• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

The Villager Thread

Villager Fan

Bells
Tickets
Throwback Tickets
Confetti
I figured there should be a thread dedicated to the villagers of Jump Out. So far, we don't know all of the villagers returning (although since Jump Out is a bigger game, one would assume all villagers from City Folk are returning). I'm am glad Cheri, Cobb, Doc and Velma from AC:GC are returning, as well as the previously Japanese-exclusive characters Silvia and Hulk. So essentially, this thread is basically a discussion about all aspects about the villagers, old and new. Below is a photo of all the new villagers revealed so far.

http://img407.imageshack.us/img407/5756/animalcrossingnewvillag.png

One concern I have is what are they going to do with Champ? Now that Porter is returning, and they both look identical, will Champ be in the game? Will they change his appearance?

I could see champ still being in the game. Even if they are identical, it can all be chalked up to just a weird coincidence. Seems kind of weird just to take out a whole villager just because two look similar.

I sooooo want Quetzal to return with the other characters from the GameCube game! He was my favorite villager!

Out of the new one's I've seen so far, I like the new Tiger character (for simplicity sake, I'm going to call them by their body model and not the animal they most resemble. The Tiger looks like a snow leopard to me), the funky neon cow, the adorable blue wolf (not as nice as Freya, but eh she'll do), the light blue penguin girl, that anteater that kinda looks like Michael Jackson in his design, that pretty looking dog girl, the pink alligator, the red and yellow ostrich, and of course the brown deer and hamster!

You have no idea how much I squee'd when I found out we're finally getting more animal types when it comes to villagers! The villagers are the best part of the game for me. They're what drew me into reading about the game in Nintendo Power, and they continue to be my favorite part of the game. I can't wait to get the guide for this game and see all the animals I can have in my little village!

I hope for bat villagers and some cool reptiles
but even if we don?t get those i am really really happy with the new and returning villagers so far!
And villager pictures are back, apparently we will get them per mail- this is SO fantastic ;D

I'm so glad villager pictures will be coming in the mail now. You have no idea how many times I'd be walking through town after a spot of fishing and Apollo or another villager I adore waltzed up to me offering me pictures and I didn't have room for them! I always had to leave an empty space during fishing trips so I could actually have space for anything someone wanted to give me. This is going to be so much more convenient for me!

I think my favorite new villager is the takoyaki octopus. It's about time we get more octopus villagers! Two was not enough! Although, I always found it odd that they were even in the game in the first place. Since when can octopi survive out of water? *shrugs*

I think my favorite new villager is the takoyaki octopus. It's about time we get more octopus villagers! Two was not enough! Although, I always found it odd that they were even in the game in the first place. Since when can octopi survive out of water? *shrugs*

I also found it wierd since we can catch octupi while fishing. I find that a bit awkward...

Anyways~ My favorite new villager has to be Doremi or the blue and brown bear(?) I saw. But all like all the deer, and pretty much all the new characters... Unless they make even MORE monkey/gorilla villagers. I hate monkeys and gorillas... But that's beside the point. I like the hamster too, he's so chubby looking!

LOVING Doremi!!! The white tiger is really pretty too :O And the fact that old villagers are coming back!! :'D I missed Cheri!!! And all the new animals too! I agree on villagers being a big part of my AC experience as well! I love chatting with them every day to see the funny things they talk about XD

I hope Quetzal and Buzz return from ACGC. :)

I also want that new brown duck (With the black eyes and pink cheeks) :blush: Eeeee!!!

Oh, and he new male kangaroo!

It would be hilarious if Champ does make it into the game, and he says something like "did you see that monkey in the train station? He looks exactly like me! Separated at birth do you think?" or something along those lines. Other villagers could chime in and say "I almost mistook the monkey at the train station for Champ. Champ never said he had a brother." I could SO see them saying stuff like that lol.

My favourite in WW and LGTTC was Stitches... I always hope to see him when a new trailer is released, but I haven't spotted him yet :(

Has anybody seen him?

I'm glad that all my favorites have been in pretty much every game, so the odds of them not are very low. (my favorites are Marina, Tangy, Ruby, Static, and Filbert.) But what I want are the animals with new personalities. As much as I would like Takoyaki, I would still prefer to get one of each personality group because it's something we haven't had for so long.

Yeah, I'm really hoping that I start out with one of the new personality types in my village. It'll be refreshing to see a behavior type I'm not used to after all these years!

I hope for bat villagers and some cool reptiles

I wonder, if there was any other new villager species they probably would have been shown off by now though. :(

Am I the only one who would like insect villagers? I mean we already have some aquatic villagers that can also be caught (like frogs) so maybe some Beetle villagers? Or praying mantis? (Or maybe Butterfly Villagers)

Bats would be nice too.

I'm really not fond of most bugs so I'd be afraid insect villagers would creep me out too much. xD Though a praying mantis character would look pretty cool.

I really like bats so they'd be nice too!

I'm really not fond of most bugs so I'd be afraid insect villagers would creep me out too much. xD Though a praying mantis character would look pretty cool.

I really like bats so they'd be nice too!

I'm quite the opposite XD bug villagers wouldn't faze me at all, while I'm terrified of bats (though we already have sloths, which is my other animal phobia, so it could turn out okay.) Honestly though, I'd rather have a bat be a special character. Maybe you would have to lead him around town for furniture. (I know it's not going to be in this game, just my mind wandering)

Dang. Now I've gone and rambled.

I'm pretty sure there are bugs they could use that wouldn't be freaky. Besides you could make a spider endearing (or at least tolerable) with enough effort and care.

I figure a Mantis, a Butterfly or some kind of Beetle would probably be the easiest to incorporate into the ac world.

Last edited:
Just as long as they didn't go out of their way to make the extra limbs creepy I'd be fine. It's the legs that get me!

I would be surprised if bug villagers didn't include butterflies. That's pretty much something I'd expect to see. xD

Just as long as they didn't go out of their way to make the extra limbs creepy I'd be fine. It's the legs that get me!

I would be surprised if bug villagers didn't include butterflies. That's pretty much something I'd expect to see. xD

Yeah, I could see butterflies and lady bugs as possible villagers. Praying mantises wouldn't be too out of the ordinary either.

Back