• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

Town Layout

MademRachel

The Lil Mermaid
Bells
Tickets
Throwback Tickets
Confetti
Mailbox
I've seen a few posts about it, but whats so important about the town layout ?
Like are there things i should be worried about when picking my layout O: ?
This is the first time im actually really into animal crossing
and i want to learn as much as i can lol

I've seen a few posts about it, but whats so important about the town layout ?
Like are there things i should be worried about when picking my layout O: ?
This is the first time im actually really into animal crossing
and i want to learn as much as i can lol

Really it's all about what is convenient and aesthetically pleasing. It isn't anything game breaking to get a sucky layout that doesn't make sense. I believe this example was used on the forum, but I would t want my town hall next to my beach, nor my town tree hiding in a corner of the map. It just doesn't make much sense, ya know? I personally want my main buildings toward the top of my map, and the current buildings to not be cluttered. (Can't help where future villagers move in, though.)

This is my map, except there are 4 more villagers the right lol

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    82 KB · Views: 483
You don't really go to that peninsula though, since its kinda empty and separated by a river, huh? Cool tree centrality though, looks kinda like a pokeball.

I want a map with the beach on the left to be aesthetically pleasing (the very first footage of the game had the beach on the left so I want it too) and I want Re-Tail to be very close to the dock for easy fish and bug selling when I'm forced to use the island in the non-summer months.

I actually would love to have some kind of a peninsula in my town, it would be perfect for an idea I had for my community projects. :)

Oh my goodness, I want your map. How many times did you have to restart to get this?!

I do not even want to think about it...
I am not exaggerating when I say maybe 8+ hours

Here are some things to keep in mind when looking for a good layout:

- The map itself: river, beaches, ponds, ramps (there are two to the beach, some beaches may not have a ramp access making them "private"- which I really like, personally), shops, town tree, original bridge (though keep in mind this can be removed and placed elsewhere later) etc...
Then once you find a layout you like that way there are other things to consider:
- Native fruit: your native fruit determines what Delicious fruit can grown in your town
- Grass pattern: can be square, triangle or circle in the winter the patterns change again: square to circle, circle to stars, triangle to square
- Train station color: green roof/ light brown wood, blue roof/ dark brown wood, brown roof/ light brown wood, or red roof/medium brown wood
- Beginning villagers: if you want to have one villager right at the start.

I myself, will be resetting for map layout, train station color, and native fruit (with the train station color being not super important if something has to give).

THIS IS THE PERFECT MAP! CUSS!

No way, look at how far away from the docks Re-Tail is. Plus the beach is on the right. Yuck.

Now THIS map, everything's perfect.

nice+acnl+town+6.jpg

Re-Tail right by the docks, beach on the left, no sections of river that flow north (this makes the water look like it's flowing uphill due to the rolling log effect and I don't like that), a private beach, peninsulas in the river, plenty of ponds, town tree is right in the center with the town hall next to it. What more could you ask for? I will keep resetting until I am offered a map like that.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Isn't there a new map generation feature for picking your favorite from a list?

A list of four.

...beach on the left, no sections of river that flow north (this makes the water look like it's flowing uphill due to the rolling log effect and I don't like that).
How can you tell when sections will flow North? I don't like that, either.

No way, look at how far away from the docks Re-Tail is. Plus the beach is on the right. Yuck.

View attachment 3952

Re-Tail right by the docks, beach on the left, no sections of river that flow north (this makes the water look like it's flowing uphill due to the rolling log effect and I don't like that), a private beach, peninsulas in the river, plenty of ponds, town tree is right in the center with the town hall next to it. What more could you ask for? I will keep resetting until I am offered a map like that.

- - - Post Merge - - -

A list of four.
thank you for criticizing my map which I did not show to be

View attachment 3952

This is perfect!

View attachment 3952

- - - Post Merge - - -

A list of four.

What's wrong with the beach on the right? I actually prefer it on the right. :/

Back