• Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

The Unpopular Opinions thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't get why people still go out in PJs pants or just stuff you wear when you sleep like, I get some are used to wear it cause pandemic but it looks incredibly ugly.
Absolutely, it's gross. How am I to know that those aren't the same pjs you spent hours sweating in bed with overnight? It's nasty.

Sacrificing privacy at home just for the convenience of using voice searches with virtual assistants like Alexa is really not good in my opinion. These things are dirt cheap for a reason. I see so many people do it with both home devices and their phones to look up the simplest of things.

All of these new terms that society is coming up with are really annoying to hear and just unnecessary to be honest. I can’t share some of them here because forum rules, but if you think about some of them you’ll probably know what I mean. I’m not even sure when some of these came into existence, but they’re stupid af. Or maybe I’m just getting old at this point.

Absolutely, it's gross. How am I to know that those aren't the same pjs you spent hours sweating in bed with overnight? It's nasty.
That too. Big fat ew. One of the most gross "trends" ever.
Post automatically merged:

All of these new terms that society is coming up with are really annoying to hear and just unnecessary to be honest. I can’t share some of them here because forum rules, but if you think about some of them you’ll probably know what I mean. I’m not even sure when some of these came into existence, but they’re stupid af. Or maybe I’m just getting old at this point.
I think I know what you are looking for, but yes I agree.

Most of you don't know the difference between unpopular and controversial.

Here's mine: homeschooling your child should only be permitted under extraordinary circumstances. Unless they're pregnant or on the brink of suicide, they're better off attending a public school. By taking them out of the public schooling system, you're depriving them of the opportunity to develop crucial social skills that they're really going to need later on. I find it so upsetting that homeschooling is usually brought-up in glowing terms
I don't pay it attention. Keep in mind it's mostly kids latching onto these new wave identifiers

Here's mine: homeschooling your child should only be permitted under extraordinary circumstances. Unless they're pregnant or on the brink of suicide, they're better off attending a public school. By taking them out of the public schooling system, you're depriving them of the opportunity to develop crucial social skills that they're really going to need later on. I find it so upsetting that homeschooling is usually brought-up in glowing terms
I don't pay it attention. Keep in mind it's mostly kids latching onto these new wave identifiers
I 100% agree with the homeschooling thing. The homeschooled kids I met were always off in some way socially and it was really unfortunate.

I 100% agree with the homeschooling thing. The homeschooled kids I met were always off in some way socially and it was really unfortunate.
That's what happens when you live two-thirds of your life in profound isolation

Last edited:
Here's mine: homeschooling your child should only be permitted under extraordinary circumstances. Unless they're pregnant or on the brink of suicide, they're better off attending a public school. By taking them out of the public schooling system, you're depriving them of the opportunity to develop crucial social skills that they're really going to need later on.
Sadly, many people who homeschool don't know how to do it, and it is unfortunate that kids of parents who don't know how to do it, do tend to suffer socially. I plan on homeschooling my son, at least for a little while. However, he has a physical disability and I want to a) make sure he knows how to physically take care if his medical needs on his own, and b) make sure he is confident enough in himself as a person before I send him to get berated by the wolves that are pre-teen tyrants. I happened to go to school for elementary childhood education, so I'm perfectly confident in my ability to teach him. I think it's wrong to tell anyone what they're better off doing for their children without either being a parent themselves or being in that parents shoes. I think it's safe to say, most parents try to do what they feel is best for their children. I certainly won't let anyone tell me that I do anything otherwise, because it's just simply not true, and anyone who knows me and my son know that.

Adele postponing her Las Vegas residency tour isn't surprising to me at all. In fact I expected it from her considering she has a habit of failing to reschedule cancelled gigs, leaving her fans both disappointed and out of pocket.

Last edited:

Actually, you are incorrect here. I’m talking about some terms that ADULTS use. That’s why I said I can’t share them here because forum rules. I just find them incredibly stupid and unnecessary, even though a lot of people use them. Not sure how you got the idea that I was talking about kids.

