• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

The Resetting Thread

Hopefully! I've never had a feeling where I completely love my town.
I'm now determined to get a good map that I will keep! :D

Goodluck! i got off the train station and saw Timbra, Rod, Tia, loved the layout, but was still close to deleting it LOL then i opened the map and saw Tangy and Stitches and kept it luckily!
I get ridiculously picky, with villagers and maps and fruit :l

Goodluck! i got off the train station and saw Timbra, Rod, Tia, loved the layout, but was still close to deleting it LOL then i opened the map and saw Tangy and Stitches and kept it luckily!
I get ridiculously picky, with villagers and maps and fruit :l

All of your starters, and your villagers are awesome!
Well, I'm glad you have two towns you love!! :) I'm hoping I can find one like that soon!

I compromised and kept a town that had a brown train station.
I like the interior of the brown, just gotta work on getting it
upgraded to something else very quickly, haha.​

I reset around the beginning of the month and I'm not entirely pleased of my town, even though I've had it a while now. I kinda want to reset again, but I reeeeeeally hate getting the development permit because I'm so impatient ;;

I reset around the beginning of the month and I'm not entirely pleased of my town, even though I've had it a while now. I kinda want to reset again, but I reeeeeeally hate getting the development permit because I'm so impatient ;;

I got the permit in about 3 hours! you can do it really quick if you try really hard :)

Ah ok, thank you! I think I will start cycling for the perfect town now :)

Hm, kind of tempted to restart again from scratch, with nothing to start with. Really. Getting kinda bored of this game, so I want something to do to be honest.

Yeah it's like I've gotten everything, villagers, house, items blah blah you name it so really not much to do either to maybe try cycling out villagers I don't need so I can really restart really.

I would give stuff away but I've collected too much so it would take ages ;__;

Yeah it's like I've gotten everything, villagers, house, items blah blah you name it so really not much to do either to maybe try cycling out villagers I don't need so I can really restart really.

I would give stuff away but I've collected too much so it would take ages ;__;
Psst, give it to me, lol.

No cause you dont want Tymekoary

- - - Post Merge - - -

Also Monique refuses to move after TTing for like half a year. so nope I'm resetting screw her

Should I restart my town?

Hey guys! I have a dilemma. I haven't played ACNL in about a month and a half because I've been so busy with school. On my current town, I have like 20 million bells and a lot of my dreamies but it just doesn't feel right to play anymore since I get on so rarely. Plus since I have so many bells my house is completely paid off and a bunch of expensive PWPs and I have fully upgraded Nook store I feel like there isn't much to do anymore... so should I delete my town and start over fresh and poor? Lol.

Please dont say "Oh, I'll take all your bells." I don't want that. I need honest opinions.

Would you delete your town and start over if you were me or just keep at it?

Well, what does your town look like ? Do you like your layout ?
Do you not like your house placement ? What about your characters eyes, do
you want to change them ?

If there is anything you want to change, I'd say reset.
If not, I would suggest just getting some villagers out
( I know, sounds morbid but some fresh faces could liven up the town )
and remove your PWP's ( the ones that are removable ). Dig up any trees / flowers, sell them, whatever. Start landscaping, etc.​

Last edited:
So I'm about to restart now, I hope to keep resetting until I get Merengue or Tangy :)

Last edited:
I'm thinking about resetting my town (Again). Things just haven't worked out with the place, and I'd like to have a fresh start with a better layout and villager placement (Literally, all my villagers are confined to 1/4 of the Map, which annoys me to no end. I want them to be spread out so I have incentive to walk to all parts of my map).

My problem is, all my items and money. I've finally got the one Furniture set that I want, A lot of Hybrids, everything. So, I'm thinking that if I reset, I'll want to bring them along with me. Would anyone be willing to help hold my stuff while I go through and try to get my perfect map?

I kinda feel like resetting again (this will probably be my 4th or 5th time). I love all my villagers, but I'm starting to really hate my map because I have so many rocks. I swear I think I have like 7-10 rocks.. Also, even though I love Ankha and Apple, they are right in front of my house which is starting to bother me. u w u

You could always get someone to hold Ankha and Apple while you reset ^u^

- - - Post Merge - - -

Hey guys! I have a dilemma. I haven't played ACNL in about a month and a half because I've been so busy with school. On my current town, I have like 20 million bells and a lot of my dreamies but it just doesn't feel right to play anymore since I get on so rarely. Plus since I have so many bells my house is completely paid off and a bunch of expensive PWPs and I have fully upgraded Nook store I feel like there isn't much to do anymore... so should I delete my town and start over fresh and poor? Lol.

Please dont say "Oh, I'll take all your bells." I don't want that. I need honest opinions.

Would you delete your town and start over if you were me or just keep at it?

You can always get people to hold your bells c:

I'm thinking of resetting because I feel like I have a really bad layout. The river winds too much and creates a bend that takes up a lot of space, and the event plaza is in a really bad place.
The problem is I hate resetting my game multiple times, and I really don't know what a good layout looks like. I tried researching it online, but that only made me confused because everyone has different opinions on the subject.

I'm thinking of resetting because I feel like I have a really bad layout. The river winds too much and creates a bend that takes up a lot of space, and the event plaza is in a really bad place.
The problem is I hate resetting my game multiple times, and I really don't know what a good layout looks like. I tried researching it online, but that only made me confused because everyone has different opinions on the subject.

Maybe you can try visiting a bunch of towns/dream towns to get a feel for what kind of layout you like? Maybe you can ask for a bunch of dream codes to WIP/undeveloped towns so the layout is more obvious than looking at a fully developed town?

I personally like maps with a toooon of space and a little peninsula that I can turn into a neighborhood for all my villagers. I buy/sell turnips a lot and so I like Retail to be close to the train station. I like my plaza and the town hall to be out of the way. This is my favorite map.

But some people go to the island a lot and want their Retail close to the dock. Some people like their villagers all spread out everywhere. Some people like their beaches to face the other way. It all boils down to personal preference.

Maybe you can try visiting a bunch of towns/dream towns to get a feel for what kind of layout you like? Maybe you can ask for a bunch of dream codes to WIP/undeveloped towns so the layout is more obvious than looking at a fully developed town?

I personally like maps with a toooon of space and a little peninsula that I can turn into a neighborhood for all my villagers. I buy/sell turnips a lot and so I like Retail to be close to the train station. I like my plaza and the town hall to be out of the way. This is my favorite map.

But some people go to the island a lot and want their Retail close to the dock. Some people like their villagers all spread out everywhere. Some people like their beaches to face the other way. It all boils down to personal preference.

Thank you for your suggestions and helpful advice. I really appreciate it, but sadly I didn't have the Dream Suite constructed yet in my old town.
I ended up Googling the subject and looked at a bunch of maps on here to see what kinds of things I liked in a town layout. Basically, I wanted something that had a decent amount of space, so I would be able to build necessary PwPs like the cafe and police station, and still have room for other ones as well.
Then I restarted and settled on this map, which I think has a good deal of space, even though the river is a bit windier than I'd like it to be. I really like the villagers, though, especially Diana and Kiki, and I'm really happy with the town fruit because it's one I haven't had in previous. Plus, I don't feel like I'll really have to worry about that much about putting up PwPs here, especially once some of the villagers start moving out.
I would still really appreciate your opinion, though. Do you think this map has a good layout?
https://scontent-b-mia.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-frc3/t1/1780785_459725770821689_167745125_n.jpg

Back