• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

Urinals in men's restrooms are really unnecessary ngl.

Chronos314_XD

Most Likely to Die First in a Horror Movie
Bells
Tickets
Throwback Tickets
Confetti
I'm a cis guy but I have always thought urinals in public bathrooms are really stupid. Like we already have toilets which can be used for both number 1 and number 2, so why do we also need a toilet that can only be used for number 1? It's just really unnecessary and kinda dumb to me. And plus, regular toilet stalls usually have much better privacy anyway.

I’m a cis woman so I don’t understand the whole “men talking to each while peeing” thing, but when I was in preschool I used to go in the boys’ bathroom bc I liked their “big sinks.” (I never washed my hands in them. Don’t worry!)

It wasn’t till I was older that I realized they were urinals. Maybe it’s to reduce the mess with faulty aim??

I’m a cis woman so I don’t understand the whole “men talking to each while peeing” thing, but when I was in preschool I used to go in the boys’ bathroom bc I liked their “big sinks.” (I never washed my hands in them. Don’t worry!)

It wasn’t till I was older that I realized they were urinals. Maybe it’s to reduce the mess with faulty aim??
I don't think I've seen anyone talking to each other while peeing and honestly I hope I never have too, also about the second thing you said... WHAT?!?! Also if you don't want to risk faulty aim just pull the toilet seat up lol, that's what you're supposed to do.

I don't think I've seen anyone talking to each other while peeing and honestly I hope I never have too, also about the second thing you said... WHAT?!?! Also if you don't want to risk faulty aim just pull the toilet seat up lol, that's what you're supposed to do.
Idk lol. I was just trying to think of a reason why they might be there. The talking while peeing was probably something I saw in a movie or TV show. Luckily, I have no idea what goes on in a men's bathroom. :LOL:

No urinals for me. (thanks to paruresis).

No stall = I don't go. Even in a stall I struggle if other people are around.

I love those single room family restrooms with a lock. Those are a godsend.

I'm pretty sure the purpose of urinals is a cheap way to get people through quicker. I physically can't use them though. When I see a room with urinals only I turn around and leave.

I'm a male and also find them kind of unnecessary. Not sure why we have them. I always use the stalls anyway because I prefer privacy, or I just wait until I'm home to be honest.
Yeah, stalls will pretty much always be what I use instead
Post automatically merged:

No urinals for me. (thanks to paruresis).

No stall = I don't go. Even in a stall I struggle if other people are around.

I love those single room family restrooms with a lock. Those are a godsend.

I'm pretty sure the purpose of urinals is a cheap way to get people through quicker. I physically can't use them though. When I see a room with urinals only I turn around and leave.
Aw damn I'm sorry you gotta deal with that

I assumed it was to reduce mess. But I have noticed women's restrooms in general are larger. Maybe it is a time thing like someone else mentioned. Space thing? But I also wonder if urinals are cheaper?
But toilets can do 1 and 2 so..
But there are those few who think they are funny when urinals are used that way.

Urinals are a social thing.They encourage men to engage in manly discussions while taking care of their business.Maybe.I think it's more of a space and efficiency thing.Urinals take up less space and use less water than a standard toilet.Yeah,there's the privacy thing but as long as you keep your eyes looking straight ahead there shouldn't be any problems.

As a woman, I can’t really speak on urinals, but I will say I agree that single restrooms with locks are the best. I was in one the other day that I wish i could have taken a picture of and posted it everywhere and said PLEASE MAKE THIS THE STANDARD. It had a CLEAN adult size changing table that held up to 400lbs, and since I have to cath my son Nicholas, that was like, finding gold. Infant ones never say the weight they support, and he’s always too long for them. Also in multiple stall restrooms, hearing someone else flush their toilet makes him upset, since it’s usually loud. Being able to guarantee to him that no one was going to flush the toilet because we were the only ones there AND not having to keep my knee under the table for fear of it breaking was honestly the best bathroom experience I’ve ever had with him in a public bathroom.

I always thought it was to get people in and out faster.
Though to be honest I think urinals, and gendered bathrooms as a whole are unnecessary. Why not just have stalls that are actually private (door to the floor, working locks). That being said, single room bathrooms are the best option. I hate that there is a door between me and the sink, you know people have touched the stall door and lock between using the bathroom and washing their hands, and that's nasty that we all have to touch it. You know those things never get cleaned.

I remember someone at high school was talking to me the entirety of me going #1 at the urinal. First he kept saying "beautiful" then he was like "you smell like Gary Oatman and you swallowed a fly!" It was one of the most disturbing experiences I had while using a public restroom.

Urinals themselves, I guess I can understand the concept of though I can’t really speak on that either XD. Few things in life mystify me more than the lack of stalls though.

i didn't notice this part til now but if that's the case, as someone who's been in every kind of washroom (i'm trans) they gotta do something about the women's toilets too 'cause the amount of ya that do the hover-squat and get pee all over the seat 😩 and then don't clean it 😩 😩 😩

All I can say is, it's sure of a big improvement from bathrooms during medieval times xD I can't really say much about urinals. Maybe the intent is to just be faster, cleaner, as they're only for business #1 and not business #2

Maybe they're most effective in schools to get students back to class faster.

Back