• Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

The Unpopular Opinions thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, it’s not good to be negative 100% of the time. Nothing good comes from looking at the worst possible outcome all of the time and worrying doesn’t help. I think there’s a line between having a positive mindset and being completely delusional and acting like nothing bad happens. I’m a mostly positive person but I understand that bad things do happen… just a matter of dealing with it rather than ignoring it.
Yeah for sure those people are annoying, but generally I mean people happy go lucky and everything goes well for them.. Like we get that but at least try to understand situations even you're positive lol.

And yeah for sure as well.

I don't quite get why it's so good having a 100% constant positive attitude all the time. For me those people are really obnoxious and it's definitely not helping, they just keep saying this and that either without knowing the situation/person etc. or just tries seeing good in everyone or something. It's like unless you can help or be constructive stfu lol.
100% to this.

When I was around 19 or so I went through quite a tough time as I had quit college due to not enjoying the course and the people on it and I was struggling to find a job. A friend of mine on the other hand had just landed her first job and was making a lot of new friends but couldn't understand why I was struggling to be happy all the time, when I'd tell her what was bothering me she would just say "You need to be more positive" which only made my mood and mindset worse. Obviously this was before we as a society really started to understand and accept mental health and that we needed to be more mindful towards others when it came to supporting them.

Either way it sucked and sadly I still struggle to accept that I'm allowed to have bad days and a negative mindset every once in a while because of something a friend said to me without realising the impact it actually had on me all those years ago.

100% to this.

When I was around 19 or so I went through quite a tough time as I had quit college due to not enjoying the course and the people on it and I was struggling to find a job. A friend of mine on the other hand had just landed her first job and was making a lot of new friends but couldn't understand why I was struggling to be happy all the time, when I'd tell her what was bothering me she would just say "You need to be more positive" which only made my mood and mindset worse. Obviously this was before we as a society really started to understand and accept mental health and that we needed to be more mindful towards others when it came to supporting them.

Either way it sucked and sadly I still struggle to accept that I'm allowed to have bad days and a negative mindset every once in a while because of something a friend said to me without realising the impact it actually had on me all those years ago.
Yeah, totally agree. I mean people who are constant negative can also be obnoxious(when for non-mental health reasons or they think it's their persona and they will lose life if they do different approaches ETC) but yeah unless those overly positive people can learn to understand why I for example in my vague example(I'd rather not disclose the whole thing due to privacy) I think it's better that they actually ask what's up or don't speak up like that, like not all persons are 100% good, either.

I don’t like going to concerts. I’ve only ever been to two and it’s really loud and there are wayyyy too many people screaming and dancing. It’s kind of cringe, honestly. I’d rather just listen from my phone with earbuds.
I like doing that, and I'm glad I haven't been to too many standing outside metal concert cause those msh pit people are rather uncomfy being around with so I do get your point sorta. Though I do miss going now because of covid-19, even though most people I like are like dead or too old to travel around anyway.

On another note, I don't get people who go to concerts just being loud and screamy, like do you even like the band playing? Lmao.

I like doing that, and I'm glad I haven't been to too many standing outside metal concert cause those msh pit people are rather uncomfy being around with so I do get your point sorta. Though I do miss going now because of covid-19, even though most people I like are like dead or too old to travel around anyway.

On another note, I don't get people who go to concerts just being loud and screamy, like do you even like the band playing? Lmao.
Reminds me of those cringe teenage girls who just think the lead singer is attractive, and they don’t know anything about the band. I feel like the music just goes in one ear and out the other. Being attractive definitely has it’s perks, lol. I don’t see how that’s important, though, just listen for the music.

Reminds me of those cringe teenage girls who just think the lead singer is attractive, and they don’t know anything about the band. I feel like the music just goes in one ear and out the other. Being attractive definitely has it’s perks, lol. I don’t see how that’s important, though, just listen for the music.
Exactly, and the same teens who wear "band shirts" from cheap chains because it has a cool look to it lmao yet they probably know nothing bout the singer/band LOL.

Joss Whedon, Novak Djokovic and Boris Johnson are all vile human beings (for different reasons) and you can't change my mind.

I don’t like going to concerts. I’ve only ever been to two and it’s really loud and there are wayyyy too many people screaming and dancing. It’s kind of cringe, honestly. I’d rather just listen from my phone with earbuds.

Omg I'm the exact same. Events like concerts make me so uncomfortable

I long to meet somebody who hates Mother mother! as much as I do.
They're even worse when they aren't pretending to be The Pixies.

The 2020s anime artstyle is a mixed bag. The vibrant colors really pop, but the small, barely visible noses look weird.

I don't get why people still go out in PJs pants or just stuff you wear when you sleep like, I get some are used to wear it cause pandemic but it looks incredibly ugly.
I don't get it either. To me, it's just lazy. Like, take some pride in yourself. But again, that's just my feeling on it.

im an animation student and im into anime but i seriously dislike shounen anime. I'm usually watching for the storyline, and shounen just feels too formulaic for me. Though I can see why the usually beautifully choreographed fight sakuga are such feats in animation

Heaven Or Las Vegas is such a bland and boring album (also disappointing for the most part, especially when considering all the hype that it typically gets on the internet). Cocteau Twins in general are pretty overrated, but that doesn't mean that they don't have any decent releases. The 1982 debut, Garlands (which seems to be constantly labeled by various critics as being one of their "worst"), and Head Over Heels are both much better albums (I was going to say Treasure as well, but then remembered that one is also mostly overrated and underwhelming).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back