• Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

The Unpopular Opinions thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
the polar express is a bad movie & I simply cannot sit through it (& It's so nostalgic I wanted to like it though!)
saw it once when i was a kid and i don't remember a single thing about it other than the fact it majorly creeped me out for some reason 😭 don't even know why. haven't seen it since and have zero plans to!

here's an unpop of my own, in the spirit of christmas: i don't think gingerbread is good. makes me sad because i love decorating gingerbread houses & think gingerbread men are adorable but i think it's a terrible cookie type and don't get why people enjoy eating it

In the movie spirit, most US remakes "just cause lol we don't get european/asian/african etc. culture" should just not have been made.

saw it once when i was a kid and i don't remember a single thing about it other than the fact it majorly creeped me out for some reason 😭 don't even know why. haven't seen it since and have zero plans to!

here's an unpop of my own, in the spirit of christmas: i don't think gingerbread is good. makes me sad because i love decorating gingerbread houses & think gingerbread men are adorable but i think it's a terrible cookie type and don't get why people enjoy eating it

honestly idk if it’s because it goes stale so quick but it’s kinda… cardboard-y? Idk

You may have noticed that this thread disappeared from public view about three hours ago. We have now reinstated it 50+ posts lighter.

We are going to leave this thread closed for a day or two to give everyone a chance to cool off. When it reopens, we would like everyone to remember that this is not a debate thread; it is for stating your unpopular opinions. If you think an unpopular opinion is not suitable for TBT then please press the Report button rather than taking matters into your own hands. In the past five days not a single post in this thread was reported to us - we had to locate it ourselves. We could have removed the offending post(s) promptly had just one person made the effort to hit that button and alert us to it.

Also, given the nature of this argument, I would like to stress to everyone involved that being LGBT+ does not necessarily mean that other members of our beautiful community will always see eye-to-eye with you on every LGBT-related issue. The majority of the people who were involved in this argument, on both sides, are LGBT+. Having one shared trait doesn't mean we will share the same point of view and those differences don't inherently make someone homophobic or transphobic. It is a recurring trend here on TBT that almost all LGBT-related debates take place between members of the LGBT+ community itself, often with accusations being thrown around that they are against their own people, and that's kind of sad. A little more understanding would go a long way.

The thread will reopen by the end of the weekend.

A new unpopular opinion to get things started…

I don’t like bacon. I used to think it was good, but now I can barely stand the smell. I don’t understand the appeal. I know a lot of people love bacon. I just don’t like the taste of it, or any type of ham for that matter.

Okay then, well here's a more light-hearted unpopular opinion related to the holidays! Candy canes are okay at best. I can't imagine someone accidentally breaking one and trying to eat it when it could very well hurt them.

Okay then, well here's a more light-hearted unpopular opinion related to the holidays! Candy canes are okay at best. I can't imagine someone accidentally breaking one and trying to eat it when it could very well hurt them.
I haven’t had a candy cane in a while. It’s been at least a few years. I really like them, but I just suck on them because I like peppermint. I could do without actually eating them. I just like the taste of peppermint, and candy canes aren’t the only peppermint things, so I’m good.

my next holiday themed unpopular opinion is that you should ASK PEOPLE WHERE THEY SHOP before buying them a gift card. That mindless Starbucks card you pick up at the checkout counter while grocery shopping isn't for everyone.

agreed. gift cards are kind of weird anyway, tbh. like "here's some money, but oops you can only spend it in this specific store and nowhere else" like, just give me the money don't tell me where to spend it!

agreed. gift cards are kind of weird anyway, tbh. like "here's some money, but oops you can only spend it in this specific store and nowhere else" like, just give me the money don't tell me where to spend it!
The only excuse for giving a gift card for a specific store is if you know the recipient would spend the cash on cocaine or a hitman or something

Speaking of Gift Cards there is a warning that if you try to buy credit cards because someone over the phone told you to make a payment you will be rejected because its a new scam that they are doing to rip off people. So if you ever get a phone call of anyone telling you to buy a gift card just to make a payment hang up now.

Yeah, unless they ask or just happen to know, I'd rather get money. Not to sound ungrateful, but if you know I don't use hair products don't buy me card for that kind of stores. Rarrrgh.

Anyhow, I don't get why tomatoes are a salad staple. I can't stand fresh tomatoes and it's really annoying when people make (me) salads and just pour their 50 tomato cans in it. So yeah tl;dr I don't like fresh tomatoes.

Also I really don't people who talk about their kids/grandkids like 24/7. I'm sorry but you must have a rather boring life if that's all you can breathe out lol. I can listen to a kids' podcast or whatever that's probably more interesting if I want that kind of stuff.

Also I really don't people who talk about their kids/grandkids like 24/7. I'm sorry but you must have a rather boring life if that's all you can breathe out lol. I can listen to a kids' podcast or whatever that's probably more interesting if I want that kind of stuff.
Those people’s camera rolls are like 99% pictures of their babies.

An ex friend of mine gave birth yesterday and because our families are close all I’ve heard since is how the cute baby is. I saw one picture and that was more then enough for me, for one day. Best of luck to the new parents and their son but I don’t need or want a daily rundown of their new family unit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back