Tomodachi Life General Discussion

I actually like not being able to control the Miis' every whim and movement. I feel like it adds a level of drama and surprise to the game. I do wish, though, that we could have just slight influence over some of their decisions. Like instead of asking what we think of a certain Mii, they'd ask which Mii out of three or four would be best for them to date.

Actually, one of my Miis was interested in two people and she asked me who she should ask out. That only happened to me once, but two Miis sounds more reasonable than three or four honestly.

Actually, one of my Miis was interested in two people and she asked me who she should ask out. That only happened to me once, but two Miis sounds more reasonable than three or four honestly.

Yeah but if there are only two Miis, then you have fewer options, which can kinda suck if the Miis are based off people from your life. Like my Mii wanting go out with the Mii I based off my grandfather (really regretting adding him to the game).

I actually like not being able to control the Miis' every whim and movement. I feel like it adds a level of drama and surprise to the game. I do wish, though, that we could have just slight influence over some of their decisions. Like instead of asking what we think of a certain Mii, they'd ask which Mii out of three or four would be best for them to date.

I don't think the game is money-grabby, either. I think Nintendo saw an opportunity to appeal a certain genre of gamers when they realized The Sims 4 wasn't coming to console (at least I haven't heard anything saying it is) and decided to take it. That's just good marketing. I do think they dropped the ball on a lot things with this game, though, like the LGBT thing and the idea of letting children Miis date the adult ones. Overall, though, I think it's a pretty good game. Not as good as it could be granted, but I think it's good enough to warrant a sequel in which these mistakes will be corrected and I look forward to playing it.

They do have the option when someone wants to introduce 2 people, to let you choose between a few of them. So that's kind of nice. But yeah, I finally figured out it's best to not try to control things in this game. It's about the only interesting thing left in the game, to let it surprise you with ugly/creepy baby faces, and weird couplings.

I just think it needs more content. When you look at other games, and compare TL's amount of content, it's seriously lacking. Sure the content it has is entertaining and cute, but it starts getting repetitive very fast, because there's just not enough variations or things for the player to do. I'd say after 2-3 weeks, you've literally seen EVERYTHING the game can do, and there's no more surprises.

They do have the option when someone wants to introduce 2 people, to let you choose between a few of them. So that's kind of nice. But yeah, I finally figured out it's best to not try to control things in this game. It's about the only interesting thing left in the game, to let it surprise you with ugly/creepy baby faces, and weird couplings.

I just think it needs more content. When you look at other games, and compare TL's amount of content, it's seriously lacking. Sure the content it has is entertaining and cute, but it starts getting repetitive very fast, because there's just not enough variations or things for the player to do. I'd say after 2-3 weeks, you've literally seen EVERYTHING the game can do, and there's no more surprises.

Yeah, that's understandable. The current TL is a bit like playing The Sims 3 with no expansion packs, stuff packs, or store content, and I know how quickly people can get tired of that. But I still love the game for what it is and I'm having a lot of fun playing it right now. It would have been awesome if there had been some DLC for it or if the Miis passed away like they do in The Sims. I mean, I'd rather play with the new Miis than just have the old ones keep on having kids over and over again. I also think it's really annoying that the Miis keep their apartments once they get married. If they didn't do that, then there'd be even more room for new Miis and Nintendo could have included, like, a singles' condo building for newly divorced Miis or whatever.

Yeah, that's understandable. The current TL is a bit like playing The Sims 3 with no expansion packs, stuff packs, or store content, and I know how quickly people can get tired of that. But I still love the game for what it is and I'm having a lot of fun playing it right now. It would have been awesome if there had been some DLC for it or if the Miis passed away like they do in The Sims. I mean, I'd rather play with the new Miis than just have the old ones keep on having kids over and over again. I also think it's really annoying that the Miis keep their apartments once they get married. If they didn't do that, then there'd be even more room for new Miis and Nintendo could have included, like, a singles' condo building for newly divorced Miis or whatever.

I like your ideas, becaue they would add more content. That's what the game needs. Yes it is fun at first, I enjoyed it for a while too. But then it doesn't give you a reason to keep playing long term.

I guess if someone has 20 games, they just like to jump around from game to game and try each out for a while. They would like this game. But I like games that I can really settle into. I'm glad I experienced this game though. I just think it should have been one of those $10 games you can buy in the eShop.

