• Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

The Unpopular Opinions thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dolphins are not cute or quirky. They utilize puffer fish to get high, bully other creatures, and kidnap fellow dolphins (including their babies) for kicks.

I'm not vouching for their mistreatment or that all dolphins are nasty- but jeez, they can be malicious and it kills the vibe for me. lol

Dolphins are not cute or quirky. They utilize puffer fish to get high, bully other creatures, and kidnap fellow dolphins (including their babies) for kicks.

I'm not vouching for their mistreatment or that all dolphins are nasty- but jeez, they can be malicious and it kills the vibe for me. lol
Ain't they humans, lol.

Also yeah I can definitely appreciate newer series, some are good, but I hate those "smart" streaming service reboot/remake stuff or just really targeted stuff like, come on no one asked for remakes except your money greedy bosses.

yeah they used to be my favorite animal as i kid. i was devastated when i found out the kind of activities they get up to. especially the ones involving calves :C theyre super intelligent. its really sad that they can be so cruel

Yes and they're really really rapey and not just to their own species, though they tend to gang rape their females. But yeah, they are so gross to humans in that respect too, I would never ever swim with them after learning that and seeing a couple of videos. Eww.

I’m in Canada and our biggest problem is huskies. Literally every shelter dog is some kind of husky lab cross. It’s actually not possible to get a rescue dog in my city that isn’t part husky. And in the northern area of my province there are literal packs of feral husky/labs that are really dangerous. And somehow the only banned dog breed is pit bulls. We need new laws.
Fellow Canadian here! I've had two neighbours both with huskies and they leave them outside all day. I get that they prefer being outside cause they're hot but what kind of life are they having sitting outside being chained up all day? No wonder the one howls. I would too.

I don’t really like skulls, like at all. I see people wearing tights with skulls on them all the time. I’ve also seen tops and hats with skulls as well. I don’t get it. Maybe it’s fashion, but seeing a skull with flowers on their head on your shirt makes me cringe. I just find it weird, but obviously people are free to dress how they want.

I don’t really like skulls, like at all. I see people wearing tights with skulls on them all the time. I’ve also seen tops and hats with skulls as well. I don’t get it. Maybe it’s fashion, but seeing a skull with flowers on their head on your shirt makes me cringe. I just find it weird, but obviously people are free to dress how they want.
I remember my friend getting me a makeup bag with skulls on it in grade 7. Meanwhile I was into cutesy stuff. That type of style freaked me out lolol.

I don’t really like shiny Pokémon. I prefer the original color variations. Some of them look good, but I would always prefer the original. I also think it’s weird how the sprites resemble the non-shiny regardless of the fact the Pokémon actually is shiny or not. If the colors are drastically different, of course that’s going to look odd.

This reminded me of my opposite unpopular opinion! lol

Fanfiction is not art

I used to be a huge snob about fan fiction, which I feel terrible about now.

Aside from fanfiction about real people, I think it can be a great hobby and deserves less hate. There's a lot of people out there who put their blood, sweat, and tears into what they're creating as if it was their own. In fact, fan fiction has been around a lot longer than we give it credit for. It didn't just poof into existence just because of Wattpad! 😄

And I know it's super easy to find fan fiction that's explicit and embarrassing. But it's also easy to find traditionally published work that's just as bad.

This reminded me of my opposite unpopular opinion! lol

I used to be a huge snob about fan fiction, which I feel terrible about now.

Aside from fanfiction about real people, I think it can be a great hobby and deserves less hate. There's a lot of people out there who put their blood, sweat, and tears into what they're creating as if it was their own. In fact, fan fiction has been around a lot longer than we give it credit for. It didn't just poof into existence just because of Wattpad! 😄

And I know it's super easy to find fan fiction that's explicit and embarrassing. But it's also easy to find traditionally published work that's just as bad.

There are definitely loads of terribly written fanfiction out there, but there are also lots of well written fanfiction out there as well. It's like that with lots of media where there's a mix of good and bad.
As a fanfiction writer myself, there's nothing more fun than learning about writing while playing around with your favourite characters. It's very fun to take them on different paths and arcs than the series did and learn about them more.

I can maybe offer an explanation for this one: everyone is cool in death! I've never seen a skeleton who I thought was a square.

My unpopular opinion is that high-waisted pants and underwear are super uncomfortable. I don't like having extra fabric and waistbands on my stomach, ouch.

fuzzy socks are like the worst uncomfiest socks EVER. theyre bearable at first but after just a few wears, even if you wash them, they start getting all pilled and get all this junk from your floor stuck in them like leaves/tiny twigs/tiny spiky plant balls/etc that are impossible to get out because theyre deeply tangled in the sock fuzz

I don't really understand the hype around The Witcher 3. I had played it for awhile, but honestly it's such a weird and disturbing game at times. Like the whole "Botchling" thing. Geralt is a great character and probably the best thing about the game, but overall I just didn't feel like it was THAT good. I don't like the card game in it either that everyone raves about.

fuzzy socks are like the worst uncomfiest socks EVER. theyre bearable at first but after just a few wears, even if you wash them, they start getting all pilled and get all this junk from your floor stuck in them like leaves/tiny twigs/tiny spiky plant balls/etc that are impossible to get out because theyre deeply tangled in the sock fuzz
Ewwwwww remember the fuzzy toe socks? Toe socks in general are nasty but the combo was just so freaking weird.

I dislike high-waisted stuff not because of the comfort moreso because it hides my hips :(
More specifically pants, I have yet to find a pair that fits me in my ENTIRE LIFE. at least lower waisted pants that dont fit me are flattering on me

I dislike high-waisted stuff not because of the comfort moreso because it hides my hips :(
More specifically pants, I have yet to find a pair that fits me in my ENTIRE LIFE. at least lower waisted pants that dont fit me are flattering on me
That's the trouble with fashion, isn't it? It always only works best on one body type at a time, and unless we all change our bodies every time there's a new fashion trend, we can't possibly keep up. I have a short, tiny waisted upper body...but in comparison my legs are LONG. Yet I'm still only 5ft4, so finding stuff for longer legs that doesn't drag on the ground is impossible. I'm mostly a doc martens and dresses kinda gal anyway, which seems to work best for me. But damn, the struggle is real!

That's the trouble with fashion, isn't it? It always only works best on one body type at a time, and unless we all change our bodies every time there's a new fashion trend, we can't possibly keep up. I have a short, tiny waisted upper body...but in comparison my legs are LONG. Yet I'm still only 5ft4, so finding stuff for longer legs that doesn't drag on the ground is impossible. I'm mostly a doc martens and dresses kinda gal anyway, which seems to work best for me. But damn, the struggle is real!
yeah! my problem is the opposite since i'm pushing 5'7 and i cant find anything that fits both my legs and my other measurements. im pretty sure there are a ton of people like us so its weird how there arent enough options. i am the same way, i have gotten rid of almost all my pants and the ones i have left i dont use. its either a dress for a skirt for me (and docs)

"find some friends" being thrown around as advice is annoying. stop acting like everyone has the same ability and/or mental energy to put forth towards getting friends. 'lol, just get friends 4head. if i were alone i would simply have friends'

Fanfiction is not art

so you think dante's inferno, one of the most famous pieces of fanfiction in history, isn't real art? bold take. (y)

I actually really like the gen 6 Pokemon games.

Yes the level curve and gyms were really easy in X and Y but I still had a blast with it. More so than gen 5, 7 or 8. Also Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire were great (though I still like the originals in gen 3 just a smidge more).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back