• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

The Resetting Thread

Ugh, I've been wondering whether or not I want to reset my main town... :/ The map is too small and I feel like everything is too cramped + have poor placement. Problem is, I have almost ALL of my dreamies already, and a ton of items and bells that would need to be transferred, AND my main street is completely finished, with my museum not that far behind it. I'd have to find a lot of patient people to hold my items & bells, and all 8 of
my dreamies.. My town as a whole is still a WIP, which is why I'm contemplating resetting .. I don't want to do more work on my town unless I come to a decision of whether or not I want to reset. My cycling town has an amazing map so it makes me want my main town to have a similar map. & No, I can't just make my cycling town my new main town haha. Any advice for me? >: You can visit my dream address if you wanna see how my town is at the moment. :p

I restarted my town earlier and I like my town. The only neighbor I am not to sure about is Clay, but on the bright side, I got Rudy, Opal, Penelope and... STATIC.

Ugh, I've been wondering whether or not I want to reset my main town... :/ The map is too small and I feel like everything is too cramped + have poor placement. Problem is, I have almost ALL of my dreamies already, and a ton of items and bells that would need to be transferred, AND my main street is completely finished, with my museum not that far behind it. I'd have to find a lot of patient people to hold my items & bells, and all 8 of
my dreamies.. My town as a whole is still a WIP, which is why I'm contemplating resetting .. I don't want to do more work on my town unless I come to a decision of whether or not I want to reset. My cycling town has an amazing map so it makes me want my main town to have a similar map. & No, I can't just make my cycling town my new main town haha. Any advice for me? >: You can visit my dream address if you wanna see how my town is at the moment. :p
I won't visit your DC, but if you don't like that map, well, that can never be changed unless you reset. With your dreamies, there are so many cycling threads that once day they'll come back. Items and bells can be hold, and I'm sure there are lots of patient people on here (including me <3) In the end, it's all up to you. But, if you decide not to reset now, you may end up hating your town more, and by then, you'll have put so much effort into your town, dreamies and stuff... well, it may be virtually impossible to tear yourself away from that extra effort you put in since you last wanted to reset. Your choice :)

I restarted my town earlier and I like my town. The only neighbor I am not to sure about is Clay, but on the bright side, I got Rudy, Opal, Penelope and... STATIC.
CLAY <33 He's a qt haha

Glad you're happy with your reset though :)

Pashmina is moving into my town tomorrow. I feel good about it because I've always wanted a deer in my town, and I never got one in my last town.

Last Town Had:
Aurora, Flora, Bluebear (Moved) Maple, Bones, Nana, Scooty, Muffy, and Marina.
I focused to much to get all my dreams (luckily, I never paid for any, just switched villagers)

For this town, I am just planning to only have a few. Mainly Aurora and Bones, so I don't have to worry about getting on everyday and make sure no one is moving. I'm going to play like I've always done. Breed Flowers, and Welcome new Villagers.

Day 4 of my new town, and I am still ?ber happy with it! If you're going to reset, just keep resetting until you're 100% happy. Don't compromise for anything.
-----
I thought Pashmina was a goat. :u

Think I'm going to restart. I've had fun in this town, but after trying for the past couple days, I just don't think the layout is gonna work for PWP and such. And my neighbors are all pretty bad.

Gonna be really picky about my layout and starting five this time.

My 365 day challenge has ended, my DS decided to try skydiving, smacked itself on the cupboard corner and out pops my ACNL card.
Goodbye town, farewell Jap DLC. I will buy you again one day.

Don't know if I'll bother starting a new file, maybe in a few days. Might even cheat and start from Jan 1st again and catch up... so many island visits to do again >.<

Last edited:
Day 4 of my new town, and I am still ?ber happy with it! If you're going to reset, just keep resetting until you're 100% happy. Don't compromise for anything.
-----
I thought Pashmina was a goat. :u

That is what I meant -.-
My mistake :p

My 365 day challenge has ended, my DS decided to try skydiving, smacked itself on the cupboard corner and out pops my ACNL card.
Goodbye town, farewell Jap DLC. I will buy you again one day.

Don't know if I'll bother starting a new file, maybe in a few days. Might even cheat and start from Jan 1st again and catch up... so many island visits to do again >.<

What was the challenge exactly?

OMG. I do not know what is with my town, first Static, and now I'm getting Colton (randomly moving in) Why am I getting these popular villagers? (Although I did want Colton at first)

Finally! I have finished resetting! I am now in a town I hope to keep for a year.
I'm glad I don't have to sit with Rover again.

I got Kevin, Sydney, Eloise, Deli and Roscoe.
No-one popular, but I do like Kevin, Sydney and Eloise. <3

So while resetting for my 2nd town (i am going to make one as soon as i get a good town im ready :D)
i got one with Ankha and Stitches! both greeted me off the station
but the others were Cesar, Moose & Gladys :L

Hopefully i find one with some of my dreamies ^^ i dont mind taking days as i have my main town anyway

AHHH, so ive been resetting more, and i've found one with a pretty good layout
The villagers are:

Alice, Ankha, Felicity, Ribbot & Elvis
do i keep it!
ahhh what to do

Edit: i really didnt like where retail was, and since i already have a main town i love, i might aswell keep trying, no harm done

Last edited:
Back