• Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

Mafia The Quest for King - Mafia | Game Thread | GAME OVER

I’ll be honest I’m not 100% clear on what the King does, so I probably shouldn’t be your first pick.
my understanding is that whoever is elected as king chooses someone to kill at night
& they also can't die for that night

my understanding is that whoever is elected as king chooses someone to kill at night
& they also can't die for that night
Yeah, you basically got it right. The king gets to choose who to elim once night rolls around, and is immune to being killed. They are not, however, immune to other actions that may befall them.

Yeah voting this early when we can only change once is not a good move.

Forcing oath into the spotlight and making a decision might be a better way of reading them then trying to sort through his joke posts which usually null. This logic applies to any hard to read player
Post automatically merged:

I was expecting a little more of an entrance from gabby. Oh well
I wouldn't say I'm joke-posting. I'd argue you're going off old meta here. You 'n' Ness have both kinda made comments on old meta but like

I legit haven't played mafia in years. I'm not sussing you even lightly for this but like, that's

I mean I understand the logic but I wouldn’t say I agree with it, I think a simpler method would be having a town player elected as king and have Oath be on a list of potential elims. Extreme example but yeah, doesn’t feel great to hand people we don’t know much about or trust yet the kill.
What, as opposed to having a mafia player be elected king?

I legit haven't played mafia in years. I'm not sussing you even lightly for this but like, that's not exactly my play-style.
Quoting to finish the sentence I failed to finish typing because I just got home and have been bouncing from site to site

Also yeah like Volt mentioned there's oldhead terminology that got tossed like scum and lynch, if @Chris has a spare moment or if someone who knows can share the recommended terms that would be fantastic
"Lynch" and "scum" were words member asked us to remove from TBT Mafia.

• Instead of "lynch" please use elimination.
  • Instead of "scum" please use "mafia".

I wouldn't say I'm joke-posting. I'd argue you're going off old meta here. You 'n' Ness have both kinda made comments on old meta but like

I legit haven't played mafia in years. I'm not sussing you even lightly for this but like, that's

What, as opposed to having a mafia player be elected king?

Quoting to finish the sentence I failed to finish typing because I just got home and have been bouncing from site to site
Okay that’s fair

can you talk about this more? that seems like an interesting observation, but I have no idea what could've given you that impression
sure, in particular i find these two lines to be what make me think that:

Gut instinct is that Kat (Artstotzkan) and ShinyDungeoneer are town and that Kat/Tessa are mafia. Cheers :lemon:

Ah rather that Oath/Tessa are mafia. Cheers again!
I lean mafia for Tessa. She seems desperate, like she's trying to find a finger to point (the shiny moment comes to mind).Which I get, we do need evidence for day one, but the level of it feels overblown to me. I feel like she's trying to get cozy in damniel's pocket too; I don't remember her having much of a novel opinion beyond his.
tessa avoiding answering both makes me think one of these is a bus— from mafia games i’ve played on other sites i’ve noticed 9 times out of 10 the town is a little more desperate to prove themselves; on the other hand the mafia try to separate themselves from their team mates. i also might be being paranoid, but arstozkan seemed a little eager to jump on ness’ read.

atm, i have a hard townread on damniel, but i think someone like volt or trent would be a more interesting king pick. i’ll think more on today before deciding who to vote.

So far, I'm still trying to gather evidence. Nothing so far is standing out as a noteworthy post that I could use to help everyone else, but I'll keep looking!

At this point Jacob and Geoni are the only ones who haven’t posted at all yet and that’s unfortunate since I’m very interested in their opinions. not really a fan of the lackluster posts from Gabby so far, really just no effort or commentary? No offense but the king role is described in the OP, so it might just be lack of interest

Chris has posted but not in a player sense, so I think we need their input too. Those 4 players I really want to hear more from

I think I’d be most likely to vote Tessa or Volt for king. I don’t think I’d vote for Ness or Arotzskan since I’m neither convinced they’re town or think their kingship would say much. I would still def not vote Trent bc I both hard disagree on killing off no one and him doing so would not give any information since he’s forced himself to that position regardless of alignment

Trent is probably town but still would not vote D1. Maybe later on

tessa avoiding answering both makes me think one of these is a bus— from mafia games i’ve played on other sites i’ve noticed 9 times out of 10 the town is a little more desperate to prove themselves; on the other hand the mafia try to separate themselves from their team mates. i also might be being paranoid, but arstozkan seemed a little eager to jump on ness’ read.
bussing is generally a bad play in general, but I especially don't see a need to bus when there's no majority voting? A mafia forcing a red read on their teammate when they don't have to kill them at all sounds like an unoptimal play. I don't think this would be bussing

Last edited:

atm, i have a hard townread on damniel, but i think someone like volt or trent would be a more interesting king pick. i’ll think more on today before deciding who to vote.
ah I see

that's definitely an interesting theory and has some merit, though I'm a little hesitant to believe it's true rn because I found some of Tessa's posts slightly townie

I don't think Tessa avoiding answering the posts makes it a bus, but it's possible that Astozkan jumping on Ness' read could be her taking advantage of their wrong idea to push a townie

can you talk about this more? that seems like an interesting observation, but I have no idea what could've given you that impression
ty i like this post
I’ll be honest I’m not 100% clear on what the King does, so I probably shouldn’t be your first pick.
uhhh thats probably something you should read up on

i must say i am savoring this inactivity. i love a slow game and since im so busy rn it makes catching up easier

i had an awakening
can you elaborate

idk why i would reply to their wolfreads lol, but i wouldn't say thats indicative that i'm town. mafia will intentionally ignore wolfreads to play it cool bc responding strongly to prove themselves is just giving an unnecessary reaction. often times strong reads as well are bait.

i would argue that a ness/kat pocket is occurring though, so your main idea is still valid. i dont know their meta or history playing together though so i wonder if that is part of it. otherwise its still pretty weird
At this point Jacob and Geoni are the only ones who haven’t posted at all yet and that’s unfortunate since I’m very interested in their opinions
watchout geoni wall post will occur and the entire course of the game will change lol

it sucks when trent is always a tr for me but i dont want to give him power bc i disagree on method of play smh

Back