I went from being a more "hardcore" gamer (shooters, strategy and more difficult adventure games) to a casual gamer and it fits my style. I love that you can just ignore the game for a while and it doesn`t ask you to do a lot of stuff I don`t feel like doing. To many games force you to do things, thats why I like games with a certain amount of freedom to it, like Animal Crossing, Harvest Moon and Fire Emblem.

I can imagine people saying it gets boring fast, but for others like me, thats exactly what I like about it. You don`t have think, work hard or do anything really, its just for laughs. The thing I do agree on is that the price you pay for it, is way to high. Still I must admit that after quite some time now, it still keeps its charm for me. I still smile at the bouncing mii`s when they want to play a game. So yeah. Its got to be your cup of tea. When I was younger I never would have played this, but now its pick up and play type of games I love. Even though when you have a lot of those games, your still forced to play more time then you want to, lol. :D

I like your ideas, becaue they would add more content. That's what the game needs. Yes it is fun at first, I enjoyed it for a while too. But then it doesn't give you a reason to keep playing long term.

I guess if someone has 20 games, they just like to jump around from game to game and try each out for a while. They would like this game. But I like games that I can really settle into. I'm glad I experienced this game though. I just think it should have been one of those $10 games you can buy in the eShop.

Thanks, and I get where you're coming from. I mean, if the sole purpose of the game is to just pair up Miis, so they can get married and have babies for the rest of infinity, what happens after they're all married? I mean, we don't control who they fall in love with, so it's not like we can create drama by making them have an affair or something. Or what if we want the old Miis to move away, so we can fill the island up with new ones? I know we can move the kids out, but I haven't heard whether or not adults and married couples will move. Eventually, though, the novelty of Scott Summers dating Princess Peach is gonna wear off. So I agree with you on the price, that's why I waited to buy the game, but I still ended up paying almost full price ($35 instead of $40).

Yup, so the content that's there right now is pretty cute and I certainly agree the game makes me smile at some of the things the miis do. So that's good. But it needs more content, and there's a ton of things they could have added that wouldn't necessarily make it a harder game, or more demanding. Just a little more exciting to observe the miis lives.

...Nightcrawler and Shadowcat just started dating. The dreams of an entire fandom have finally come true.

Yeah, though, this game is super cute and I really like it. Every time something like that ^ happens, I feel like I could just play forever. I'm gonna be really sad when the cute wears off T.T

ive had the game for a few months now and im bored with it. i have 75 miis but i dont check it as often as acnl or pokemon y. thinking about selling it so i can get some money for oras.

Diva and Cousteau keep popping out babies what the heck?! They just had their 3rd today.. So now they've had 2 daughters and a son. (and they all have Cousteau's eyes lol)

My Miis keep asking me to put more Miis on the island, but I've already got like sixty living there and I want to keep some apartments open for the babies the married Miis have. The non-fugly babies, anyway. Really hoping Dexter Morgan and Raven from Teen Titans get together. They'd have some interesting children.

The mii I made for my mii to get together with isn't going well...I made them the perfect personalities but it always says not getting along well. I even checked the love tester which is probably a scam, and it said they are thee perfect match but my ii needs to step up.

JUST GET MARRIED, PLEASE....please..

The mii I made for my mii to get together with isn't going well...I made them the perfect personalities but it always says not getting along well. I even checked the love tester which is probably a scam, and it said they are thee perfect match but my ii needs to step up.

I feel your pain. I created a Mii of Kyo Sohma just for the heck of it and then found out he's 97% compatible with my Mii. So I moved his apartment right next door to hers and they haven't even met yet.

The love tester has never made sense to me either. People that weren't compatible on it, got married and had babies already. *sigh

BTW, your username = all kinds of awesomeness :p

I made 2 cute boys purposefully so one of them could date my mii (All the Harry Potter characters are taken :p) but they haven't even met yet! Is there any way to make peopke be friends?

A tip, if you want a same gender couple just make one a boy and the other a chick then just them in whatever cloths. I used this for two of my friends and it works perfectly :3

I made 2 cute boys purposefully so one of them could date my mii (All the Harry Potter characters are taken :p) but they haven't even met yet! Is there any way to make peopke be friends?

Miis become friends randomly. You have to wait for one of them to ask to become friends or for someone else to introduce them.

Btw, right now I'm pretty sure Professor Xavier is sabotaging my Mii's relationship with Kyo Sohma. He became friends with Kyo the day he moved in (Kyo, that is) and now all he can talk about is how he can have a closer relationship with my Mii xD

Should I recreate my island? There's nothingbto do on it. Most peopke ate already in relationships and I'd like to restart. But I'm not sure... is it a good idea or would I regret it

Back