• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

The Resetting Thread

IM IN SHOCK MY 100'S OF RESETS HAVE PAID OFF OMG

Amazing layout & the villagers are!!!

Tia!!!!!!
Timbra!!!
Stitches!!!
Tangy!!!
Rod :)

Its good because i can keep going back and forth between Azalea and This new town to trade items and fruit etc ^^

I think I'm done restarting my 3rd town. It's a pretty decent layout with Molly, Erik, Flip, Ankha and Chow as starters. Of course I got Erik, Zell, Fang, Merry and Francine one time. . I think I may still have a restarting problem.

I'm having a debate on myself on whether or not I should restart my current town. I have three of my dreamies living in it, along with all the fossils and most of the fish in the museum. Not to mention I've paid off most of my house and have gotten all but the last T&T upgrade, but I never see Gracie, so maybe it's a good idea. If I do end up resetting my town, I want to practice with moving villager houses so I can place them where I want in my new town. Such a hard decision though...

I've put so much time and effort into my village I can't even fathom resetting at this point, though I have mulled over the idea of getting a second copy of the game to cycle with. I doubt I will though because if I start cycling that means that I will get the villagers that I want faster which means I will be tempted to time travel to make room for them in my main town. After that I just don't see the point. The entire fun part of the game for me is putting time and effort in to making my town the way I want it to be and getting the villagers that I like. After I have accomplished that, there is really no point for me to continue playing.

I got the game about a week before my brother. He is very impatient by nature and immediately began time traveling to get everything to the point where he had T&T Emporium while I was still on T&T Mart even though we both played every day and I had started before him. About a month or so in he started complaining that the game was boring and he had nothing left to do and asked me how I seemed to stay interested, and I suggested that he stop time traveling.

To me, resetting seems like the same thing as time traveling- all reward with no work. This to me is uninteresting because the game for me is about the journey of getting my town to where I want it to be. Its the same thing when I play pokeman. Having all the pokeman in itself is not fun for me, I got all the fun out of the journey of going out and collecting them all, not possessing them all in the end.

For me, if I was unhappy with my town for whatever reason, it would be more fun to just work to make my current town what I want it to be rather than start over with a clean slate.

Last edited:
IM IN SHOCK MY 100'S OF RESETS HAVE PAID OFF OMG

Amazing layout & the villagers are!!!

Tia!!!!!!
Timbra!!!
Stitches!!!
Tangy!!!
Rod :)

Congratulations!
I haven't been on for like two weeks and there's posts everywhere ! I'll try to stay online more often now. :) But good luck to everyone resetting! I'd help if I had a town myself...

Congratulations!
I haven't been on for like two weeks and there's posts everywhere ! I'll try to stay online more often now. :) But good luck to everyone resetting! I'd help if I had a town myself...

Thanks, i hope your town turns out fab!
Octavian has moved in and Marshal is moving in, so im finding this town fabby :)

Oof, hello, everyone! I just bought a second copy of ACNL yesterday; I've been resetting it since about... 9:30 PM last night. I wouldn't dream of resetting my first town, since I've put so much effort and love into it (though I don't have many dreamies in it). Since I have a trillion dreamies, I decided to get a second copy. I've reset well over a hundred times now, and it's tiring as hell...

At first, I was unsure with what exactly I wanted. I almost settled on a town with Gladys and Whitney, but ended up forcing myself to restart that one. I want Freya so badly it's literally nearly physically painful. I contemplate trading for her, but why do that when I can just keep trying with resets and keep working my tail off to get her in the first 5 villagers?

I've gotten Whitney 6 times now. I've seen quite a few "top tier" villagers (Stitches twice, Ankha 3 times, Tia once, Fang a couple times). I love Whitney, but I decided that I really liked Freya's bright colors more.

I really hope I get her soon -- I've seen countless amazing maps, yet all of the neighbors have been duds on them. It's getting stressful and all I do all day is reset, reset, reset. (I might have an unhealthy obsession.) I barely touched my main game today because I'm trying so hard to get Freya ;_;

I know it's pointless to ask when you guys think I'll get her, because it's ultimately up to the RNG gods. I'm just really tired of seeing Whitney or other dreamies only to have to reset because Freya isn't there. u_u (I also have the problem that almost all of my dreamies have like the same 3 personalities...)

