• Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

Update v2.0 + HHP Discussion Thread

Same here I haven't seen a visitor in a while, the last one I saw was Resetti, but other than that I haven't seen anyone else.
I only had Deirdre once, but thats it... maybe i should get coffe more often

Does anyone know how to remove a 2nd floor from a vacation home? I don't actually believe you are able to. Seems like a big oversight. Unless of course I'm missing something.

Question about HHP: Once I unlock the ability to customize my villager's houses on my island, will I be able to use all of the items I catalogued on the main game, or only the catalogued/unlocked items in HHP?

Question about HHP: Once I unlock the ability to customize my villager's houses on my island, will I be able to use all of the items I catalogued on the main game, or only the catalogued/unlocked items in HHP?
You're given access to the same items you can use in HHP when redecorating villager houses, so the answer would be both at the point it's unlocked.

New App
Lotte just gave me a new App, called Room Sketch. It seems to let you practice room layouts, and even lets you save them, for use in client homes.

Not sure what unlocked it, but I did just get the final DIY from Nico and he told me to talk to Lotte..

Do you get anything from giving Niko spare DIY materials? They asked me for some today and I'm already struggling myself with spare materials.

Do you get anything from giving Niko spare DIY materials? They asked me for some today and I'm already struggling myself with spare materials.
Yes. The next day, you get a new set of DIYs, and another set of requests in the material box. Keep doing them for new DIYs.

Well this DLC continues to surprise me because I've just unlocked another new feature for HHP;

So I went inside Lottie's office today and she gave me a new app on my Nookphone which is called "Room Sketch" basically what this is that if you want to plan out the next design for villagers you can use this app to plane ahead of what you want the villager's vacation home to look like. So for example I saw Celphabot at the Resort and I already planned his interior and so I went inside the home. I used the Room Sketch app and it asked me If I wanted to use it. I said "yes" and the interior was completed. This is such a huge game changer now that I can plan ahead without having to spend so much time..
New App
Lotte just gave me a new App, called Room Sketch. It seems to let you practice room layouts, and even lets you save them, for use in client homes.

Not sure what unlocked it, but I did just get the final DIY from Nico and he told me to talk to Lotte..
Yeah, I unlocked that app today as well. Pretty positive it's unlocked after getting all of Niko's DIYs as I got the last group of DIYs from him today.

Yes, he'll give you new counter/pillar DIYs and also Lottie gives you a new app once you've completed all 7 of his material requests.

I don't think that you get the Room Sketch app after completing all of Niko's material errands. I've only given him the first set of mats he asked for and Lottie still gave it to me randomly when I walked into the office. For me it happened I think one or two houses and a remodel after "finishing" the game and unlocking customization for our own villager's houses. I also haven't done any of the donation quest things. I guess maybe you unlock it after having clocked in a certain amount of times/days (since I'm a tter and constantly went back and forth in time to reroll my furniture selection)? Either that or it's related to Poki spent on furniture or the remodel because those I think are the only vital things I've done before getting it

Last edited:
i had no idea they updated dreaming so you can search by island name now? that's literally the main extra thing i wanted, i'm so happy omg

I don't think that you get the Room Sketch app after completing all of Niko's material errands. I've only given him the first set of mats he asked for and Lottie still gave it to me randomly when I walked into the office. For me it happened I think one or two houses and a remodel after "finishing" the game and unlocking customization for our own villager's houses. I also haven't done any of the donation quest things. I guess maybe you unlock it after having clocked in a certain amount of times/days (since I'm a tter and constantly went back and forth in time to reroll my furniture selection)? Either that or it's related to Poki spent on furniture or the remodel because those I think are the only vital things I've done before getting it
It would have to be days related, then, if that's true. This was my 12th day accessing the archipelago, maybe that's the unlock trigger.

To unlock the Room Sketch, you need to have visited the archipelago on 11 different days (time travel don't affect HHP) AND you need to have unlocked all soundscapes from Wardell.

I was going to use the amiibo scanner at HHP but it says it is jammed. How do I fix that?

Back