• Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

The Unpopular Opinions thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
... it can 100% be about mental states, what? no offense, but telling me, a severely mentally ill woman, that i need to "prioritize" because i don't have the energy to change my shirt is, well, not great lmao. frankly, i'd rather wear my pyjamas to the store to make sure i get food or some other necessity than sacrifice that because i'm afraid of someone like you judging me for a lack of energy i have little control over. deciding to wear pyjamas if it means you will get yourself to a store instead of deciding not to go at all for fear of ridicule is prioritizing.
I said my post specifically weren't about mental states, it's mostly lazy, smelly people here that god knows how long they had them on. Also I never attacked you specifically, you do as you want, I just don't like the thing wearing them out.

I said my post specifically weren't about mental states, it's mostly lazy, smelly people here that god knows how long they had them on. Also I never attacked you specifically, you do as you want, I just don't like the thing wearing them out.

you don't have to target me specifically when you generalize anyone wearing pyjamas outside as lazy and/or needing to prioritize despite not knowing the first thing about them. if you don't like people wearing them out, fine, but you can't expect people who do so (like me) to take it in their stride when you suggest they're inherently lazy, unhygienic, smelly etc.

anyway, to stay on topic. unpopular opinion in my household at least: boris johnson is a selfish, useless, elitist sack of horse dung and this country's law enforcement has some shades of corruption going on.

you don't have to target me specifically when you generalize anyone wearing pyjamas outside as lazy and/or needing to prioritize despite not knowing the first thing about them. if you don't like people wearing them out, fine, but you can't expect people who do so (like me) to take it in their stride when you suggest they're inherently lazy, unhygienic, smelly etc.
I never did, I just originally never got why suddenly non-ill people think it's alright to go outside with smelly/dirty pants they've worn working inside just cause it's sudden some acceptance because it's a pandemic or whatever. If you want to stride for healthy people doing such, go ahead.

I never did, I just originally never got why suddenly non-ill people think it's alright to go outside with smelly/dirty pants they've worn working inside just cause it's sudden some acceptance because it's a pandemic or whatever. If you want to stride for healthy people doing such, go ahead.

right, but how do you know if they're "non-ill"? i'm not going to sit here and saying there aren't some people who are just lazy and do this, but i still think it's silly to judge someone on sight just because they've got pyjamas pants on. especially as there are reasons for doing so beyond poor mental health. that was my point. less disputing that perfectly healthy/secure people probably have no excuse, more disputing that it's an odd thing to judge someone for. like, fair enough if you have a friend or family member you know with come certainty is fully capable of and has the time to change but doesn't, not so fair enough if it's a random stranger you know nothing about. idk if that makes sense.

right, but how do you know if they're "non-ill"? i'm not going to sit here and saying there aren't some people who are just lazy and do this, but i still think it's silly to judge someone on sight just because they've got pyjamas pants on. especially as there are reasons for doing so beyond poor mental health. that was my point. less disputing that perfectly healthy/secure people probably have no excuse, more disputing that it's an odd thing to judge someone for. like, fair enough if you have a friend or family member you know with come certainty is fully capable of and has the time to change but doesn't, not so fair enough if it's a random stranger you know nothing about. idk if that makes sense.
People obviously needing to go outside on an everyday basis but yet it's also "accepted" and promoted by fashion and commercials and those who have a job that needs to change otherwise.

Not gonna discuss how we do we know, my point was I don't get why it's accepted by the general audience just because someone healthy has been at home for a couple of years and think it's cool adapting lazy/lounge fashion in public because they can't suddenly just sit and use Zoom and their coding software, only showing parts of shirts. Cozy sleeping clothes are that for a reason.

Sure, if I'm home and sick/ill I probably wouldn't dress up in a fancy dress, but then I never wear PJs anyway.

I don’t like coffee. I can’t stand the smell or the taste. Like, what’s the point in decaf coffee anyway? You drink coffee for energy. The taste isn’t that pleasant that you’d just drink it for no reason, right? The first time I drank coffee (by accident) I rushed to spit it out and drank water right away. I know a lot of people like coffee though.
i totally agree! I thought I was the only one 😅

Everybody judges even if they say they don't or tell you not to do that.
Exactly, lol. I don't believe people who say they never judge, they most likely do it silently or privately. And sure I might do but at least I speak up I guess lol.
-
Back to topic, I'll join the "dry shampoo sucks" club. I've rather thick and greasy hair by nature and using it makes it worse and makes me look like a crazy clown. I'd rather wash my hair one extra time each week to look nice and presentable.
-

Also, sports fashion is ugly and I'd never wear sports stuff it unless I was actively exercising and/or going to or from such exercise.

