am. Tonight, 10pm, I log on, approach him for the first time since I loaded my save to give him his daily gift, and his first words are "wow we really can't seem to stop seeing each other today" with a sad/annoyed reaction...

It kinda makes me sad everytime?
I have to say, I don't even quite understand why they would put a "limit" to how many times you could talk to a villager before they get annoyed... They could just cap the daily friendship increase without having villagers making you feel like you're stalking them and annoying them. I get that's it suppose to be like "real life relationships", and you "earn" their friendship but... This is a game... I don't go around gifting coconuts to my irl neighbours. They don't give me their shirt or ask to buy a ladybug off me either. So why do my own ig villagers have to get upset at me for wanting to befriend them?!? 😤😢

Alright thanks for coming to my rant talk. All done now ☺️

Everyone and their mother is looking for Raymond.. so why must people keep spamming the New Neighbor Network forum with individual looking for Raymond threads instead of posting in the stickied Looking For Thread?? It clogs up the forum.

Probably just being childish, but I'm sick and tired of the villagers hinting at you being a bother. I talked to Lionel 2/3 times this morning, around 9am. Tonight, 10pm, I log on, approach him for the first time since I loaded my save to give him his daily gift, and his first words are "wow we really can't seem to stop seeing each other today" with a sad/annoyed reaction...

It kinda makes me sad everytime?
I have to say, I don't even quite understand why they would put a "limit" to how many times you could talk to a villager before they get annoyed... They could just cap the daily friendship increase without having villagers making you feel like you're stalking them and annoying them. I get that's it suppose to be like "real life relationships", and you "earn" their friendship but... This is a game... I don't go around gifting coconuts to my irl neighbours. They don't give me their shirt or ask to buy a ladybug off me either. So why do my own ig villagers have to get upset at me for wanting to befriend them?!? 😤😢

Alright thanks for coming to my rant talk. All done now ☺

It makes me sad too!! I just want to talk to them every time I see them because I'm so fond of them! So when they say "oh.. you again.." or whatever, it hurts my feelings hahah :cry:.

It makes me sad too!! I just want to talk to them every time I see them because I'm so fond of them! So when they say "oh.. you again.." or whatever, it hurts my feelings hahah :cry:.

Thank you!! I'm sorry your feelings are getting hurt, but it does feel a bit nicer not to be alone in this! 🥰

Unpopular opinion: I miss watering wilted flowers. I'm so glad I don't have to constantly check and water them now in fear that they would die the next day, but I still think they could have implemented wilted flower bulbs disappearing similar to when you pluck them, instead of the entire flower disappearing the next day like in past games. I've always enjoyed watering my flowers but there's really no point now when they're fully grown all the time. I guess I could pluck them and sell them to water them but that sounds a bit tedious.

The Nook's Cranny upgrade is disappointing to me. We get double the selection of flowers, umbrellas, carpet, and wallpaper, but the one thing we all really want more selection of is barely increased. We just get one more (super expensive) piece of furniture and we're still stuck with two furniture being locked as table items. I hope we eventually get Nookingtons in an update with a large furniture showroom on both floors.

I gave a villager a fitting catchphrase and now two villagers are just repeating it. 💀

Miranda is a duck, so her catchphrase is quackulous. Etoile is a sheep, so why does she use quackulous too?! It's an issue in New Leaf, yet another one Nintendo didn't fix.

wish we were able to create buildings instead of having to create another account and upgrade the home to use it

Same! I wanna make an island based off my village, which includes a church and a bakers. I don't want to make two other accounts just to have that.

Back