My little cousin who is 11 has been pulled from public school for the past year, and she’s doing great. She was being bullied and loves this much better. She doesn’t need to have social skills with people who find it okay to bully her.

I had the option to do cyber school in high school, but I chose against it for some reason. I regret not doing so, because I wanted to experience it, at least. I think both public school and home school can be beneficial. If anything, home school is more beneficial. Kids find it okay to bully. Parents don’t do anything about it. Teachers couldn’t care less. Why would anyone be okay with their kid being harassed?

I don't really have an opinion on above since I don't have experience, but yeah your child should not be treated badly or hidden away at home which some parents do for reasons as well with it. As long as you're capable of homeschooling and experienced then I don't see why not if actual school is a problem.

Just make sure your kid(s) gets some kind of social training though, or life will be hard.

Last edited:
Adele postponing her Las Vegas residency tour isn't surprising to me at all. In fact I expected it from her considering she has a habit of failing to reschedule cancelled gigs, leaving her fans both disappointed and out of pocket.
I definitely agree with this one. It's unprofessional and a bad look for her, but there's a pattern with her, and Adele isn't really a performer either.

Chex is one of the best cereals. Especially wheat and rice chex.

I definitely agree with this one. It's unprofessional and a bad look for her, but there's a pattern with her, and Adele isn't really a performer either.

Chex is one of the best cereals. Especially wheat and rice chex.
I agree. She’s got to be one of the most untrustworthy singers out there when it comes to performing live. Plus her tickets are disgustingly over priced considering she only sings power ballads.

Last edited:
might get some flak for this since it's disagreeing with another opinion on this page, but i think occasionally going out in pyjamas is perfectly fine and that it isn't fair to judge people who do when you don't know anything about their life or situation. i've gone out with my pyjama shirt on under my coat plenty of times because i didn't have the spoons to get changed all the way. you don't know if someone's having a tough time mentally, if they're on a tight schedule and just needed to pop to the shop for something urgently, if they're currently shuttling between living spaces etc. people wearing pyjama bottoms aren't doing anyone any harm.

Just chipping in (lol cos I can do that if I want lol) about homeschooling and yeah, I have to say, every single child or adult I've met that was homechooled is pretty off socially. I'm not even talking about being anxious and shy, I'm talking arrogance! They might seem fine to people who base social skills on confidence, but they miss basic social skills when it comes to things like talking over the top of people, because they've never learned to be anything other than the centre of the universe. It's got to a point where I can call it that they're homeschooled and I've never been wrong haha.

There are exceptions of course, but those are few and far between, especially with so many parents now self-diagnosing their kids with autism, either to excuse all their bad behaviour from an unwillingness to disclipline or a need to wrap their kids in cotton wool and keep them safe from the cruel world. I get the latter, I feel it as a mother myself, but you have to give your kids a chance at life. The greatest gift you can give your child is independence, because you won't be around forever and life isn't promised. Part of parenting is teaching kids how to function the best they can without them, rather than hanging onto the nicey-nice feeling of being needed by somebody. It's the right and fair thing to do tbh.

I think though, it shouldn’t have to get to a point of a child being on the verge of suicide where it’s okay to be homeschooled. It shouldn’t have to get to that point. If a child is being bullied, they should be pulled without it having to get to a certain point. I think it’s ultimately up to the parents of the child to homeschool them. I don’t believe them being socially off has anything to do with homeschooling. It might have a bit to do with it, but it’s likely a lot of things put together. You can’t blame it solely on someone being homeschooled. I know a few people who have been homeschooled that have turned out fine and I know some who haven’t. It’s not solely due to the fact that they were homeschooled, though. You can have a chance at life despite being homeschooled.

I was super self conscious far into my adult life because of being bullied in school that I actually think doing online school or homeschooled would have been better for me. I definitely don’t have to be social with people I don’t have anything in common with or people who find it acceptable to bully others. You wouldn’t force yourself to be cordial with people who go out of their way to make fun of you. I’ve never had this issue as an adult working jobs though. Adults are more mature than children in school, so yeah you can be cordial with people who don’t necessarily like you, but when it’s to the point of bullying…. Hell no, I’m not being cordial with you. “If you don’t have anything nice to say, don’t say it.” <— this is something kids don’t practice.

