• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

The Resetting Thread

SO! I'm convinced. I just restarted and, after cycling through maps for over an hour, I found one that I find really charming and I think I'll love living in. By comparison, the river is much, much more wild, there's 2 ponds (as opposed to the 3 I had, though I wish it had 4) and I'm about to find out what villagers live there. :3 If you're curious as to what map layout I chose, it's the one that's in the 3rd column, 1st row, A2. :3

http://24.media.tumblr.com/ced374bfeb89bdbc91b72bcd97a5dcd9/tumblr_mo7p62s89d1svownfo4_1280.png

I'm thinking of putting a nice little garden in that "land island" next to my house, which will also go there. (I'd like to put a second house just north of the waterfall!) I've read a couple people have had problems with this river layout, but it fits my style wonderfully. (I want a really rural town. :3) The only thing I regret about it is the beach ramp is sideways on the south side, but I'm not going to sit here and restart an insane amount of times just to get a ramp that runs North-South. ^^" If it bothers me that much I'll go get a new copy of the game and restart on that one.

Wow.. I let Merengue move out after 44 days. I think she'll send me her picture when she leaves.
No wait.
Hoping.

Merengue is moving out :OO i thought you'd keep her forever
Ill be letting villagers move out more on this file than Azalea i reckon..
I know i'll be keeping a few forever though

Merengue is moving out :OO i thought you'd keep her forever
Ill be letting villagers move out more on this file than Azalea i reckon..
I know i'll be keeping a few forever though
Ah, she's cute and all, but a pic is good enough for me, aha. I wanna see how many villagers I can have in my town ;)

Is there anyone you will be keeping?
I know ill definitely keep Tangy & Molly..
Not currently, no... If Ozzie, Flurry or Apple move in they will stay for ages, apart from that, byee~ (unless other villagers grow on me)

I reset once more today, hopefully my last time. Loved the layout so much, knew exactly where I wanted to place my house. Right by the cliff near the dock ramp.

I find a little surprise.

THE FRIGGEN GEM ROCK.

So, now because of that piece o shoot my house is two spaces lower than what I wanted and I have to walk around my tent to get down the ramp.

Last edited:
I reset once more today, hopefully my last time. Loved the layout so much, knew exactly where I wanted to place my house. Right by the cliff near the dock ramp.

THE FRIGGEN GEM ROCK.

So, now because of that piece o shoot my house is two spaces lower than what I wanted and I have to walk around my tent to get down the ramp.

That sucks </3

45 days into my town! :) Going strong so far.

THE FRIGGEN GEM ROCK.

Aw, I'm sorry about that. :( </3

After two days of resetting, I've FINALLY found my perfect map!

000H YEAA.jpg
(Where I'm standing is where I decided to place my house)

- Re-tail is in an awesome spot: literally a straight run up from the dock.
- I was aiming for a private beach and south facing waterfall and baby look at that
- Plaza and town hall are close by each other but still out of the way.
- Cherries (anything but pears or oranges)
- Wasn't aiming for this, but I also got my favorite type of grass!

Basically I'm in love. :D

(Literally my only con is my villagers - I had a few I was hoping to get and found none. Oh well, more will come and they can move out. Hamlet is a lil cutie though)

I'm really considering to reset... I started to game in rush-mode and now I really regret some of the places I chose to put some of the PWP (like the police station and caf?) and I don't know, I love my villagers I'm just not happy with my town layout :( but then again I've got most of my dreamies and I don't know what to do...!

Any ideas? I was considering getting a second copy to put my dreamies there until I got the town I wanted and then getting them back.. but I think that'd be such a huge hass to do... not sure aaahh HELPZ lol.

Last edited:
I'm really considering to reset... I started to game in rush-mode and now I really regret some of the places I chose to put some of the PWP (like the police station and caf?) and I don't know, I love my villagers I'm just not happy with my town layout :( but then again I've got most of my dreamies and I don't know what to do...!

Any ideas? I was considering getting a second copy to put my dreamies there until I got the town I wanted and then getting them back.. but I think that'd be such a huge hass to do... not sure aaahh HELPZ lol.
There are loads of cycling threads that you can use to get your dreamies back, and the layout and those pwps are permanent so will never change. Go for it, reset.

Decided to reset my town :} I want it to be quite similar to my current/previous town (as of posting this I haven't reset yet) but I want a kind of fresh start??? I'm getting rid of most things that I can get again, only keeping stuff I won't be bothered to find again/unable to get again, like DLC. My layout has annoyed me for a while so I want a new place :}

I have also realised how much stuff I actually have and how long it's taking to organise it all o_O

Goodness gracious me.
I reset my town again and now I can't find a good map. I keep resetting and I can't stop!!

Now i cant honestly ever imagine deleting either of my towns i love them both so much
Eventually you will get a town like that!

Now i cant honestly ever imagine deleting either of my towns i love them both so much
Eventually you will get a town like that!

Hopefully! I've never had a feeling where I completely love my town.
I'm now determined to get a good map that I will keep! :D

Back