• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

To what extent are you playing vanilla?

Joe!

Bells
Tickets
Throwback Tickets
Confetti
For example, are you going to reset your game to get the right fruit and town layout? Will you be using face and hair guides? Let's hear it.

Since I'll probably be playing this game for a long while, I want my town to look it's best. I'll spend my first day on New Leaf resetting the game until the town's near perfect! I'll also be using face and hair guides etc. because I don't want to look too stupid. :D

This is my first thread here by the way.

Edit: By request, I'm going to start creating a list of all the features of towns that are decided when you start the game. Please do let me know of any I have missed! Link to the thread:

http://www.belltreeforums.com/showt...-when-starting-the-game&p=1344715#post1344715

Last edited:
By vanilla, do you mean without resetting?

I'll totally be resetting for villagers, and perhaps the town layout. (And using a face guide!) I'd really like to reset a few times to try for at least 1 villager I really like, plus a town map that's as close to perfect as I can get. Like you said, I'll be spending a lot of time in this game, I may as well get it set up right! :)

I want my layout to be how I want it, so if I don't get it then I'll reset. Plus, if I don't get at least one villager I like, I'll reset. Other then that, I'm good.

I will not reset! I plan on staying with one of the 4 maps I right at the start. The only exception would be if they are extremely crappy.

well I wont be time traveling ever. And Ive already been researching the game and Ill be buying the guide.. so there wont be a lot of surprises for me. But I am still very excited to "do" everything.

I will also be resetting my town until I get a red train stations and peaches as my fruit. aaaand I will be using a face guide for my face :p

I'm going to use a face guide and just pick from the first few maps I'm shown, besides that I couldn't really be bothered. I think the starting sequence would start to lose it's charm if I had to sit through it 2 or 3 times, I'd rather start playing the game.

I'll be playing pure vanilla. This play through is going to be just like my very first town in Population growing. No resetting for a new map or face (though I did pick my face beforehand. Doesn't matter though, the options to get said face are the ones I would have picked anyway! :3).

If I get villagers I hate I will glare at them hatefully and sent them passive aggressive letters until they decide to leave. I'm too nice to hit them. If I get pears I will scream at the heavens, decide it's destiny since my first town had Pears, and then decide pears are as terrible as I think they are.

At least I get to choose from a few maps this time around! *prays to whatever magic Katrina messes around with for a map with not so bendy rivers*

I'll be resetting if...

...I don't like the river layout (I like 66 out of 116 of them).
...the shop is too far away from the docks.
...I hate the placement of the Town Hall/Mayor Tree (though I'm not very picky about it).
...the town fruit is something other than apples or peaches.
...the Town Hall interior is green.
...I get villagers with bad attitudes. It's okay if a few of them are like that, but not if they're all like that.

I'll also be using a face guide. XP

Last edited:
I don't think I'll be resetting (unless the town map options are horrible), but I will be using the face guide because I want my character to look decent. I'm mostly excited to just start playing the game!

I might reset if I have oranges as my native fruit or square grass. I don't know it seems kind of silly but those things might end up really bugging me in the long run, and it's better to reset straight away rather than weeks down the track when it really bothers you that you didn't.

At least it will be easy to get a map we agree with. There are a lot of river layouts I wouldn't mind.

I'm using a face guide, and possibly a Prima guide, but I really only want one for checklists :p
I think I'll reset if I don't like any of the town layouts, I'm pretty ok with all the fruits but I might reset if I get the 1 in 5 chance of cherries...probably not though. I prefer not to reset once I actually enter my village.
Why You Should Never Reset Your Town(it's a comic)

Last edited:
I'll be resetting if...
-the map choices are horrible!
-I get oranges or pears as my native fruit
-the buildings are horrible located
-the town tree is horribly located

If my free game code doesn't come on or before midnight June 14th. Then I'll reset once as I change from cartridge to digital.

Last edited:
I will reset until I get what I like. What's probably going to happen is I'll get frustrated and stop trying for a couple hours to try again later. I want the perfect map, (perfect to me), peaches as my main fruit, R-Parkers close to the dock, (because I will be making multiple nightly trips to the island for bug catching
122fs329172.gif
), the town tree right in the middle of town and maybe a northern waterfall.

By Vanilla, I mean stock. It means not using guides, not resetting, hacking or anything else that allows you to play the game how it wasn't originally intended to be played.

Oh I see. Yes, I will be then with the exception of guide books. I will not be resetting. If I want a new town I'll buy another game card. If there's even hacking available down the road I would probably do that on my second card.

I've kind of planned to reset until I get a town layout I like with either Apples, Oranges or Cherries as the native fruit. Might even reset if the town hall is yellow but other than that I will be happy with whatever else I get.

I don't usually reset, but then sometimes I get fickle and it will depend on the day. I probably wont though since I did that with WW and it took days to get the town that I wanted.

I won't be resetting. Partially out of laziness, and also because I don't think it's how you should play the game. Play with what was given to you. I'll use a face guide. I'll use a hair guide when there's a certain hairstyle I want for a particular outfit or something like that, but most of the time it'll just be random.

I'll be resetting for the town map/layout. I don't mind the fruit/grass/train station colors.
And I will use a face guide because if I get an ugly face it'll bother me so much to the point of resetting anyway. :p

Back