Anyway, suffice it to say, the second copy was the way to go, and I'm even contemplating a third now (oh god I don't even have money for that). But I really am tired of resetting. ): I just hope I get Freya soon.

So, I've been considering resetting my primary town, and letting my villagers move to my sisters copy of acnl until I can obtain them in the "new" town. The problem is I have all my dreamies and it'd be a huge hassle to bring them back, get all my shops/exhibits restored, etc. I'm mostly considering this because of how it genuinely annoys me with how none of my villager homes line up. It just makes my town feel very messy and makes me somewhat frustrated every time I play lately. I've played my copy though since practically the day it came out and resetting seems like a huge choice to make. :/ I'm also switching ds' in a few days so maybe I could just restart the two together? Dunno.

Anyone have any thoughts on the matter?

Last edited:
Oof, hello, everyone! I just bought a second copy of ACNL yesterday; I've been resetting it since about... 9:30 PM last night. I wouldn't dream of resetting my first town, since I've put so much effort and love into it (though I don't have many dreamies in it). Since I have a trillion dreamies, I decided to get a second copy. I've reset well over a hundred times now, and it's tiring as hell...

At first, I was unsure with what exactly I wanted. I almost settled on a town with Gladys and Whitney, but ended up forcing myself to restart that one. I want Freya so badly it's literally nearly physically painful. I contemplate trading for her, but why do that when I can just keep trying with resets and keep working my tail off to get her in the first 5 villagers?

I've gotten Whitney 6 times now. I've seen quite a few "top tier" villagers (Stitches twice, Ankha 3 times, Tia once, Fang a couple times). I love Whitney, but I decided that I really liked Freya's bright colors more.

I really hope I get her soon -- I've seen countless amazing maps, yet all of the neighbors have been duds on them. It's getting stressful and all I do all day is reset, reset, reset. (I might have an unhealthy obsession.) I barely touched my main game today because I'm trying so hard to get Freya ;_;

I know it's pointless to ask when you guys think I'll get her, because it's ultimately up to the RNG gods. I'm just really tired of seeing Whitney or other dreamies only to have to reset because Freya isn't there. u_u (I also have the problem that almost all of my dreamies have like the same 3 personalities...)

Anyway, suffice it to say, the second copy was the way to go, and I'm even contemplating a third now (oh god I don't even have money for that). But I really am tired of resetting. ): I just hope I get Freya soon.

I got freya from plot resetting before but I wanted marshal bad so i didn't let her move in. If you really want her do you want me to try and buy her for you when she's up for auction?

I got freya from plot resetting before but I wanted marshal bad so i didn't let her move in. If you really want her do you want me to try and buy her for you when she's up for auction?

Ah! I can actually pay myself, I just don't know how... Any of this works, really! I finally settled on my town and got some really lucky ones that people might want, I just have no idea where to look now besides having posted in the official trading thread XD; If you could help direct me or anything however, that would be lovely! And thank you so much in advance, you're very sweet ;u;
[Sorry for being OT!]

Honestly just dont give up!!
i was looking for Tangy, and gave up towns with Ankha&Stitches in at the same time, and loads with Merengue in
it payed off, it took days and about 500 resets, but i ended up getting Tangy, and Stitches & Tia too
so just dont give up and if the town doesnt feel amazing straight away its not the right one

Just looked in your signature and you got Fang, Ankha & Erik.. good going!

Last edited:
I had a friend who was considering doing it himself, but I was like..... that is hours, no wait!!! days and months of your life!!!! Then he just kinda looked at me and was like a deer in headlights with the shock of realization at my statement.

