• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

The Resetting Thread

Thank you for your suggestions and helpful advice. I really appreciate it, but sadly I didn't have the Dream Suite constructed yet in my old town.
I ended up Googling the subject and looked at a bunch of maps on here to see what kinds of things I liked in a town layout. Basically, I wanted something that had a decent amount of space, so I would be able to build necessary PwPs like the cafe and police station, and still have room for other ones as well.
Then I restarted and settled on this map, which I think has a good deal of space, even though the river is a bit windier than I'd like it to be. I really like the villagers, though, especially Diana and Kiki, and I'm really happy with the town fruit because it's one I haven't had in previous. Plus, I don't feel like I'll really have to worry about that much about putting up PwPs here, especially once some of the villagers start moving out.
I would still really appreciate your opinion, though. Do you think this map has a good layout?
https://scontent-b-mia.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-frc3/t1/1780785_459725770821689_167745125_n.jpg

Typically I'd think one with a town tree in the middle would be better but that's pretty good

I want to reset my file again.​

My DC: 4900-3317-6827. Please check it ;w;

Do you think my town sucks and that it should be wiped out from existence? I'm bored of ACNL but I don't even know.

Last edited:
I recently resetted my town after a couple weeks of game play. I had no idea what I was doing and my first town was a complete mess. I am quite happy with my map now - even though my villagers had decided to move into the most annoying spots.

Last edited:
Is it reeeaaally worth getting a second copy of the game? I mean wasting 30 quid on another copy seems eeh.
but I would wanna help people get dreamies and stuff...ooh decisions decisions :c

Thank you for your suggestions and helpful advice. I really appreciate it, but sadly I didn't have the Dream Suite constructed yet in my old town.
I ended up Googling the subject and looked at a bunch of maps on here to see what kinds of things I liked in a town layout. Basically, I wanted something that had a decent amount of space, so I would be able to build necessary PwPs like the cafe and police station, and still have room for other ones as well.
Then I restarted and settled on this map, which I think has a good deal of space, even though the river is a bit windier than I'd like it to be. I really like the villagers, though, especially Diana and Kiki, and I'm really happy with the town fruit because it's one I haven't had in previous. Plus, I don't feel like I'll really have to worry about that much about putting up PwPs here, especially once some of the villagers start moving out.
I would still really appreciate your opinion, though. Do you think this map has a good layout?
https://scontent-b-mia.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-frc3/t1/1780785_459725770821689_167745125_n.jpg

You could always just visit peoples' towns instead of going to dream towns. There are plenty of people looking for visitors in the Train Station forum and you could also make a new thread explaining the situation and see who bites.

That map isn't bad. o: There's plenty of space to work with and it would be reasonably easy to access everywhere with some well-placed bridges. The only part that might be hard to utilize is the really skinny bit at the very top right of the map. Is the split beach to your liking? How about the placement of Town Hall/Retail? Town fruit is a bonus. I wouldn't consider specific starter villagers to be a necessity because villagers come and go, especially with the help of cycling threads.

You might try playing with that town map for a day or two. Run around, chat with villagers, think about where you'd like to build stuff. Just get the feel of living in that town. It might grow on you in that time. Or the opposite. That's what I did for a few days while I was trying to create my third town.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Is it reeeaaally worth getting a second copy of the game? I mean wasting 30 quid on another copy seems eeh.
but I would wanna help people get dreamies and stuff...ooh decisions decisions :c

Depends on how much you want another copy, I guess? I have 3 towns, so I'm a bit biased. xD;

If you decide to get another copy, try to find a used one for cheaper. I bought my third game for only $20USD, which made getting it that much more worth it to me.

There are already so many cyclers, I think they've mainly got it covered there unless you want to help people by just looking at their signatures on the boards and PM'ing them saying you have x villager.

I can't see a reason for myself to have a second copy at the time, because I barely have time for 1 copy. If you have the extra money to spare and don't see yourself putting it aside, then I'd say go for it.

I'm in 2 minds - I really hate my town layout and I hate where I've placed my campsite, the town fruit is cherries (bleugh, I've had them in all my AC games!). The thing is, the thought of losing certain villagers, my bells, my progress with encyclopaedia, all my furniture etc ach it puts me off. Don't know what to do :( x

I want to reset my file again.​

My DC: 4900-3317-6827. Please check it ;w;

Do you think my town sucks and that it should be wiped out from existence? I'm bored of ACNL but I don't even know.

I'll visit later, but if you're bored of it, maybe a fresh start would be good and get your interest again?

- - - Post Merge - - -

No help for me?? :c

help is here ^^

I love most of my villagers and I have peaches as a town fruit and I think overall my map is okay (probably not perfect, but based on the things people in this thread want, I don't think it's too bad lol) BUT I HATE MY MAYOR'S FACE. When I first played I just picked random answers so I wound up with the ugliest face possible. I probably won't reset, and just keep using Funny Glasses for the rest of my life, but ugh.

