• Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

Tomodachi Life General Discussion

Why buy it. I can buy the sims. And why spend 30-40$ on a rip off sims game?

Why WOULDN'T you get it? Imo, it looks far more entertaining and looks far more aesthetically pleasing than sims.

Also, Animal Crossing can be classified as a sims game, so...

But, like Animal Crossing, Tomodachi Life looks different.

Last edited:
You can put in custom dialogue for certain activities.

If anyone is curious enough they should just go to youtube and look at the videos from people who got the japanese version. I know someone linked Lindsey's channel somewhere in this thread and she has quite a few videos of the game from last year.

Yeah, they really gave me a good look at the game and explained really thoroughly what everything was.

off-topic OMG GALLOWS I LOVE YOUR SIGNATURE HOW DID YOU FIND THAT AND ARE THERE MORE FOR DIFFERENT CHARACTERS.

You can put in custom dialogue for certain activities.

If anyone is curious enough they should just go to youtube and look at the videos from people who got the japanese version. I know someone linked Lindsey's channel somewhere in this thread and she has quite a few videos of the game from last year.
I posted thier link, here is a relink to LinandKo's Channel. They do a FULL play through and each section is usually 45+ minutes so the game is covered if you want spoilers. I am still getting it, the game looks FABOOLOUS!

All this is, is the sims only you play as Mii's. Ok let's go ahead and drop 40-50$ for this. Uh no.

Why buy it. I can buy the sims. And why spend 30-40$ on a rip off sims game?

post-6333-0-11785700-1397318472.gif

Don't make me laugh.
At least Nintendo give us the full game for $30- $40 instead of EA ripping you off for $30 - $40 for new freaking hair and clothes for your sims, yay gj dont even try to use money as an argument if you're arguing WITH an EA game...

Last edited:
Like animal crossing?

Well, unlike Animal Crossing, you don't play as any of the miis. Sure, you add a mii of yourself, but they do things such as moving around and talking to others on their own just like the other miis in the apartment, but they will ask you for help with things such as eating, bathing, relationship problems, fashion etc. They may even ask you to play with them.

This game may be a bit similar to Animal Crossing, but it's also like Tamagotchi and the Sims too. A cross between Animal Crossing, Tamagotchi, and The Sims

post-6333-0-11785700-1397318472.gif

Don't make me laugh.
At least Nintendo give us the full game for $30- $40 instead of EA ripping you off for $30 - $40 for new freaking hair and clothes for your sims, yay gj dont even try to use money as an argument if you're arguing WITH an EA game...
You make me laugh!

Ya guys. No more silliness. :/

And I appreciate you removing the cuss word Hamusuta.

Last edited:
I'd have to say that this game looks AMAZING, but I do understand what Luckypinch is coming from.

This game is 50% like the Sims but different because why: Its made by a completely different company with completely different ideals about simulation games. While yes, it can be construed as a "Sims Rip-off" but what is standard for a game that's supposed to be a SIMULATION? Mainly this: "A Simulation Game attempts to copy various activities from "real life" in the form of a game for various purposes such as training, analysis, or prediction. Usually there are no strictly defined goals in the game, with players instead allowed to freely control a character" And thats what this game is. Every simulation game is unique and has its fair share of things that make it great, amazing and cool. Tomodachi for example is its use of funny banter and random events that normally wouldn't be in a Sims game from EA. EA is a pretty serious company when it comes to Sims anyway...so this is kind of a "Lets joke around with our friends!" kinda game instead of a "Raise a family, get a job, live LIFE." kinda game.

To be honest, there isn't really isn't anything like this game. Like sure, it has some things that all three of the games I mentioned have, but this game really is it's own unique thing that will probably have it's own unique charm just like Disney Magical World.

It's possible that they could have gotten inspiration or borrowed something from those games, but inspiration or borrowing aspects from certain games isn't always equal to unoriginality. It is very possible to do one or even both and come up with something entirely new.

I plan on getting this game, I really like games like these! I already made a couple of Mii's for this game, lol. And Tomodachi Life isn't a rip-off, per se. Every game has what makes them shine, like this game's funny banter and actions, or Animal Crossing's talking animals.

Anyway, is there any planned release for a Tomodachi Life Bundle (XL, and the game) for the US? In some videos I have seen, it looks like the game can get a bit pixelated, so I would like to get the XL. It looks awesome, I like the conversation bubbles on it.

image.jpg

I plan on getting this game, I really like games like these! I already made a couple of Mii's for this game, lol. And Tomodachi Life isn't a rip-off, per se. Every game has what makes them shine, like this game's funny banter and actions, or Animal Crossing's talking animals.

Anyway, is there any planned release for a Tomodachi Life Bundle (XL, and the game) for the US? In some videos I have seen, it looks like the game can get a bit pixelated, so I would like to get the XL. It looks awesome, I like the conversation bubbles on it.

I didn't believe they are doing a bundle with it but who knows~ That looks rocking with the bubbles

Last edited:
Back