Just chipping in (lol cos I can do that if I want lol) about homeschooling and yeah, I have to say, every single child or adult I've met that was homechooled is pretty off socially. I'm not even talking about being anxious and shy, I'm talking arrogance! They might seem fine to people who base social skills on confidence, but they miss basic social skills when it comes to things like talking over the top of people, because they've never learned to be anything other than the centre of the universe. It's got to a point where I can call it that they're homeschooled and I've never been wrong haha.

There are exceptions of course, but those are few and far between, especially with so many parents now self-diagnosing their kids with autism, either to excuse all their bad behaviour from an unwillingness to disclipline or a need to wrap their kids in cotton wool and keep them safe from the cruel world. I get the latter, I feel it as a mother myself, but you have to give your kids a chance at life. The greatest gift you can give your child is independence, because you won't be around forever and life isn't promised. Part of parenting is teaching kids how to function the best they can without them, rather than hanging onto the nicey-nice feeling of being needed by somebody. It's the right and fair thing to do tbh.
100% agree with this, and parenting self-diagnosing kids are the worst. Honestly, I don't agree with any kinds of this for whatever purpose and especially not one for keeping your child(ren) at home or excuse them.

And yeah, also even worse being overprotective which I had and still do from mine. I weren't home-schooled and I don't know how they turned out like this, but yeah if one can't trust your kid maybe the parents need to talk to a shrink.

might get some flak for this since it's disagreeing with another opinion on this page, but i think occasionally going out in pyjamas is perfectly fine and that it isn't fair to judge people who do when you don't know anything about their life or situation. i've gone out with my pyjama shirt on under my coat plenty of times because i didn't have the spoons to get changed all the way. you don't know if someone's having a tough time mentally, if they're on a tight schedule and just needed to pop to the shop for something urgently, if they're currently shuttling between living spaces etc. people wearing pyjama bottoms aren't doing anyone any harm.
I think if someone can't spend 2-3 minutes to change to a clean non-smelly shirt/pants they need to prioritize to be honest and maybe not having them in that amounts. I think most people use it as an excuse not to care and basically wear the same ones for a week, unless it's shirt/pants that looks like PJs which I just find ugly. But that's me though, feel free to wear what one want.

Also it's not about mental states it's just people have became lazy and thinking it's cool. But I might be a snob lady I dunno.

Last edited:
I don’t like coffee. I can’t stand the smell or the taste. Like, what’s the point in decaf coffee anyway? You drink coffee for energy. The taste isn’t that pleasant that you’d just drink it for no reason, right? The first time I drank coffee (by accident) I rushed to spit it out and drank water right away. I know a lot of people like coffee though.

100% agree with this, and parenting self-diagnosing kids are the worst. Honestly, I don't agree with any kinds of this for whatever purpose and especially not one for keeping your child(ren) at home or excuse them.

And yeah, also even worse being overprotective which I had and still do from mine. I weren't home-schooled and I don't know how they turned out like this, but yeah if one can't trust your kid maybe the parents need to talk to a shrink.

I think if someone can't spend 2-3 minutes to change to a clean non-smelly shirt/pants they need to prioritize to be honest and maybe not having them in that amounts. I think most people use it as an excuse not to care and basically wear the same ones for a week, unless it's shirt/pants that looks like PJs which I just find ugly. But that's me though, feel free to wear what one want.

Also it's not about mental states it's just people have became lazy and thinking it's cool. But I might be a snob lady I dunno.

... it can 100% be about mental states, what? no offense, but telling me, a severely mentally ill woman, that i need to "prioritize" because i don't have the energy to change my shirt is, well, not great lmao. frankly, i'd rather wear my pyjamas to the store to make sure i get food or some other necessity than sacrifice that because i'm afraid of someone like you judging me for a lack of energy i have little control over. deciding to wear pyjamas if it means you will get yourself to a store instead of deciding not to go at all for fear of ridicule is prioritizing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back