• Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

Mafia The Quest for King - Mafia | Game Thread | GAME OVER

What would unbiased evidence look like?
Evidence against a person presented and gathered in a way that makes it so I am not biased towards townreading anyone. For example, if someone, say, Oath, jumped on a bandwagon of voting someone, say, Tessa, without thinking, I would take note of that and consider that sus.

You, mister paladin, pick a god and pray. I, a godless ginger, pick my wins and wear them on my fuzzy royal cape
Lady Naga guide us

ok but genuinely on kill vs no kill day one, ik a huge part of the meta in buckshot roulette is falling on the right parity and proceeding from there (you always want to be on the odd numbered round). That could be a good way of determining if we want to kill or no kill? If we assume 1KP from the evils?

Honestly I'm not sure were are at a 1 KP. We've got enough players that if we wanna theorycraft, there's potentially 3 evils in my mind plus the king elim. Ultimately I think no elim night gives us more, but I cannot deny that if we have 3 mafia = 2 KP there's ways it can be hidden/obscured. There's also power roles to maybe factor in and I'm not certain how wild Trundle would get here, so maybe we just have some basic PR at most? It's all stuff to consider which is partially why I inquired a little bit about how the king role works.

Trent the Paladin will wait patiently for his justice, but only for one day/night cycle. After that, he will enter the fray.

but does no king worldview = no elimination worldview imo they're very different things to vote on
if anything this is good bc my bloodshed agenda is finally getting to trent
Regardless of alignment, Trent has put himself in a position where people expect him to vote for no one if king. I don’t think kinging him would give us any information at all
as somebody who strongly pushes wolfreads d1 i actually agree. this is me realizing that behavior is why i always lose with town lmao
Most wolf reads early on are mostly throwing stuff at a wall and seeing what sticks. I think finding town and building trust is a much stronger tactic. Process of elimination is a strong tool

Evidence against a person presented and gathered in a way that makes it so I am not biased towards townreading anyone. For example, if someone, say, Oath, jumped on a bandwagon of voting someone, say, Tessa, without thinking, I would take note of that and consider that sus.
Is there more to your method here, would kinda insist on just joining myself and others in poking and prodding if so. You don't exactly need to vocalize town reads but it would be ideal to not sit back and watch. Folks are just going to hone in on that and it will probably derail day.

Is there more to your method here, would kinda insist on just joining myself and others in poking and prodding if so. You don't exactly need to vocalize town reads but it would be ideal to not sit back and watch. Folks are just going to hone in on that and it will probably derail day.
No, my strategy is to try and fly under the radar by staying neutral, no biases, sit on sidelines and gather evidence. Basically, my strategy is to be antisocial for a benefit of possibly not dying.

No, my strategy is to try and fly under the radar by staying neutral, no biases, sit on sidelines and gather evidence. Basically, my strategy is to be antisocial for a benefit of possibly not dying.
A bit anti-town, but I can't argue when I want to be king for 1) a bit 2) live past day one.

Is that necessarily inherently suspicious though? What if Oath jumped on Tessa as a play to get reactions? What if Oath was just genuinely really busy and felt the vote was important but didn't have enough time to say something before end of day?

For something to be unbiased, it can't have an opinion, I'd posit. I feel like you'd need to just have a list of post from everyone in order to be truly unbiased, to let them speak in context of their own posts, but then that doesn't really help with finding information because that's just the entire thread. And if you don't have bias in your own posts, how are we supposed to read you? Town information gathering is finding how who stood by the innocent and who stood by the guilty, and you sacrifice any ability to do that on yourself when you act completely neutral. And then there's the idea of "not biased towards townreading anyone" but that doesn't include the exclusive of bias against mafiareading people when they do townie behavior.

For the record, I'm not sus of you for this, I just don't follow your logic here.
Honestly I'm not sure were are at a 1 KP.
Y'know, fair point, I completely forgot about variable KP. 3 maf sounds right in my head, and a maf king could totally lie about killing someone when they didn't. Or use their delayed kill for someone else to claim an attack + heal.

Hey Trundle, does Mafia KP work the same in this game as it historically has (KP = maf left/2, rounded up)?

Last edited by a moderator:
A bit anti-town, but I can't argue when I want to be king for 1) a bit 2) live past day one.
I'm not trying to be anti-town, I'm just trying to help from afar. That way, even if mafia tries to come after me, I could serve as a decoy of sorts while everyone else finds evidence so they can find the mafia.

Regardless of alignment, Trent has put himself in a position where people expect him to vote for no one if king. I don’t think kinging him would give us any information at all

Most wolf reads early on are mostly throwing stuff at a wall and seeing what sticks. I think finding town and building trust is a much stronger tactic. Process of elimination is a strong tool
yeah if we agree on no vote i think mafia would just vote someone that isnt posting much or someone slightly mafia looking. like mafia wouldnt try to do mind games at all and bc i think voting for king wouldnt give as much info as your usual chop vote

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm not trying to be anti-town, I'm just trying to help from afar. That way, even if mafia tries to come after me, I could serve as a decoy of sorts while everyone else finds evidence so they can find the mafia.
But why would they come after you when if anything your behavior helps them blend or lead? You are a decoy yes, but you serve the mafia in that regard.

if you wanna be a decoy, when I'm maf, I prioritize killing the chatty ones over the right ones

i think overall questioning shiny isnt getting anything because they are just a bit unfamiliar with the game and its not swaying one way or the other

yeah if we agree on no vote i think mafia would just vote someone that isnt posting much or someone slightly mafia looking. like mafia wouldnt try to do mind games at all and bc i think voting for king wouldnt give as much info as your usual chop vote
I think a king killing an inactive/low hanging fruit is better than killing no one. Leaving those types of players alive at the end is always risky since they tend to become the center of attention when there’s so much more that can be discussed. They can always be town and mafia will leave them alive for the purposes of using them to derail

i think overall questioning shiny isnt getting anything because they are just a bit unfamiliar with the game and its not swaying one way or the other
agree that their current opinion isn't alignment indicative, but I do think its important to help them out. Especially if we are going to have more than 1 mafia game this year

Nothing about shiny has particular pinged me yet. Not really bothered by anything so far. Self preservation is a pretty fundamental desire

But why would they come after you when if anything your behavior helps them blend or lead? You are a decoy yes, but you serve the mafia in that regard.
I could be gathering evidence to present against them. If I present it, I could pose a threat to their survival and possibly get them voted off. Then they would try to come after me to silence me and get rid of an evidence resource.

So 1 KP? Plus the king's potential and maybe one PR? That would make sense for balancing in my mind

No, it does not.
cats-what.gif

I think a king killing an inactive/low hanging fruit is better than killing no one. Leaving those types of players alive at the end is always risky since they tend to become the center of attention when there’s so much more that can be discussed. They can always be town and mafia will leave them alive for the purposes of using them to derail
always down for policy chops ngl

Back