Exactly, lol. I don't believe people who say they never judge, they most likely do it silently or privately. And sure I might do but at least I speak up I guess lol.
-
Back to topic, I'll join the "dry shampoo sucks" club. I've rather thick and greasy hair by nature and using it makes it worse and makes me look like a crazy clown. I'd rather wash my hair one extra time each week to look nice and presentable.
-

Also, sports fashion is ugly and I'd never wear sports stuff it unless I was actively exercising and/or going to or from such exercise.
I tried dry shampoo once, and I felt so greasy. I can't stand the feeling of an unwashed scalp. It seems the dry shampoo trend is waning and I wonder if it ever was as effective as it was hyped up to be.

I tried dry shampoo once, and I felt so greasy. I can't stand the feeling of an unwashed scalp. It seems the dry shampoo trend is waning and I wonder if it ever was as effective as it was hyped up to be.
Yup, I tried once, twice as well and yeah same here especially since I have the hair texture I have.

I guess it could work if one has thin/fine hair and add some volume but I guess it's some lazy fix? But yeah dunno.

It really bothers me when people go in restaurants and fast food places only to use the bathroom. I see it often. One person will walk in, use the bathroom, and walk out. They also get into their car and pull away. I find it disrespectful, but what do I know? I know emergencies happen, but I always buy something afterwards, even if it’s a bottle of soda at a gas station or a drink at a restaurant. Otherwise, I find it really disrespectful to just use the bathroom and dip. 🙄 I hope this isn’t an unpopular opinion, but it could be.

It really bothers me when people go in restaurants and fast food places only to use the bathroom. I see it often. One person will walk in, use the bathroom, and walk out. They also get into their car and pull away. I find it disrespectful, but what do I know? I know emergencies happen, but I always buy something afterwards, even if it’s a bottle of soda at a gas station or a drink at a restaurant. Otherwise, I find it really disrespectful to just use the bathroom and dip. 🙄 I hope this isn’t an unpopular opinion, but it could be.
I'd say here it's mostly the lack of free restrooms in town, most cost like a buck or 2 and you need to pay by card which I think a lot of people won't do. I guess you could sneak into hotels if needed too.

As long as people don't woo-hoo in them I don't care really but I love when you find an open rubber package in them 😂

i don't know about "effective", but it's always been helpful to me (or talcum powder if we don't have any) as someone who usually doesn't have the spoons to have a bath. (yes, yes, gross, but i try to force myself as often as possible.) i don't apply it to my whole head though, only my bangs so they don't look greasy, and then put the rest of my hair in a bun. i can usually get away with it 2-3 times before it has no effect and i have to wash my hair if i need to go out.

i think some people (not necessarily you, and i'm not trying to shame/judge anyone here) forget that a lot of products of convenience are super helpful for disabled and mentally ill people but have to be marketed towards able-bodied and neurotypical people so that enough can be manufactured and they can be sold at a reasonable price. instead those products sadly end up being labelled and mocked as lazy or useless by a lot of people. (i.e. sock sliders, banana slicers, jar openers etc.) just thought i'd throw that out there.

As someone with IBS, I am thankful for those washrooms. Like, where else am I supposed to go when I'm out and can't hold it?

I've been seeing a lot of small shops selling "functional art" which resembles detached female body parts...breast shaped coasters, candles that are shaped like bodacious, beheaded torsos...most of the art is woman made, and I assume it's intended to be an expression of "empowerment"...but personally, the act of buying or selling isolated body parts doesn't do it for me.

I've been seeing a lot of small shops selling "functional art" which resembles detached female body parts...breast shaped coasters, candles that are shaped like bodacious, beheaded torsos...most of the art is woman made, and I assume it's intended to be an expression of "empowerment"...but personally, the act of buying or selling isolated body parts doesn't do it for me.
That sounds scary 😨

it's not okay to force a label on someone, but if someone wants to put a label on themselves then they should be allowed to. also some people don't choose their labels, as convenient as it would be to just "stop labeling [themselves]".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back