Tomodachi Life General Discussion

Should I recreate my island? There's nothingbto do on it. Most peopke ate already in relationships and I'd like to restart. But I'm not sure... is it a good idea or would I regret it

If you want to restart, then restart. You might regret losing some of your Miis, yeah, but you have to consider how restarting would make you feel in the long run. What would you gain from restarting? That's the question you need to think about. Not what would you lose.

Should I recreate my island? There's nothingbto do on it. Most peopke ate already in relationships and I'd like to restart. But I'm not sure... is it a good idea or would I regret it

I wouldn't. Instead, I would delete some mii's, and/or add some new ones. That will make things a little newer maybe. But I don't see what restarting would accomplish, except that you'd have to start your collection all over again too.

Out of curiosity, do you guys ever delete Miis for liking the wrong Mii?

No, I wouldn't. Ultimately you're given the choice if you want them together or not (eventually, at least), so I don't think it's worth deleting a Mii over something temporary. They might be sad for a while if you tell them no, but they get over it.

...So I'm already tired of this game and thinking of selling it back to Gamestop. I guess it's because I'm sort of a control freak, but I find this game absolutely infuriating cause the Miis just do their own thing and yeah, it is boring. I find it especially disappointing that the babies grow up so fast and all we get to do to help raise them is rock them a little or play peek-a-boo. I'm really depressed over this, too, because I had such high hopes for this game.

...So I'm already tired of this game and thinking of selling it back to Gamestop. I guess it's because I'm sort of a control freak, but I find this game absolutely infuriating cause the Miis just do their own thing and yeah, it is boring. I find it especially disappointing that the babies grow up so fast and all we get to do to help raise them is rock them a little or play peek-a-boo. I'm really depressed over this, too, because I had such high hopes for this game.
I wont sell it back but I dont play it very often anymore, it had a charm for the first few months but now it is just the same things over and over again...

I'm in the same boat. I won't sell it back, mostly because I'm too lazy to deal with doing that.

But I'm very disappointed too. I decided for a bit to just check in each day, collect the new items from the stores, check to see if anyone had a romantic problem, and then leave. My poor miis, they didn't get fed or clothed anymore. Eventually, I've given up on even doing that, since I'm too lazy to load the game just for 2 minutes of gameplay, and there's no point in even trying to collect things. Just the fact that there's no gameplay really puts me off on the game, and I'm completely over it. :c

I usually pick games soooo carefully, watch a lot of videos and read a lot of reviews, that this one has been pretty much the only game to disappoint me like this. ;_; Oh well.

I'm in the same boat. I won't sell it back, mostly because I'm too lazy to deal with doing that.

But I'm very disappointed too. I decided for a bit to just check in each day, collect the new items from the stores, check to see if anyone had a romantic problem, and then leave. My poor miis, they didn't get fed or clothed anymore. Eventually, I've given up on even doing that, since I'm too lazy to load the game just for 2 minutes of gameplay, and there's no point in even trying to collect things. Just the fact that there's no gameplay really puts me off on the game, and I'm completely over it. :c

I usually pick games soooo carefully, watch a lot of videos and read a lot of reviews, that this one has been pretty much the only game to disappoint me like this. ;_; Oh well.

Everyone said it was so great, like LinandKo but then after a while it is just SOOOOO boring

I'm just, like, shocked because I haven't even owned the game a whole week yet. So I'm really surprised at how quickly I lost interest. But, yeah, I'm more than likely going to sell it back for a $20 store credit and put that towards my Pokemon Sapphire version cause I'm broke and every little bit helps. If nothing else, though, I am grateful for this game because it really put into perspective how great ACNL is and it inspired me to do some more writing (fanfictions, mostly). When Nintendo releases a sequel to this, I probably will end up buying it or renting it (considering I finally start a Gamefly account by then), but only after I watch some LPs to make sure the sequel isn't as boring as this one was. I'm still pretty shocked at how bad it was, though. I mean, at one point I was playing this game to help me get to sleep at night, and I never imagined it was that bad.

When Nintendo releases a sequel to this, I probably will end up buying it or renting it (considering I finally start a Gamefly account by then), but only after I watch some LPs to make sure the sequel isn't as boring as this one was. I'm still pretty shocked at how bad it was, though. I mean, at one point I was playing this game to help me get to sleep at night, and I never imagined it was that bad.

Are they releasing a sequel? I think it was popular just because it got hyped and everyone wanted it here because it was a hit in Japan I think. Hmm, I hope if they make a sequel that they fix the problems and add a ton more content, because as you said it really is only good for helping people get to sleep now. lol That's pretty funny actually. Because it's perfectly true.

Are they releasing a sequel? I think it was popular just because it got hyped and everyone wanted it here because it was a hit in Japan I think. Hmm, I hope if they make a sequel that they fix the problems and add a ton more content, because as you said it really is only good for helping people get to sleep now. lol That's pretty funny actually. Because it's perfectly true.

I'm not actually sure, but I'm thinking that they probably are because I've found several articles online in which Nintendo swears up and down that they're going to fix the LGBT problems in a Tomodachi Life sequel. Like this one, for example:

http://metro.co.uk/2014/05/08/nintendo-refuses-to-add-gay-relationships-to-tomodachi-life-4721325/

So if it turns out to be untrue, I'm going to be more than a little upset, personally.

Hmm...that article sounds like a way for them to get around the issue. It sounds like "aw, so sorry that we didn't include it...but we can't change the game now...but if we make another game...we'll include it then...ok?" A little condescending to people who care about the sex-same marriage issue. But maybe that's just how I read it.

It wouldn't shock me though if they made a sequel, since it is a very popular game. I just have read a lot of bad user reviews (like ours) on various game forums, versus the official reviews which are mostly positive. Everyone who's disappointed though has the same similar complaints, so they could fix those and have a hit on their hands with the sequel.

- - - Post Merge - - -

lol, just realized I wrote "sex-same" XD

"Coconut Island Police arrested Mario today. He is suspected of randomly adding hot mustard to innocent foods (Luigi. LUIGI was a cop.)He added mustard to some spaghetti that REGGINATOR was making." Help I want to know whats up with Nintendo and mustard!

- - - Post Merge - - -

Now I want to know why Luigi is so popular!

- - - Post Merge - - -

Coconut Island police arrested LINK today. WHY IS THERE A NINTENDO CHARACTER IN EVERY SINGLE NEWS STORY! THIS IS SCARY!

Hmm...that article sounds like a way for them to get around the issue. It sounds like "aw, so sorry that we didn't include it...but we can't change the game now...but if we make another game...we'll include it then...ok?" A little condescending to people who care about the sex-same marriage issue. But maybe that's just how I read it.

It wouldn't shock me though if they made a sequel, since it is a very popular game. I just have read a lot of bad user reviews (like ours) on various game forums, versus the official reviews which are mostly positive. Everyone who's disappointed though has the same similar complaints, so they could fix those and have a hit on their hands with the sequel.

- - - Post Merge - - -

lol, just realized I wrote "sex-same" XD
Personally I'm not expected a sequel anytime soon, they'd have to come up with a way to make it drastically different that adds playtime and sets itself apart from the current game. Same-sex marriage would be a starting point I suppose, but after that what? Short films starring your Miis?

Personally I'm not expected a sequel anytime soon, they'd have to come up with a way to make it drastically different that adds playtime and sets itself apart from the current game. Same-sex marriage would be a starting point I suppose, but after that what? Short films starring your Miis?

If so, it would probably be in mid 2015 at the earliest. Guess we have to wait and see.

Back