• Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

The Unpopular Opinions thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
lmfaoo when that sia person called autistic people "special-abled." literally the worst thing i have read in my entire life

also carbonated water absolutely rules. i destroyed my esophagus with it by accident but it was worth it
perrier is the best one cause it burns the most

When parents' insist their child is badly behaved "because they're autistic", as in they sit around diagnosing their kids, like they're qualified to do that. The same people will often try to bulldoze their way to a diagnosis too (so some kids end up diagnosed with things they don't have), meanwhile raising the kid to just excuse all their bad behaviour as "autism" and therefore never learn accountability.

Honestly, I could tell people things my son does and people would tell me "These are signs of autism", but pssshhh, he's just a little weirdo and a very happy, confident one at that, so why would I want a label slapped onto him that I don't believe, nor want him to fall back on? Some kids are just a bit "weird", like mine. They're different. Different doesn't mean something's wrong. Embrace the weirdness and discourage bad behaviour and see what happens. It could be beautiful.

I just find it cringe when people use these terms to describe who they are. I wouldn’t let things like this define me as a person. When people ask who you are, the first words out of their mouth are usually their identity or their disability. Like no, you’re you. You say your name and describe your character. People think being certain things make them special. Yes, the superpower thing is annoying.
This also exactly. I definitely don't identify with my diagnosis and if anything it has lowkey started to make things harder just cause I now see everything from that perspective, like, let me be awkward lol.
Post automatically merged:

Also yeah parents that do all the things they can to get a diagnosis rather than focusing on maybe how they brought up their kid, yeah maybe if you weren't so damn forcing an overprotective I could have made a better living *rolls eyes* And when their kid gets the diagnosis they don't care anyway and still behaves ****ty.

Also yeah, I disagree with self-diagnosing no matter what especially today with all **** out there.

Last edited:
Going to college/university does not make you better/overall smarter than someone who doesn't
100% agree, not everyone has that kind of study head and your life shouldn't depend on it.

Also people who put like "i'm blunt not rude" in their about me has serious issues, like come on they basically proceeds bullying people being rude, lol.

I think this might be unpopular but... I HATE RIVERS AND I HATE WATER AND I HATE THE BEACHES ON ACNH. anyway that's all. i just dont like how they look, i would rather have land and mountains and no water, rivers, or beaches

Being an empath isnt a superpower. If u call urself an empath. Stop plz. Empathy is a basic human trait. Everyone differs but every "healthy" person has the ability to be empathetic (most mentally ill or considered "unhealthy" ppl experience empathy too of course). Those who brag about their high empathy levels are massive red flags

Being an empath isnt a superpower. If u call urself an empath. Stop plz. Empathy is a basic human trait. Everyone differs but every "healthy" person has the ability to be empathetic (most mentally ill or considered "unhealthy" ppl experience empathy too of course). Those who brag about their high empathy levels are massive red flags
Agreed. It's the same as those who brag about how smart they are. Bragging is usually overcompensating.

I think this might be unpopular but... I HATE RIVERS AND I HATE WATER AND I HATE THE BEACHES ON ACNH. anyway that's all. i just dont like how they look, i would rather have land and mountains and no water, rivers, or beaches
The fact that you have to have two river "entrances" drives me nuts too. It doesn't fit in my cityscape at all and the sounds the water makes can be unbearable (especially waterfalls).

- Being asocial does not equal being an introvert. Plenty of introverts (i would argue most) enjoy social interaction. Being stuck alone in ur house for long periods of time is not an "introvert's dream" and can cause mental health problems for anyone. If ur proud of the fact that u despise people ur just bitter
- My least favourite noise ever has to be water dripping/splashing around. The audacity that i was constantly subjected to this through an unskippable ad on youtube for Relaxing ASMR Compilation #173 of all things. Are u trying to torture me
- Coming from someone who has an interest in obscure media, it doesnt make u more interesting, especially if u actively avoid and dislike "mainstream" stuff for the sole reason that it is mainstream.

Alright, nice. My turn now.

- I don’t like certain anime shows like One Piece, Steins;Gate, and Sword Art Online. I find those three in particular to be incredibly boring.
- Even though I play Genshin Impact, I don’t like Albedo as a character. I find his personality extremely boring.
- The “wuss poppin jimbo” Jimmy Neutron meme was never funny, not even when it first originated.
- PC gaming is boring.
- Being in a relationship doesn’t make you better or happier than anyone who isn’t.

Hmm, yeah. I think that’s all for now. 🤔

Don’t @ me please.

With the exception of Tentai Senshi Sunred and Umaru-chan, all anime created after Samurai Champloo are pure garbage.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back