Tomodachi Life General Discussion

I finally got my game today. I put 5 Miis into it (3 guys and 2 girls) so far. One of my guys keeps trying to play matchmaker and he keeps trying to hook one of my girls up with both of the other guys. It's so weird.

I'm a little frustrated with the fact that the NA version of Tomodachi Life apparently can't pronounce Japanese words (written in English) very well, no matter how I try to spell the name phonetically. I have an OC named Aoi (blue in Japanese) and it's impossible to make it pronounce that name. I renamed her Azure for the purposes of Tomodachi Life. :(

Anyway, you guys should make sure to download the graduation cap SpotPass item. I heard it's going away at the end of this week.

Last edited:
You can force it to check for items. I can't remember exactly what the option says. If you go to your town hall and go into the options area where you can turn street pass and spot pass on and off, there's a button that lets you instantly check. It'll let you immediately get the graduation cap that way.

By the way, you can get it in 3 different colors: black, blue, and red. :)

Does anyone know if the items that show up in the import shop (the street pass and spot pass only items) are limited, or do they stay there once you unlock it? I made sure to buy 1 graduation cap of each color in my store today just in case.

Last edited:
You can force it to check for items. I can't remember exactly what the option says. If you go to your town hall and go into the options area where you can turn street pass and spot pass on and off, there's a button that lets you instantly check. It'll let you immediately get the graduation cap that way.

By the way, you can get it in 3 different colors: black, blue, and red. :)

Does anyone know if the items that show up in the import shop (the street pass and spot pass only items) are limited, or do they stay there once you unlock it? I made sure to buy 1 graduation cap of each color in my store today just in case.
My graduation cap is still there to buy every day at the shop.

Does the Graduation Cap transfer over to your regular hat shop after you buy one?

I got this game on a whim 2 days ago and so far it has yet to disappoint.

My Mii is the most desirable lady in town, and despite having a boyfriend has expressed interest in the cute guy next door (who is currently a great pal). I only let the other guy ask her out because I was certain she would reject him. Then again, he is also cute. This game is going to make something horrible out of me, I swear.

One of the married couples in my game had a divorce. L and Zelda apparently had a fight. And when they were mad, I didn't help them since I wanted to see what happens if they break up when married. I'm such an evil person 0.0.

I'm a little frustrated with the fact that the NA version of Tomodachi Life apparently can't pronounce Japanese words (written in English) very well, no matter how I try to spell the name phonetically. I have an OC named Aoi (blue in Japanese) and it's impossible to make it pronounce that name. I renamed her Azure for the purposes of Tomodachi Life. :(

Oh gosh I know.
I wish the "how to pronounce" thing was available with phrases and songs, too. That would help a lot.

Back