• Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

The Unpopular Opinions thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
After kinda seeing the "Capital Hill Automated Zone" in Seattle, I'm now being a little skeptical. I feel like some people are starting to treat this whole movement or protest as a game. I feel like I've been seeing some white anarchists/communists that are kinda taking advantage of this whole situation to live out their anarcho-commie territory fantasy as if it were a Fallout game by Bethesda. Rather than actually caring about BLM and ending systematic racism, they are only there for the thrill of violence or action.

People need to understand this is reality and that this isn't a video game where you can do anything and get away with it. Black people are already having to face the repercussions from all the looting that happened earlier this month. This movement is about defunding police to allow more money into public community services, not LARP as Fallout characters. Do that online lmao.

Also, I could be very wrong, but I highly CHAZ is going to last very long. And even so, it's probably going to be a some joke territory like the Republic of Molossia.

Interestingly enough, I was planning on moving to Seattle after college to work for Boeing, so I wonder what Seattle will be like in the following years. I'm hoping it simmers down maybe after 5 years after I'm done with college lol.

Even in times like these, people have the right to be neutral to issues they don’t want to be part of. Under no exception is it acceptable to force people to agree with you, and under no exception is it acceptable to force people to do what you want them to do. It doesn’t mean being neutral is any better, but it’s okay to be neutral or indifferent to something.

i never liked avatar: the last airbender. 😬 even when i watched it when it first came out, i thought the humor wasn’t funny, the characters were annoying (esp katara), and the wisdoms were half-baked. my biggest problem with the show was the ambiguous mixing of asian cultures tho. never sat right with me lol

Well, I see everyone on Twitter and other platforms talking about K-pop and staning K-pop artists and I’m sorry, I really don’t get the point. I don’t know why you have to devote a huge part of your life to a particular artist or band. I guess it’s not for everybody, but I’m just so confused by it. Also I kind of think K-Pop sounds weird. I get broadening your horizons and checking out international music but K-Pop just sounds weird to me.

I really don't understand how people can drink sparkling water, it's just such a weird texture for water.

Coke and pepsi taste the same.

I agree with the cold part, but imo you literally can't drink flat Pepsi where flat Coke tastes even better.

I'm preparing myself for the wrath.

Coke and pepsi taste the same.

Yeah, I disagree. To me, Pepsi definitely had a different taste. It was closer to RC Cola than Coke (but RC Cola is very distinct from both, still). And like someone else here said, Pepsi can not be drank stale, it goes sour really quick.

(Edit: Just realized I spoke in past here, that's because I don't drink pop anymore)

I really don't understand how people can drink sparkling water, it's just such a weird texture for water.

I agree here. But there’s only a few drinks I am comfortable drinking. They are:

- Diet Soda (Coke, Pepsi, and Big K)
- Water
- Milk
- Fruit Juice (Orange, Apple, Grape, and Fruit Punch)

The others, no way. I may drink Coke Zero if that’s an option, and hot chocolate once in a while, but that is it!

New unpopular opinion. Everybody should raise children, but it doesn’t have to be human children. It can be pillows, plushes, or any other inanimate object. The only problem is that they aren’t sentient.

Well, I see everyone on Twitter and other platforms talking about K-pop and staning K-pop artists and I’m sorry, I really don’t get the point. I don’t know why you have to devote a huge part of your life to a particular artist or band. I guess it’s not for everybody, but I’m just so confused by it. Also I kind of think K-Pop sounds weird. I get broadening your horizons and checking out international music but K-Pop just sounds weird to me.
I personally never got into it for yeah, their looks wasn't appealing trying to be pink hair fan pleasers with music trying to sound smart and doing cryptic fan messages.

I do like Johnny's J-pop though cause it's a bit uncommon these days (and was before the boom) and they are not so pleasing, though it has changed in the last 4-5 years which is.. honestly a bit sad, I like the exclusiveness and the hard things about it. Especially a bit meh with newer bands trying to do the same K-pop boy bands and same videos, it's like please go back to the silly pop thanks. And yes they used to look cute(some oldies and jr's still do god bless) and not being as everything else (yes I love them bc they are being cute silly pop I admit)

I don’t hate him because “it’s cool”. In fact I don’t think I really hate him. This doesn’t change the fact that he still acts like a jerk from time to time.

i thought his music was annoying back in the day, nowadays i honestly forget he's still a thing

I don’t hate him because “it’s cool”. In fact I don’t think I really hate him. This doesn’t change the fact that he still acts like a jerk from time to time.

Makes sense then.

If there’s another celebrity I don’t like, I do not like Taylor Swift. Even so, I don’t find hating Swift any cool.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back