• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

Things that they should have in AC3DS

I would like to be able to keep more than 8 patterns because I reallllllly hated how I couldn't make a good pathway with corners, and sides, and crosses etc. without having to destroy them or when you put them into storage the patterns on the ground turn into something else!

This is what it means:

In WW, players were able to “lock in” villagers they wanted to keep by completing a task for them (say, delivering a present to a neighbor), but never reporting back that the task was done. For example, I want to keep Limberg forever. He asks me to deliver a present to Dora, which I do, but I never tell Limberg I delivered it. This leaves Limberg hanging in limbo and prevents him from moving.

This is an uncomfirmed way to lock a villager:

When Tom Nook asks you to write a letter or deliver something to the villager do not complete the assinment and save.

I hope that it works in AC:3ds, so we don't have to lose are favorite villagers.

Last edited:
Maybe they could put how to lock villagers on the signboards.

Yeah it sound like you want to strap villagers to the signboard, keep them there and watch as the seasons and cruel Mother Earth waste them away... LOL:p

This is what it means:.

That's cheating. It's exploiting a flaw in the game.

Just like in real life, you can't force people to stay somewhere. Having a neighbor leave, even if they are your favorite, is part of the game. Sorry, but I completely disagree with ANY sort of way of forcing a villager to stay in the village. If you don't want them to move, talk to them every day, send them letters, do tasks for them, and IF they do happen to decide to move, you can convince them not to. You go to their house, it'll have boxes. You talk to them, and it gives you the option for them to stay.

Also Rover, that is exactly what I was thinking! XD

That's cheating. It's exploiting a flaw in the game.

Just like in real life, you can't force people to stay somewhere. Having a neighbor leave, even if they are your favorite, is part of the game. Sorry, but I completely disagree with ANY sort of way of forcing a villager to stay in the village. If you don't want them to move, talk to them every day, send them letters, do tasks for them, and IF they do happen to decide to move, you can convince them not to. You go to their house, it'll have boxes. You talk to them, and it gives you the option for them to stay.

Well being nice to them doesn't always work all the time and I don't mind cheating a little to keep my favortie villager.

Well being nice to them doesn't always work all the time and I don't mind cheating a little to keep my favortie villager.

Being nice/talking to them on City Folk always worked for me (everytime).

That would be cool if they had a jail in the game... ... OvO you could really lock them in the town!

with some of the things people come up with, i wouldn't have a clue

Population Growing had a police station, so that was the closest thing. It would be nice to see the police station again.

me never play ACGC *sulks in corner*

i missed out on so much.

The police station was where the two cops hung out (Booker and What's-His-Name [sorry, terrible w/ names]) instead of in the city gates (which GC didn't have). I think I would like to see a return of that as well, especially since I did not see gates in the new city.

The worst thing you can do in AC is burying pitfalls. I don't think that warrants jail time. XD

and you're right, RisingSun! AC3DS doesn't have gates, it will probably return the train station. As for Booker and Copper, I hope they have their own little building again. Made it seem like they were more important.

I'd love to have Porter come back and run the train station. Kapp'n was great for the car and the bus. But he could never replace Porter.

Back