Just reset my cycling town!
Villigers, Pudge, Teddy, Fang..Diana....Merengue...
Omfg...
YES
Diana is a Dreamie! Someone will want fang! And merengue,..oh the bells...so many bells...

- - - Post Merge - - -

And rosie moved in...
Okay that's it, if Marshal or any other top tier villager moves in I am gonna have a freaking heart attack

I am super indecisive, so I'm not sure if I should reset or not but I've been mulling over it for a while... (a month or two)
See, I have really everything I want in my town according to fruit, grass, villagers (I have half my dreamies obtained)... but not my layout or beach, and I feel like I'm running out of space even though I want to do so much more.
Every time I go to dream towns I get a little jealous since they're so fancy and I feel like mine could be better but the layout hasn't gone as I wanted it to... so I thought I'd ask for some opinions. This is currently my third town zzz
Dream address: 4100-2933-5027

See I have this map currently:
cmap.jpg
But I was aiming more for these ones:
mapw.jpgmapw2.jpg
I wanted the small area across the river for my house, and to have the beach on the west side with a private area

Idk what I should do, I also think my permanent buildings are a little awkwardly placed and I don't like where I've put some of my dreamies (especially Rosie :C )
Do you guys think its worth a reset?? I've had this town since september so it's pretty far in but I love the new town feel tbh, and this town isn't really inspiring me much. Thanks in advance :3

I feel bad for wanting to do this. Again.
But I kind of want to reset. AGAIN.
I'll not have dreamies anymore if I do reset, but I'll get people to hold the villagers I want to have anyway, like Julian. I'd get people to hold my bells and tools and clothes and furniture and flowers. I can't provide my map right now.

I am super indecisive, so I'm not sure if I should reset or not but I've been mulling over it for a while... (a month or two)
See, I have really everything I want in my town according to fruit, grass, villagers (I have half my dreamies obtained)... but not my layout or beach, and I feel like I'm running out of space even though I want to do so much more.
Every time I go to dream towns I get a little jealous since they're so fancy and I feel like mine could be better but the layout hasn't gone as I wanted it to... so I thought I'd ask for some opinions. This is currently my third town zzz
Dream address: 4100-2933-5027

See I have this map currently:
View attachment 28938
But I was aiming more for these ones:
View attachment 28937View attachment 28936
I wanted the small area across the river for my house, and to have the beach on the west side with a private area

Idk what I should do, I also think my permanent buildings are a little awkwardly placed and I don't like where I've put some of my dreamies (especially Rosie :C )
Do you guys think its worth a reset?? I've had this town since september so it's pretty far in but I love the new town feel tbh, and this town isn't really inspiring me much. Thanks in advance :3
Well, your town map will be a permanent thing, and so will all those buildings. If you don't like it, reset, reset until you're really happy with the layout, and think of the fruit and grass as a bonus. Reset now before you get even further in and you find it impossible to let go of it.

I feel bad for wanting to do this. Again.
But I kind of want to reset. AGAIN.
I'll not have dreamies anymore if I do reset, but I'll get people to hold the villagers I want to have anyway, like Julian. I'd get people to hold my bells and tools and clothes and furniture and flowers. I can't provide my map right now.
People can hold everything for you, yes. If you like your layout though, keep it and try to get over wanting to reset. Everyone gets resetting fever - try and cure yourself from it by not giving in.

But if you hate your layout, go for it xD

Just reset my cycling town!
Villigers, Pudge, Teddy, Fang..Diana....Merengue...
Omfg...
YES
Diana is a Dreamie! Someone will want fang! And merengue,..oh the bells...so many bells...

- - - Post Merge - - -

And rosie moved in...
Okay that's it, if Marshal or any other top tier villager moves in I am gonna have a freaking heart attack

I'm so jelly x~x Why does everyone have to post when I can't be online? x-x
Good luck to those of you resetting. If anyone needs help, feel free to let me know! I'm a master resetter and I'm willing to help people out. ^u^ Just like everyone else that stalks this thread!
I'll be online on the weekends, by the way, so I'll be on this thread quite often. :) If anyone just can't make up their mind feel free to VM or PM me and I can help the best to my ability. ^u^ Gracias~

my permanent buildings are in somewhat bad positions, but it would just be too painful to reset

Brand New Town Ideas!

Okay, so, I was thinking of demolishing my current town and creating a brand new one.

But the problem is that I can't think of many good town names! I was thinking of using either Serenity, Stardust, or Konoha, but I love them all, and I can't pick one!

Also, I want a certain theme for my town to make it seem more creative and fresh... But for the love of me, I can't think of one. I want it to have many pastel colors, like pastel blue, pink, orange... Cute and pretty colors like those.

Can you guys discuss some ideas with me here? Thanks in advance! ^-^

~xFlanx

Last edited:
Back