Edited: Sprinkle aint moving in now aww
so ill reset for a good uchi :p
and leave the 9th to be natural

Last edited:
Do you all think this sounds a silly idea
I will be getting Sprinkle as my 8th villager off a lovely forum user today, so she will move in in a few days
A few days after my 9th will arrive.. an uchi..
My dream uchi is Mira.. however i feel by getting her my new town is getting too perfect too soon? and i like to have something to work on? i will already have Tia, Tangy, Stitches, Marshal, Octavian & Sprinkle.. all villagers i really love, so where can i go from there?
Instead i plan on letting it just be natural and whatever uchi moves in dealing with it
This means i will be able to free up spots more easily as i will be willing to let them move and one day i will have Mira
If i get Mira, that means only Rod will be able to move, as i do quite like Timbra and shes a sheep hm :p
It will just make me have more to work for in this town idk
You already have two of my dreamies! I'm so jelly ;u;
But if I were you, I would keep going! Even if you don't get Mira, you can always buy her from someone if you want, or just keep going naturally. It depends on how much you really want her. If you really, really want to stick with going naturally, and you don't get Mira, just do anything you can to avoid thinking about her. You never know; there are a lot of uchi villagers I've had that I didn't like at first, but over time I began to love them so much I almost considered adding them as replacement dream villagers !
If you really want Mira and won't settle for anyone else, though, I would go ahead and try to get her from someone. After all, the game isn't forcing you to play naturally, and if it wanted you to I don't think Nintendo would have allowed people to Time Travel.
In the end, it's really up to how much you want Mira. Good luck though!

You already have two of my dreamies! I'm so jelly ;u;
But if I were you, I would keep going! Even if you don't get Mira, you can always buy her from someone if you want, or just keep going naturally. It depends on how much you really want her. If you really, really want to stick with going naturally, and you don't get Mira, just do anything you can to avoid thinking about her. You never know; there are a lot of uchi villagers I've had that I didn't like at first, but over time I began to love them so much I almost considered adding them as replacement dream villagers !
If you really want Mira and won't settle for anyone else, though, I would go ahead and try to get her from someone. After all, the game isn't forcing you to play naturally, and if it wanted you to I don't think Nintendo would have allowed people to Time Travel.
In the end, it's really up to how much you want Mira. Good luck though!

Who are you dreamies c:
I am not getting Sprinkle now as she got voided by accident, so i am going to plot reset for Mira tomorow (i still dont and never will tt)
Then when my 9th villager comes a few days later, im not going to do anything and allow them to be a complete random villager, who i could detest or grow to like :)

So, I've been considering resetting my primary town, and letting my villagers move to my sisters copy of acnl until I can obtain them in the "new" town. The problem is I have all my dreamies and it'd be a huge hassle to bring them back, get all my shops/exhibits restored, etc. I'm mostly considering this because of how it genuinely annoys me with how none of my villager homes line up. It just makes my town feel very messy and makes me somewhat frustrated every time I play lately. I've played my copy though since practically the day it came out and resetting seems like a huge choice to make. :/ I'm also switching ds' in a few days so maybe I could just restart the two together? Dunno.

Anyone have any thoughts on the matter?

I've learned that no town, no matter what I do, will ever be completely perfect; there will always be even one tiny flaw that any person can find about anyone's town. But how you wrote your dilemma makes it sound like you don't have a second copy (I don't know if you really do or not). If you don't, I would recommend buying one (if you're really that torn between restarting), or, if you have one without a town on it, try getting another one there and seeing if you would like the idea of restarting better.
If the house placement is really bugging you, and if you have all of your dreamies obtained, note that you will never be able to fix it unless you trade out your dreamies. Try weighing the pros and cons; you'll lose everything if you restart, but the house placement will at least be fixed. If you can motivate yourself enough to get an awesome town again, I would say go for the reset! But if you're just a bit concerned with the houses, I honestly think that you would regret restarting, although it depends on how much you love your town. Sure, one thing might be fixed, but are you willing to obtain every shop you lost, every villager you worked for, every goal you completed?
I recommend anyone considering restarting to weigh the pros and cons first, along with other options, before making a firm decision.
Feel free to take as long as needed to make up your mind, and I'm sure the answer will come to you eventually. :)

Back