• Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

Time Travel Poll

Have you used Time Travel?

• Total voters

Fjoora

Artist Extraordinaire
Bells
Tickets
Throwback Tickets
Confetti
Voodoo Doll
Pink Hybrid Lily
Red Lily
Tasty Cake
Popsicle (TBT Beach Party)
森
ぶ
の
ど
う
Who else hasn't cheated the clocks? I don't know why, but it bothers me seeing the pace of the game destroyed.

I haven't! That's what I think, too...it just basically ruins the point of the game to me. I look forward to unlocking things myself! :)

I vowed to not time travel with New Leaf...

To be honest though. I have Time Traveled a lot on my Japanese version of the game before New Leaf came out in America.

It's a personal preference. I have done it in the past and very sparingly on NL, the reason being I work long days and sometimes I miss out on events. But it is only to go back an hour or so, even then I've not jumped back from that. I'm not skipping through days and days to get special items or unlock new buildings.
I may not ultimately like it, but I wont berate anyone who does.

The point of the game is to have fun. Playing everything in real time is just the default ''mode'' for the game. If somebody has fun time travelling then there's no harm in it.

Nobody is ever actually playing ''the real way''. Nobody. That's part of why video games are so fun is because you're able to play them how you want to. Heck, there's been a lot of debate of whether or not island farming is legitimate. People just think their way of playing is the right way. A video game purist is the dumbest thing I've ever heard of.

Only once - but not forwards.

I didn't play on June 21st, but it was an event day (summer solstice) so on the 22nd I set the clock back one day. I played long enough to pick fruit, dig up fossils, and to get the ladder glasses. Then I set it back to the current date. Had it not been an event day I wouldn't have bothered.

I feel like there should have been another option like "Yes but rarely" or something D: A lot of people I have spoken to have done it on the odd occasion but wouldn't call themselves real TT'ers.

I feel like there should have been another option like "Yes but rarely" or something D: A lot of people I have spoken to have done it on the odd occasion but wouldn't call themselves real TT'ers.

This! I don't feel like I can vote. I've used it only once, as stated in my previous post.

And some people literally have to sometimes in order to catch everything for their museum due to scheduling conflictions.

I TT'd but only because I really wanted to hurry up and get something but these days I'm taking the game slowly.

I've thought about it. especially last night when I didn't get a chance to play until late in the night so everything was closed. I decided to just fish around until the next day but definitely considered going back to have the shops open.

I TT occasionally, if there's nothing to do in town. I TT'd some times and buildings unexpectedly popped up so I just hurried them up.

In New Leaf there isn't always something new, like a new neighbor, new buildings, etc. So TTing doesn't exactly ruin the pace of the game. I don't want to get bored of a game I've never tried before.

I time travel, but usually only a week or a month back and then I go forward again. I tt for weeds.

That being said, it's kind of annoying when people say they dislike TTing, but then run to the nearest TTer they can find, so they can get their hair done. >__>

I time travel daily. I do my routine for that day, then travel to the next day, and so on.

I normally end up playing about.. ~5+ in-game days within 1 real life day? It all boils down to personal preference. Nothin' wrong with not doing, nothin' wrong with doing it.

I've thought about it, but I haven't really had to, thanks to the Night Owl ordinance.

I'm not saying that I never will in the future, though, because like some others, I work and don't want to miss special events/holidays/etc. because of it. At most, I could see myself traveling back to morning so I could participate in an event when I got home, but probably not much beyond that.

For those who do TT a lot, I think it's a personal choice. It may not be for me or others here, but it also isn't for anyone to make judgements.

I've thought about it, but I haven't really had to, thanks to the Night Owl ordinance.

I'm not saying that I never will in the future, though, because like some others, I work and don't want to miss special events/holidays/etc. because of it. At most, I could see myself traveling back to morning so I could participate in an event when I got home, but probably not much beyond that.

For those who do TT a lot, I think it's a personal choice. It may not be for me or others here, but it also isn't for anyone to make judgements.

I have been thinking about changing my ordinance to Night owl. What time exactly does everything stay open until? :)

Back