Tomodachi Life General Discussion

I had a suspicion this game would get old fast, and it has. :c

I'm so sad, cuz I really wanted it. But I've gotten to the point where I don't really want to play anymore. I just do the same things over and over, give them food and clothes, collect coins, sell coins, buy food and clothes, give it to them, play a mini game, cash the coins....it's so repetitive. I literally could play for 5 minutes a day, and then be over it.

I like my islanders, and I get excited when they get together or have babies, and all that is nice...but, meh. It's not as fun and exciting, if I'm totally honest.

Anyone here who got the game when it release and is still playing and having fun? I'm curious how you keep it fun...

Or maybe it is what it is.

^

I'm in the same position as you, after more than 15h got really bored. If this game had some sort of COOP would be more cool.

yep . This turned out to be a very boring game. I stupidly assumed we could visit other towns. Even the streetpass is useless..I've never picked up a traveler from a Nintendo hot zone.

People who like routine should get this game.
People who don't shouldn't. Simple.

I had a suspicion this game would get old fast, and it has. :c

I'm so sad, cuz I really wanted it. But I've gotten to the point where I don't really want to play anymore. I just do the same things over and over, give them food and clothes, collect coins, sell coins, buy food and clothes, give it to them, play a mini game, cash the coins....it's so repetitive. I literally could play for 5 minutes a day, and then be over it.

I like my islanders, and I get excited when they get together or have babies, and all that is nice...but, meh. It's not as fun and exciting, if I'm totally honest.

Anyone here who got the game when it release and is still playing and having fun? I'm curious how you keep it fun...

Or maybe it is what it is.

I still find it fun. Sure, I don't play every single day (it's more like once a week now with school), but I still enjoy it when I do play.

yep . This turned out to be a very boring game. I stupidly assumed we could visit other towns. Even the streetpass is useless..I've never picked up a traveler from a Nintendo hot zone.

I've picked up travelers, and that's not very exciting either. They wonder around your island all day, so you basically have to wait til night when they settle in a tent, to give them a few items, to level them up, then they give you one of the "special" food items. After a few travelers, trust me, that gets old too, other than just to collect the special items.

I hate to criticize it, there are some cute moments and things in the game that make me smile. But it's not really a game you "play". I probably will only pick it up for a few minutes, every few days or so also. I could disappear and things would go on just fine on the island without me. I feel so useless. XD

I just wanted to like it more than I do, since everyone else I knew got so into it. I'm glad I tried it out though. It just doesn't compare to a game like ACNL, that kept me totally interested and involved for a whole year. I guess it just shows what an exceptionally good game ACNL is.

I was expecting this game to feel like a routine at some point, so I'm not surprised.
I've been waiting for Tomodachi Life to go on sale because it's not a high priority and I know it's something I won't be into for too long. $40 is a steep price for what we get.

Luna and Brewster finally got married, after dating for what felt like forever. (I failed the first attempt, but luckily I saved beforehand and was able to rest and try again :b)

So that makes 5 married couples on my island now. (I'm kind of scared to see what their babies will look like xD..)

Some of the Bell Tree Miis in a photoshoot.

n1whzo.jpg

28s4ggi.jpg

Father vs. Daughter (Reggie vs. Scarlett)in the Rap Battle, Reggie said "I'm late for work!"

I always forget that you can "pat" babies. Always funny if you can make the baby poot too.

hehe, is it weird that the constant farting is one of the things I enjoy about this game? XD

One of my girls asked her best friend to date, and he said "I'm soooooorrrrryyyy" (lol), anyway, next thing she was at his place hanging out and tooting. bahaha...revenge!

hehe, is it weird that the constant farting is one of the things I enjoy about this game? XD

One of my girls asked her best friend to date, and he said "I'm soooooorrrrryyyy" (lol), anyway, next thing she was at his place hanging out and tooting. bahaha...revenge!
She can't get enough of the toot, haha. I love that though. I'll be checking the rooms and then suddenly a loud rip while the other Miis in the room give this horrified look.

lol, it's probably indigestion from the crazy mixture of foods we feed them. Or is this just what God sees everyday? I wonder if you took a random apartment building in NYC or somewhere...how many people you'd find farting, or skipping around their apartment...or just rolling on the floor deliriously....

Um, this game really brings out one's voyeurism, apparently...:/

Mario an NintendoCapriSun got into a fight and my grandpa tried to make them forgive each other but failed.

lol, it's probably indigestion from the crazy mixture of foods we feed them. Or is this just what God sees everyday? I wonder if you took a random apartment building in NYC or somewhere...how many people you'd find farting, or skipping around their apartment...or just rolling on the floor deliriously....

Um, this game really brings out one's voyeurism, apparently...:/

Considering I've fed them nothing but fruits and sweets, this seems plausible enough.

Watch out Gallows, Reggie was punching his punching bag before he came to throw stuff at you...

- - - Post Merge - - -

Now Reggies going to be split in half!

I didn't know this until yesterday, but apparently miis that have broken up can get back together. Soul apparently still had feelings for Maka, and now they're dating again.

And yes, the miis randomly farting is hilarious. A couple weeks ago, I caught England letting out a really loud one and nearly died laughing.

Back